(1) Color-Coded Stats in HGSS? [8/12]

I hope that this is right, I'm sick of looking through my Guide Book for the pros and cons of natures. :p I wish they could give you a number for the IV's they have too, maybe a download via WiFi. I also wish they had an EV countdown for every Pokemon you battle. That would help too.

Pokémaniac said:
But if you know what it means, it tells you all the details. If your IV is "very good", you still don't know its exact value.

There are calculated RANGES that the phrases are programmed to respond to.

Man I hope this is right. I like competitive play, but I suck a natures, so this could really help^_^

I hope it does something that will show all (or at least a few) of the IVs. I've memorized all the natures, yet despite that I have an AR, I haven't found any code that will let me search for IVs. (I also haven't found a perfect IV code, but I wouldn't even dare to use that anyway.)

This is certainly a step in the right direction. Like others have said, we also need a way to accurately determine IVs. Using the lvl 100 feature on wifi, uploading Pokemon to PBR, and using the action replay are the only ways we can check IVs without having to level up Pokemon. And all of these methods are too time consuming. :p

Using the Action Replay to level up Pokemon to level 100 is also time consuming. (It's not as consuming, but for one party that is holding all Lucky Eggs, and using the super EXP code, it can take 2 hours or more.)

There is always the IV battle thing, where people can EV train their Pokemon, go on Wifi in a lv 100 battle, then check the IVs there with an IV calculator. I think that is the quickest of the surefire method, but it's contingent on you having someone to go on Wifi with.

Pokémaniac said:
But if you know what it means, it tells you all the details. If your IV is "very good", you still don't know its exact value.

But if it says "flawless" then you know you're looking at a 31 iv in that stat regardless of the nature.

Back