(1) Advent of Arceus Scans / Translations [7/6]

Ugh I hate Gengar Lv.X. It's so broken, I hate it.

Though, with how fast its going to be, Dark Arceus could be a counter tech (190 da.mage if behind on prizes).

I very much love Luxray and Tangrowth, which are two decks I see becoming Tier 1.5/2 in the future.

Tangrowth isn't great. It's very slow even with Sceptile. Luxray is pretty good though.

Arceus will be interesting. It'll be about hitting weakness, and having no weakness to hit.

Wow, Froslass is awesome too

When it evolves, search your deck for any card and put it into your hand.

Very Pidgeot FRLG-ish, only not so broken.

Ertai said:
ESP said:
Porygon Z decks just gained a spot in Tier 1.5/2. Porygon Z G and that Department worker both turned this into a contending deck.

I thought Department Worker/Porygon Z G are for tools...Porygon Z uses TMs.

zomg really? lol wow that's a big misread by me. Nvm the previous statement.

Oh man they actually had better gengars and sceptiles the whole time! A remake of the fossil gar at that.

So many decks I want to make! Salamence, Tangrowth, even Golem(even though it's not that great).

Too many of the X's are wasted on Arceus though.

Oh and Kabutops. It looks like the next kingdra.

PokeBeach said:
Also, Gulpin appears to be a shiny Pokemon, but it is not. For some reason, its green color has a bit of a yellow hue.

Shiny Gulpins are blue, so it wasn't intended to be shiny.

Medaforcer said:
Oh man they actually had better gengars and sceptiles the whole time! A remake of the fossil gar at that.

So many decks I want to make! Salamence, Tangrowth, even Golem(even though it's not that great).

Too many of the X's are wasted on Arceus though.

Oh and Kabutops. It looks like the next kingdra.

I've already got my fossil deck idea worked out! :D

C'mon man! If there was a shiny Gastly, there would be a 2nd Gastly in the main set, it would be foil and we would already know about it...

Hmm. Gengar Lv X...guys you need to chill...he BLOWS. Most X's have powers, which allows gengar to deal 60 a turn for [p], but if we devolve the X it can turn 2HKOs into 4HKOs, are you guys stupid? and who wants to put 3 energy on a gengar to spread 30 across when we have techs like queen RR completely shutting that down, effectively might I add, not to mention that we Gengar players run what...10 psychic energy at most in one gengar deck? and besides, with a 2X dark weakness, there's really no difference from 110-140, except that status will no longer hurt us as bad, neither will Uxie.

Expert belt + Rampardos? That's 100 possibly T1 if you go second. Holy...that's really frightening. That's the deck to beat my friends..donkpardos with 4 expert belt, you heard it here first.

Tangrowth varients will be slow and clunky, just like Torterra shaymin. I believe that arceus will rule also, just because. The decklists will always be different, which is gonna be nice, although at first glance they stink, I am sure Arceus will do well somewhere.

Luxray GL <3s expert belt. T2 80 hurts bad, along with almost every other SP card. Spiritomb's garbage, he's just too low on health to do squat.

I am very excited for Fossil mayhem, easily going to be an archetype with Kabutops and such, we'll that's what i'll name it!

just some speculation. Guys chill out about Gengar X, he's not great

Did anyone see the possiblty of bench sheild with Manitric [Pl ]

Come on attach that beach sheild to Manitric [Or however you spell it] and your bench is safe!

I like the charizard and luxray.

My biggest worry is Salamance but im going to run flygon to get around that anyway,

Kyroid Out

My POV...From a Strat.

4-3-1 Tangrowth SF/Lv.X
1-1 Sunflora SW
1-1 Shaymin Lv.X
Massive healage, yes?

Charizard is nice, still nice if there are the right cards combined with, to get full use of its body.

Better Heatran, that make fire decks better IMO - especially in Charizard or Blaziken.

Luxray is just sweet.

Gengar Lv.X is neat and probs made the deck even better. I wish that Gengar with Curse power would be amazing like Cresselia's Full Moon dance...

Kabutops and Aerodactyl is pretty neat. There is a neat synergy if the deck work well enough.

