(1) All 'Dark Rush' Scans and Translations! [12/14]

at last, they reprint Rare candy.. lol.. :D

yeah.. I also hope they give us, SuicuneEX not TornaduEX... sigh..

Wow. I kinda expected more Dark-type Pokemon. I mean, sure it's a mini-set, but for a set that was boasting about the Dark-type support...

Eeveelutions need some holographic counterparts. I'm surprised neither Espeon nor Umbreon made the cut. Umbreon certainly deserves the holo treatment, considering he's a freaking Dark-type! -rage rage rage-

Yay! Early chrismas present.

Kinda wondered why no Suicune EX cO Was really hoping to see one....
And I'm already waiting for the translations, execting!

If I'm not completly stupid, one tool card let's your darkness pokémon deal 20 more damage. But there is some kind of condition it seems...

I live in Japan and will be posting a video on the 16th (night of the 15th for people in North America) of me opening 3 or 4 booster boxes! I'm not sure what the rule is on self-promotion so I won't leave my YouTube name, but there will be an English opening right away =)

im disappointed there wasn't a zoroark EX considering he is on the booster packs and the set was suposed to be primarily dark type LOL... oh well

tornadusEX scares me a little (the artwork as i can't read japanese) reminds me of a steroided teenage mutant ninja turtle LOL

oh well can;t wait for the mini set in january :D

P.S Dark Rush is NOT a MINI SET! it is a standard set in japan mini sets are more like 30-40 cards :D

*dissapointment*

Wow this set was hyped up to be more than it really was. I mean, dont get me wrong, these cards look STUNNING, but Tornadus EX? Really? And only around 10 Dark Cards in a set titled Dark Rush? No. But, the artwork makes up for it a little bit and hopefully these cards are actually playable and at least somewhat decent. I do have to say though, the Full Arts look INSANE! And I would die to have that Gardevoir :p

I thought that the reason there was no full art Zekrom-EX and Reshiram-EX was that they didn't want to make new ones, but they have for Tornadus. It seems the chances of English exclusive full art Zerkom-EX and Reshiram-EX are getting higher. Entei-EX full art looks cool.

Hikikomori-san said:
Wow. I kinda expected more Dark-type Pokemon. I mean, sure it's a mini-set, but for a set that was boasting about the Dark-type support...

A sub set wouldn't fall in at 76 cards. Just saying. 76 cards is quite large for Japan's current box/pack set up. 3 UR cards is insane, given it's 1 UR per 5 boxes.

Additionally, 10 dark type cards is an extreme boost compared to prior set counts, which would usually only top in at 2-5 cards max for the dark type group with no trainer support. Until the trainers are translated we don't know 100% what sort of full support is offered, at least by the 2 prominent cards, but the point is the set is quite dark saturated compared to normal.

Zekrom Black said:
I thought that the reason there was no full art Zekrom-EX and Reshiram-EX was that they didn't want to make new ones, but they have for Tornadus. It seems the chances of English exclusive full art Zerkom-EX and Reshiram-EX are getting higher. Entei-EX full art looks cool.

Well, Tornadus-EX FA has a regular EX counterpart in an actual set. Zekrom-EX & Reshiram-EX were featured in decks and not in a set.
Honestly not quite sure how your first point correlates to the second. Maybe I'm just a little bit tired >_>

And...

WHAT. SHINY POKEMON CATCHER? O_O that's a first, a Shiny T/S/S card. Gonna be worth a FORTUNE. No wonder it's Gold.

viper.fox said:
A sub set wouldn't fall in at 76 cards. Just saying. 76 cards is quite large for Japan's current box/pack set up. 3 UR cards is insane, given it's 1 UR per 5 boxes.

Additionally, 10 dark type cards is an extreme boost compared to prior set counts, which would usually only top in at 2-5 cards max for the dark type group with no trainer support. Until the trainers are translated we don't know 100% what sort of full support is offered, at least by the 2 prominent cards, but the point is the set is quite dark saturated compared to normal.

Oh, I thought it was a mini-set, like Lost Link. I misread something here or there somewhere.

By Dark-type support, I meant something like increasing the Dark-type Pokemon. I just thought that at least half of the Pokemon would be Dark-type because of the name.

seriously a gold catcher and a reprint archeops shiny.... this is just scraping the bottom of the barrel could have at least given them both new artwork rather then basically the same ones as what was in red collection -_- (sure the catcher is gold but seriously only gold.....lamme)

Cards interests me:

-Carnivine
-Heatmor (no more deckout trolls)
-Empoleon (Better than Jumpluff)
-Raikou EX (bye bye Reuniclus)
-Plusle
-Minun (Searchable spread, that's insane yea?)
-Espeon (Protection is nice, just need Dugtrio/Manectric return lol)
-Cofagrigus (Tool abuse lol)
-Sableye (More tools for Cofagrigus)
-Darkrai EX (free retreat yes)
-Zorua (ACENSION)
-Zoroark (DO THE WAVE, FOR 140++)
-Rare Candy (Artwork only... So they are not dropping that errata? LAME)
-Dark Patch
-Darkness Claw
-Twist Mountain (SSU...)

Awesome, thanks a lot to Bangiras for the translations & the PokeBeach for putting scans up.

Well, only 2 T/S/S that help out Dark-types. That's rather unfortunate... I can see Dark Talon being used for Zoroark BW techs & T-Tar boxes. Dark Patch should be used in pretty much every Dark-type decks that don't utilize Trainer Lock.

Tornadus EX is just... awful. Rather, the stats are decent, but it's not really worth the 2 prize loss.

Twist Stadium on the other hand is an excellent boost for Fossils. Does this mean that we can play the Stage 2 Fossils with Twist Stadium, as well as the Stage 1s?

Empoleon = Jumpluff + excellent Draw support. Perhaps Donphan + Empoleon deck for fun?

Lol Heatmor. At first I thought, why would it do +50 Damage against only Durants... oh right, it's an Anteater. Derp!

Blaziken looks amazing & Blaze Kick is interesting. It has that magical 130 damage output, but unfortunately Eviolite stops OHKOs now.

Rare Candy Translation :

Choose a Stage 1 or Stage 2 Evolution card from your hand that Evolves from 1 of your Basic Pokemon, and Evolve that Basic Pokemon. (This can’t be used on your first turn or on a Basic Pokemon that came into play during this turn.)

this is real??
so we can use rare candy to evolve into stage 1 pokemon?

Lupin said:
Rare Candy Translation :

Choose a Stage 1 or Stage 2 Evolution card from your hand that Evolves from 1 of your Basic Pokemon, and Evolve that Basic Pokemon. (This can’t be used on your first turn or on a Basic Pokemon that came into play during this turn.)

this is real??
so we can use rare candy to evolve into stage 1 pokemon?

yeah i never understood why you needed to use a rare candy to evolve from basic to stage1... just save the candy and evolve manually LOL....

@jade

espeon looks like it'll be in alot of mewtwoex decks in the future as once it is out and has an energy attached its pretty much invincible unless your unlucky to be up against carnivine who can attack you and make espeon go back to your hand... but would be a great card to pair with mewtwoex and gardeviour i think :D

That empoleon is amazing. Its going to see some serious play. Its probably going to be a $40 card.

mpain0 said:
These are all amazing. Isn't blaziken the first card to do 130 damage?

Probably. Its looking like a decent dragon counter.

Back