(1) Battle Roads Promo: Victory Cup! [8/31]

I really like the Victory Medal card, but I think that this is fair for more prize support. Does the 4th place finisher also get a 3rd place or just 1st-3rd place?

Will old Victory Medal cards be legal for play then? Or will they be rotated out with the last set for when the Victory Medals were last given out at Battle Roads (so, Black and White if I'm not mistaken)?

I like how they made it so not just first gets a promo, because personally, for a BR, the promo is really the more wanted prize, rather than the packs.

Sounds to me like it'll be a little like the victory medals from Japan that each had a Gold, Silver, and Bronze edition.

Can't wait to see what these look like.

Are these the spring battle roads? did they change the fall ones to January/February? im seriously confussed

This sounds awesome. I hope the card is playable. Sure you have to make top cut to win it but at least there's going to be 9 per Battle Road so they won't be as hard to find as Victory Medals. =]

charmanzard979 said:
Are these the spring battle roads? did they change the fall ones to January/February? im seriously confussed

It's typo on WPM's part, he meant to say Fall Battle Roads.

Sounds good and more reasonable for BRs. I always have to pay a gigantic lot for admission, so having some value will be nice.
I wonder what the promo does? Obviously an Item-themed card, and there are only a handful of Item possibilities.

as long as it's at least as good as Victory medal, then I'm on board. this will help more in Spring ?BR's too, more attendance, and less people dropping @ top cut. or at least it has the potential to do that.

*subscribed to front page RSS in hopes of early scans of this card*

This is good news! On the one hand, I kinda liked how only the best players (or at least those who won BRs or got them offline) had access to Victory Medals, but there's never any harm in giving out extra rewards.

I like this idea. I'm excited for the new prizes. It's good that they actually make BRs more worthwhile to play it. So instead on the first player getting everything, 1st-3rd gets stuff too.

P0KEVORTEX said:
Sounds good and more reasonable for BRs. I always have to pay a gigantic lot for admission, so having some value will be nice.
I wonder what the promo does? Obviously an Item-themed card, and there are only a handful of Item possibilities.

I thought BRs were free? The only ones I've ever gone to have been free.

Maybe I can win one of these, though I didn't finish in the top 3 anyway!

I am happy that they are awarding prizes for more people now. I really hope they change it to top 4, because otherwise you are losing prizes because of resistance (lol, it is like a nation wide New Mexico tournament). I am wondering if I should sell my Victory Medals or not, do y'all think their price will drop? I have been playing them in my Donphan, but are they so expensive for playable, or collectable value? I have no clue what the smart thing to do with them is :/

I wish they were doing this for last Spring...

Well, now I have a chance at getting one (McClure always beats me >:[ )...

some places charge money to rent out the place, or for higher prize support. Or are forced to provide higher prize support due to the venue as an underhanded way of charging to rent the area without actually renting it out.

CosmicBob said:
I thought BRs were free? The only ones I've ever gone to have been free.

Maybe I can win one of these, though I didn't finish in the top 3 anyway!

BRs are typically free, but some events have a fee associated with them to help cover the cost of the venue. I've never been to any events like this myself, my understanding is that's its more common in Europe.

Vulpix Yolk said:
I am happy that they are awarding prizes for more people now. I really hope they change it to top 4, because otherwise you are losing prizes because of resistance (lol, it is like a nation wide New Mexico tournament). I am wondering if I should sell my Victory Medals or not, do y'all think their price will drop? I have been playing them in my Donphan, but are they so expensive for playable, or collectable value? I have no clue what the smart thing to do with them is :/

They're worth something for their collectible value more than anything. Their price may drop a bit when they end up rotating, but not by any significant amount. Each medal was only printed once for each specific event, so collectors will always be looking for them.

More prizes=I'm happy. I wish they had done something like this before and then maybe people wouldn't be so discouraged.

I really want to see what it does.

dmaster out.

In addition to this news, prize support for Battle Roads will now be a little different: first, second, and third place winners will each receive the new Victory Cup promo rather than just the first place winner. As such, the promo will come in three different flavors: Gold Victory Cup, Silver Victory Cup, and Bronze Victory Cup. First and second place winners will also receive four booster packs of the latest set while third and fourth places will receive only two.
Finally. Finally.

Back