(1) A New Forme of Mewtwo Revealed for the 16th Movie? [4/3]

I hope this is fake. For some reason I absolutly hate this design, probably because the tail seems so volumous compared to the rest of its head. And I personally don't think Mewtwo needs a new forme. It has history in the pokemon world and I think a new forme kinda ruins that.

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
There is a user on BMGf who posted this...

the members over on the site are saying that it's from an artist on deviantart so I think it's safe to say that the Mewtwo forme is a fake.
That's a sketch she posted several hours AFTER it was revealed trying to put the design to paper.

I'm sorry, i know it's unrelated, but i still wish they would give the mail protagonist and different hair style and different clothes, at least change the color, i'm tired of this blue and red clothes with brown hair, they always do something interesting with the female character; why not the male? Pokemon is an RPG, buying and changing clothes should be included, that feature alone would draw people in who enjoy games like NEW MOON, ANIMAL CROSSING and SIMS. :)

vinnie22 said:
I'm sorry, i know it's unrelated, but i still wish they would give the mail protagonist and different hair style and different clothes, at least change the color, i'm tired of this blue and red clothes with brown hair, they always do something interesting with the female character; why not the male? Pokemon is an RPG, buying and changing clothes should be included, that feature alone would draw people in who enjoy games like NEW MOON, ANIMAL CROSSING and SIMS. :)
Male

Also, since the game is in 3D, now would be a great time in the games history to include rafts, swords, and climbing gear to replace HM's such as surf, cut and rock climb or at least give your Pokemon a roster of non battle moves it can learn as to not mess up it's main four.

Pikaslash said:
Just made an account to post this really
May be some truth in this, note the space under Mewtwo along side the Genesect forms
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemon/long.php

Good observation. That right there is very strong evidence if it's not just a design thing to fill in the empty space. Hard to tell.

Ka$h Money said:
Isn't the movie called "Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo's awakening"? If so, surely they can't introduce an entirely new Pokemon (Mewthree) without it being the main feature of the movie (or at least being mentioned in the title of the movie).

Mewtwo's awakening could refer to a new form being "awakened".

Ka$h Money said:
It can't be a different forme as there hasn't been a Pokemon that received a forme in a future generation.

False, Unown received ? and ! forms in 3rd gen, and Pichu received a new Spiky Ear form in HGSS.

This looks pretty fishy to me. I think the Mewtwo form is a fake. It does not look like anything like Mewtwo at all. Take this with a grain of salt. I am pretty skeptical that this is a fake XD.:)

I'm hoping that it's fake, I really am. However the argument can go either way at this point so I wont be forming an opinion on weather or not this is fake, although I really hope it is.

looool... are they really going to do this? Like, is this the best they could do for the 16th movie? Picking up Mewtwo (which is already overrated) and then give it a new forme like 15 years later... lazy...
I don't even know what to think of the design: Mewtwo is already ugly as it is but this new forme is not much better either... Looks like Mewtwo as Frieza (in its final form) downgraded to its 3rd form...

Honestly, I hope it's fake. We don't need this.

I really don't mind if this is real...but what bothers me is they something BIG will be announced..so I thought something a little more interesting..

I'm iffy about it. It takes a bad ass looking pokemon and makes it look like a toddler version of itself. =/ Maybe it'll grow on me (if its even real that is)

Whether it is real or fake, I actually like the design. This design looks more artificial and more man-made when compared to Mewtwo.

It's actually very plausible that Mewtwo would get a new forme or that another clone of Mew would be attempted since Genesect is modified by human technology.

All of this, added to the fact that Pokemon X & Pokemon Y both have a double helix DNA symbol in their Japanese titles, suggests a heavily genetic theme for the 6th generation.

Team Plasma tried to do like Team Rocket and to clone Mew and it becomes Mewthree.

Metalizard said:
looool... are they really going to do this? Like, is this the best they could do for the 16th movie? Picking up Mewtwo (which is already overrated) and then give it a new forme like 15 years later... lazy...
I don't even know what to think of the design: Mewtwo is already ugly as it is but this new forme is not much better either... Looks like Mewtwo as Frieza (in its final form) downgraded to its 3rd form...

Honestly, I hope it's fake. We don't need this.
It is not "lazy" to re-imagine the original strongest Pokemon in the world(according to the old movies).

You may not like how it looks, but other people could love it at first sight. The same goes for all Pokemon.

If Pokemon X and Y are to have a 'genetics' theme, then a new Mew clone or Mewtwo forme would fit in perfectly.

Bolt the Cat said:
Ka$h Money said:
Isn't the movie called "Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo's awakening"? If so, surely they can't introduce an entirely new Pokemon (Mewthree) without it being the main feature of the movie (or at least being mentioned in the title of the movie).

Ka$h Money said:
It can't be a different forme as there hasn't been a Pokemon that received a forme in a future generation.

False, Unown received ? and ! forms in 3rd gen, and Pichu received a new Spiky Ear form in HGSS.

Form in Pokemon would mean that the Pokemon can change from one form to another and back. To my knowledge, Unown ! and ? are both different Pokemon to Unown A,B,C etc. and can't change to them when they please. The same applies to spiky ear Pichu.

As with Kyurem, some of the film's marketing stated that we had not seen the real Mewtwo yet, so this may very well be its new forme!

That Mewtwo design reminds me of this damn movie:

Falcor-The-Never-Ending-Story.jpg

Please God don't let that be a new form. Not only is it unoriginal to play with Mewtwo's designs, but it effectively ruins the Pokemon that symbolizes a large portion of the old days. I'm all for change, but I don't like this idea for him specifically. We're on the brink of a new generation and they want to give Mewtwo a slightly more mechanical looking form? He's fine the way he is, they don't need to make modern versions of every Pokemon. If nothing else, they should be doing something more similar to the way they set up Zoroark in movie 13.

Ka$h Money said:
Bolt the Cat said:

Form in Pokemon would mean that the Pokemon can change from one form to another and back. To my knowledge, Unown ! and ? are both different Pokemon to Unown A,B,C etc. and can't change to them when they please. The same applies to spiky ear Pichu.
Unprecedented things happen all the time in Pokemon.

There was a time that formes didn't even exist, but they do now, and nobody expected it before it actually happened.

It would make sense for another clone (maybe less sense for a forme, but that's believable too because Pokemon is heavily metamorphosis-involved) since there is a genetic technology theme to the movie and the unreleased games. Mewtwo is a man-made Pokemon made from Mew's DNA using genetics.

Looks really lame and unoriginal to be honest. If it's a new forme, it's very disappointing. I wonder if they're leaking this though a "crazy fan" and watching how people react when they finalize things.

While it would be interesting to see Mewtwo get another clone or transform into something new, that concept so far is just ugly. Its head looks like a fish attached to a skinned chicken body only with a tail.

Actually it kind of reminds of this guy..

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/GOHAN_SUPERSAIYAN2/3rd_freeza.jpg

Back