(1) 'Black' and 'White' Starters to be Revealed on 'Pokemon Sunday' Next Week [5/6]

Awesome news - three more things to add to the to-draw list. xD

I've been pleased with every generation's Starters so far, so I can't imagine them letting me down this time, either. Looking forward to them. :3

Wait a minute, I think I know what's going on.

This week's episode is called "New Pokemon XXX" right? The three X's mean three Pokemon, the starters. They're going to show us the silhouettes this week and the full reveal next week. At least that's what I think...

I'm excited. I hope they're good and choose one as soon as I see them.

I am so happy, and excited i have liked all the starter of each generation i really hope that they are some really good pokemon because up to now the pokemon that have been revealed(Just two) are really cool

Oh, I remember those starter silhouette pics that were going around 3 weeks ago (the fire snake, the water dolphin, and the grass eeveelution-looking thing), and a lot of people actually believe they are real. I just can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they find out those aren't real :p

I can't wait for these! Although I was hoping for some prevolutions/evelolutions of already known Pokemon before they release the starters...

Krow said:
Oh, I remember those starter silhouette pics that were going around 3 weeks ago (the fire snake, the water dolphin, and the grass eeveelution-looking thing), and a lot of people actually believe they are real. I just can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they find out those aren't real :p

Those silhouetts're actually fake. It's somebody did on deviantart. I'll consider they'll show a dolphin pokemon as a new water starter. But I doubt it they'll show fire-type snake & grass-type dog thingy as starters. Probably they'll show another bird pokemon as new starter(like they normanally do w/ other generations w/ Torchic as fire-type in gen3 as fire & Pipulp in gen3 as water),but this time's a grass-type & I'll bet on it's a swan. 4 a fire starter,I'm guessing it'll be a lion.

How is a dolphin starter going to work on land? All the starters have legs. But yeah, I hope they have a traditional dolphin Pokemon (Lanturn and Kyogre are dolphinish).

valriefaery said:
Those silhouetts're actually fake. It's somebody did on deviantart. I'll consider they'll show a dolphin pokemon as a new water starter. But I doubt it they'll show fire-type snake & grass-type dog thingy as starters. Probably they'll show another bird pokemon as new starter(like they normanally do w/ other generations w/ Torchic as fire-type in gen3 as fire & Pipulp in gen3 as water),but this time's a grass-type & I'll bet on it's a swan. 4 a fire starter,I'm guessing it'll a lion.

I know they are fake. I didn't say they were real.

Water Pokémon Master said:
How is a dolphin starter going to work on land? All the starters have legs. But yeah, I hope they have a traditional dolphin Pokemon (Lanturn and Kyogre are dolphinish).

Maybe they could give it some legs? I wonder what that would look like :p

I means pokemon's like Gible. Look at Gible,he's a shark;but they gives legs 2 walk on land. That was I'm talking about 4 dolphin as water-type starter,duh. :D

Krow said:
I know they are fake. I didn't say they were real.
Oop!!! I'm sorry:D

Maybe they could give it some legs? I wonder what that would look like :p
I hope so.;) I hope it looks like pipulp w/ darker colors,but dolphin head. I don't known. We will see.

Can't wait! Im tingling with excitement! I hope the starters are unique. Maybe like different types or something. Id love to see a snake like thing. That would add possibilities...:cool:

I'm hoping that the grass starter would be a parrot like this to have a bird starter of every type. The feathers could even be leaves.

But then again the other starter birds were of the flightless variety, so maybe they could use a kiwi.

Ice Espeon said:
Wow. I didn't expect them to be revealing the starters so soon.

Neither did I. I thought it would be another 3-4 months.

I know for a fact that water pokemons are usually based on water surrounding.

Saltwater - Squirtle
Freshwater - Totodile
Muddywater - Mudkip
Icy water - Piplup

I s'pose the new one loves the.... acid water? o_O

Now this is getting me even more excitied, and I mean, really excited. We are going to see the starters from Black and White very soon! This is fantastic! I really can't wait to see how they'll look like. I hope we'll have yet another good-looking water type starter since water is often the starting type I choose. I also wonder if the starters will appear in Movie 13. That would be quite a surprise if they do.

Yep, I'm super excited. I can't wait for the middle of May, when the starters will initially be revealed to the world.

Gorebyss is probably the closest to Dolphin design IMO.

dmaster out.

I hope they follow the gen 4 pattern and make it so the starters are evenly matched (type wise) come their final evolutions. Like, Infernape's Fighting type is useful against Empoleon's Steel, Empoleon's Steel is useful against Torterra's Grass, and Torterra's Ground is useful against Infernape's Fire.

Probably the best set of type combinations for this would be Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting. They're balanced against one another but also bring some new/uncommon type combinations to the table. Fire/Psychic is totally new, while Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting are only seen on lackluster Pokemon like Shiftry and Poliwrath.

I think that the new starter's type combinations will be pure Fire, pure water, and pure grass. I think this because of the previous starters' types. First generation was grass/poison, fire/flying, and pure water. Second generation was pure grass, pure fire, and pure water. Third generation was pure grass, fire/flying, and water/ground. Fourth generation was grass/ground, fire/fighting, and water/steel.

Back