(1) Color-Coded Stats in HGSS? [8/12]

Remember, this isn't confirmed. The colors are definitely different, but we don't know what it means yet.

While I hope this is true, I doubt it. To me, it may just be to differentiate the bars of stats, so you don't look at the wrong number for the stats.
Also, WPM, do you have larger images of the Dialga, Palkia and Giratina? I can't see the colors well, they both look blue/gray to me. But I am colorblind, so it might just be me.

This will be really helpful, I won't need to look up the nature chart every 5 minutes.

This will certainly change the way the game is viewed by younger players and hopefully bring about a generation of younger players in competitive play.

I remember when I started playing around 6, HP was the only stat I cared about because it was the only one I could see in battle. My friends and I thought that if you had a lv 100 Charizard and a lv 100 Blastoise, they would be same except for things like type and movesets. We did not know how much impact stats like attack and defense had on the battle. So if Nintendo pointed out how much those stats affect the battle in an in game tutorial or something, little kids probably would not care a bit.

Erm... IVs are already hinted at (since Emerald, both Emerald and Platinum have a guy hinting at it in the Battle Fronteir). Also, the natures are explained in the official strategy guides. >.>

Incidentally, does anyone know what the guy who was interviewed called IVs and EVs?

burnpsy said:
Erm... IVs are already hinted at (since Emerald, both Emerald and Platinum have a guy hinting at it in the Battle Fronteir). Also, the natures are explained in the official strategy guides. >.>

Incidentally, does anyone know what the guy who was interviewed called IVs and EVs?

Doesn't the emerald guy just say that it's your pokemon's "best stat" and he'll tell you if it's "good" or "outstanding" or "flawless".

I didn't think he called them anything specific. As for the Platinum guy I have no idea.

ETRURIANSAGE said:
Doesn't the emerald guy just say that it's your pokemon's "best stat" and he'll tell you if it's "good" or "outstanding" or "flawless".

I didn't think he called them anything specific. As for the Platinum guy I have no idea.

Yes, but it doesn't look like this specifies that it's the nature's fault either.

An interesting find, WPM. This'll help me with understanding competitive battling more, as I never understood a single aspect of it.

... That is, if this is real.

This is cool and definitely a step in the right direction. I hope there is EVs/IVs though. Nature isn't that important when I can easily look up a chart.

dmaster out.

Wow this will help alot since I do not know which each nature hold as to what stat is attached to the nature. I hope they show the exact IV's as well since using an AR is required at this point. It would be much easier if they find a way to show them.:)

burnpsy said:
Yes, but it doesn't look like this specifies that it's the nature's fault either.

But if you know what it means, it tells you all the details. If your IV is "very good", you still don't know its exact value.

Back