Lopunny seems to be a great card if used in the right deck.

Porygon-Z G... An amazing tech or so especially in a deck that can use the card to the fullest potenial like Luxray.

Salamence still works well with Delcatty...

All of the Arceus cards sucks, fullstop.

Lucky Egg is sweet, if used in the right deck, but it would be easy to get around that card.

Expert Belt is nuts, especially if is attached to an Uxie to do a guaranteed 40 damage, or ram in with any pokemon that can be Poketurned or SSU'd right away if timing is right etc. Amazing card that could see a good play.

Bench Sheild is alright... A damage version of the Unown G is good now I guess? But still harder to get into play.

Department Girl is nice, amazing in right decks such as Luxray...

I wish Bench Shield prevented ALL effects of an attack, including damage, on the Bench. Because of that, our big threats such as Gengar STILL have a way to snipe your Benched Pokemon. Not that great IMO.

darksoulSP said:
Did anyone else notice there were no Reprints in this set? :(

Actually there were, Professor Oak's Visit, Pokemon Rescue, Trainer Fossils, and Bebe's Search which already got reprinted in Bonds til the End of Time a.k.a. Rising Rivals. They just didn't post the card pics for them yet unfortunately.

As for this set Advent of Arceus, Gengar Lv. X what else is there to say about it. Awesome Poke-Power, really nice attack, can lose to Flygon with a Weavile SW tech with ease despite it's Weakness to {D} times 2. But that's the real kicker with Gengar SF to trigger Fainting Spell to KO their Flygon If you get a Heads.

Charizard is nice as well, as I've said before it's one of the best Charizard's printed since Base Set. I also like the new Rapidash against an SP deck matchup.

Tangrowth Lv. X seems alright, it's first attack is pretty good but like everyone else is saying this card may become underrated due to Flygon Lv. X and Gengar Lv. X mainly Gengar Lv. X cause of Mother Gengar and how fast Gengar can be.

Bench Shield doesn't really replace Unown G's Guard cause it only prevents damage not including effects of an attack which make Machamp SF so deadly against Basics not to mention Gengar SF which spreads damage counters like crazy.

Card Slinger J said:
darksoulSP said:
Did anyone else notice there were no Reprints in this set? :(

Actually there were, Professor Oak's Visit, Pokemon Rescue, Trainer Fossils, and Bebe's Search which already got reprinted in Bonds til the End of Time a.k.a. Rising Rivals. They just didn't post the card pics for them yet unfortunately.

As for this set Advent of Arceus, Gengar Lv. X what else is there to say about it. Awesome Poke-Power, really nice attack, can lose to Flygon with a Weavile SW tech with ease despite it's Weakness to {D} times 2. But that's the real kicker with Gengar SF to trigger Fainting Spell to KO their Flygon If you get a Heads.

Charizard is nice as well, as I've said before it's one of the best Charizard's printed since Base Set. I also like the new Rapidash against an SP deck matchup.

Tangrowth Lv. X seems alright, it's first attack is pretty good but like everyone else is saying this card may become underrated due to Flygon Lv. X and Gengar Lv. X mainly Gengar Lv. X cause of Mother Gengar and how fast Gengar can be.

Bench Shield doesn't really replace Unown G's Guard cause it only prevents damage not including effects of an attack which make Machamp SF so deadly against Basics not to mention Gengar SF which spreads damage counters like crazy.

We already talked about it, but I meant classic Reprints! :p

The problem with the Torterra Shaymin variants was they had no way to accelerate themselves. The new Tangrowth lv.x does allowing you attach some discarded energy back to it and the other Tangrowths on your bench suddenly a game just turned in your favor not to mention the massive healing pottential. 1 damage counter in between from the SF Tangrowth + Nidoqueen RR + Sunflora SW + Tangrowth X = Opponent never knoking the darn thing out and that is what will make this deck playable. It has a slow start but since The SF tangrowth has no power nor does the Nidoqueen the sniping becomes difficult for gengar to handle since there are fewer powers to hit. Also the new Gengar X is so broken it is not funny.

Back