(1) 'Black' and 'White's' Legendary Mascots: Zekrom, Reshiram [5/28]

ENIGMA 19 said:
Well I was going to get Black version but it looks like I'm going for White now because of Zekrom.

Me too. I like them but honestly I think they look a bit too much like Yu-Gi-Oh monsters.

Wow this is a lot to take in. First off I wanna say these are awesome. I can tell the white one is a guy by it's bottom half lol.

But all jokes aside these are some freaking sweet looking legends. Their names sound a little weird to say but the black one is coolest legendary yet. Game Freak may finally make the legends epic, with an epic story to go along with them.

Wow I just found this out right now and am amazed about this. The legendaries look very cool! I think they are the best legendary Pokemon so far in the Pokemon series. Though they kinda look like Yu-Gi-Oh Monsters instead.

Reshiram is awesome. I already knew I wanted Black, and now I just want it more. Unfortunately, Zekrom looks too much like something from Yu-Gi-Oh. I swear I've seen the head on some monster before.

I think it is quite confusing to people about Reshiram (being white) being the mascot of Black, and Zekrom (being black) being the mascot of White. Though they're both awesome.

Ice Arceus said:
I think it is quite confusing to people about Reshiram (being white) being the mascot of Black, and Zekrom (being black) being the mascot of White. Though they're both awesome.
Black has a black background. Zekrom is black. Sticking Zekrom on Black's background would cause him to be very hard to see (black on black, ew). Likewise with Reshiram on white. Unless they made Black's cover white and White's cover black, which would be even more confusing ;o

Ice Arceus said:

Well they are gonna be taking a bigger part in the story than the other legends. Maybe Reshiram is in black because its a dark world that needs light, and zekrom is darkness in a light world. You never know with Pokemon.

Spherical Aura said:
Well they are gonna be taking a bigger part in the story than the other legends.
I hope your right. I hope for the legendary to be in the anime and show up more than the previous legendary.

Ice Arceus said:
Wow I just found this out right now and am amazed about this. The legendaries look very cool! I think they are the best legendary Pokemon so far in the Pokemon series. Though they kinda look like Yu-Gi-Oh Monsters instead.

aside from coloration, i don't see anything remotely close to the red eyes black dragon and blue eyes white dragon in these 2 pokemon. yes, these 2 legendaries certainly are different. and, i know a lot of people like them, and some people don't like them for whatever reason these people have. but, i don't really think comparing them to less-successful franchises such as yu-gi-oh or digimon is quite fair. you see, pokemon is "evolving," if you will; it is changing. if they created pokemon that look like the originals, then what's the point? it gets boring after a while. why do you think pachirisu doesn't have too many fans? because it's just a pikachu look-alike. having pokemon look different is great, i think. if i want strictly old pokemon designs, then i'll just go play blue.

Wow, even the official american pokemon site revealed them? o_O That's cool. At least we won't have to wait for english names :D
Anyways, I like Zekrom, I'm getting Pokemon White now :D

The Japanese Pokemon Website has released some gameplay footage and it looks pretty cool. I'm surprised that the U.S. website would reveal this as well on the same day as the Japanese Pokemon website.

OMG Best.Legedaries.EVA!! I Originally Wanted Black, But Seing Zekrom Is Part Of White, I'm Getting Both Games! BTW, Yeah, Zekrom Does Loook A Bit Too Much Like A Yu-Gi-Oh Monster, BUT HE STILL OWNZ!!!

I haven't decided which one to buy yet, but I think I'll probably go for Black.

I totally hate these things, they look like stupid yu-gi-oh monsters, when I get pokémon white I'm probably just gonna kill mine instead of catch it.

unless they're dark and colorless types, in which case I might catch it.

also the white one looks like some stupid new-age spirit animal thing.

gosh, first this dumb hot topic werewolf thing then these vision quest yu-gi-oh characters

DogMaster40 said:
Reshiram is awesome. I already knew I wanted Black, and now I just want it more. Unfortunately, Zekrom looks too much like something from Yu-Gi-Oh. I swear I've seen the head on some monster before.
Yeah, I'm getting that feeling, too...

Anyway, these don't even look like Pokémon to me. They don't even look like Digimon. I admit that they're cool, especially Reshiram, but I can't really tell what they're supposed to be.

Tobi_Akatsuki said:
Um, Tom, explain the usefulness or practicaility of Dragon(Normal/Flying) vs Dragon/Light???

i'm predicting that there is in fact a light type, pretty soon corocoro will reveal their exact detailes, i'm betting that Reshiram is in fact Dragon/Light
1st of all: I was pointing out that this proves nothing, not that there isn't the possibility of a light type (although I doubt it, but that might just be wishful thinking)
2nd of all: What does usefulness have to do with anything? Since when did the Pokémon Company ever care about usefulness?

I'm guessing these will be Dragon/Normal and Dragon/Dark just to add even more dragons to the uber tier...

Back