(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaking! [9/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cinesra said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
Or from the portuguese Bruxa (witch). :D
That doesn't explain the a between the r and the i.

"Braixen may be a combination of braise (French for hot charcoal) and vixen (female fox)."
However, i still like the idea of "bruxa" being part of the name. After all, we have Paladin and a name that involves power in an organization being used on a ninja frog, so we have a Thief and Warrior so... Yeah, how would a lady fox and hot charcoal make it be able to use a magic wand? Bruxa! That's how!

Doesn't matter because you all just do not realize that Braixen is stupid, and dumb..... and it's also stupid....
jk (but i still dont like it)

So is how does Psychic affect Mega Mewtwo X? Resist? Super Effect? Normal?

Momaster12 said:
Doesn't matter because you all just do not realize that Braixen is stupid, and dumb.... and it's also stupid....
jk (but i still dont like it)

So is how does Psychic affect Mega Mewtwo X? Resist? Super Effect? Normal?

The same with Medicham = neutral. ^^' Having only Ghost, Fairy and Flying as weaknesses.

Cinesra said:
Metalizard said:
The Kanji thing just makes me think of Fire Blast
THE SHAPE OF FIRE BLAST FINALLY MAKES SENSE!

Ohhhhhhh... I always wondered why it was a five point star.

Cinesra said:
professorlight said:
The site referred to amamura's fossil as the sail fossil. Pleeeeeeease be a stegosaurus, pleeeeease.
Amaura is based on an Amargasaurus, which is a long-necked Sauropod with a spiny sail on its neck. So like a cross between an Apatosaurus and a Spinosaurus. This is not only evidenced by its name being a shortened version of AMrgsAURus, but by the fact that it's revived from a sail fossil. IIts eye crest/fin/things will probably expand into this spiny sail upon evolution. Regardless of this; there's no way a Stegosaurus would ever happen. I know we've had things like Remoraid->Octillery and Magikarp->Gyarados, but at least evolutions that different from each-other made sense (one is a handgun fish evolving into an aquatic tank, the other is based on a Japanese folktale/myth/whatever about a carp that becomes a dragon).

I know that now. Stegosaurus was just wishful thinking. Given that the inspiration was an amargasaurus and that's where the sail comes from, I think it's unlikely to become anything other than that. Mmmmaybe it can get on its hind legs and become an ouranosaurus...

no, no, ouranosaurus was a desert dinosaur... there's not a chance. Too bad, I never liked the amargasaurus and its "mohawk" spines, specially in cute little widdle amaura.

professorlight said:
Too bad, I never liked the amargasaurus and its "mohawk" spines, specially in cute little widdle amaura.
Would you like it better if I told you that there's a good chance its evolution's mowhawk will look like auroras? It's an Ice type, the name sounds similar to aurora, and its eye crests fading colorization practically screams it.

I'd like to see Tyrunt evolve into a Giganotosaurus and a Tyrannosaurus combined, especially since Tyrunt can be considered a nod towards the Nanotyrannus. As for Amaura... I'm not much of a sauropod person to know anything about anything besides Camarasaurus and Diplodocus.. Maybe Argentinasaurus.

professorlight said:
Cinesra said:
Metalizard said:
The Kanji thing just makes me think of Fire Blast
THE SHAPE OF FIRE BLAST FINALLY MAKES SENSE!

I read that it is actually big in Kanji.
0911-324-kanji-big.png

Blaine_Magmar_Fire_Blast.png

800px-Virgil_Flareon_Fire_Blast.png

Its Japanese name is Daimonji, which is some sort of festival in Kyoto with bonfires.

daimonji.jpg

Still similar and I guess it could still be both. ^^'
Kanji___Fire.jpg

Drokas said:
professorlight said:

I read that it is actually big in Kanji.

[img]
[img]

Its Japanese name is [i]Daimonji[/i], which is some sort of a festival in Kyoto with bonfires.
[img]

Still similar and I guess it could still be both. ^^'
[img]
[/quote]

It's big, and it's on fire...

[color=#1E90FF][b]Please don't quote large images. Thanks ~IA[/b][/color]

Cinesra said:
professorlight said:
Too bad, I never liked the amargasaurus and its "mohawk" spines, specially in cute little widdle amaura.
Would you like it better if I told you that there's a good chance its evolution's mowhawk will look like auroras? It's an Ice type, the name sounds similar to aurora, and its eye crests fading colorization practically screams it.

I don't know... I don't like the fact that the sail it's on it's neck and it's long. All my favorite dinosaurs have sails (spinosaurus, dilophosaurus, stegosaurus, ouranosaurus and velociraptor/deinonychus... okay, with one exception). That's the problem, I love those crests, but I bet they will fuse and go into the neck upon evolution. if it had just one or two sails in the back it would be perfect.

professorlight said:
Cinesra said:

I don't know... I don't like the fact that the sail it's on it's neck, and it's long, all my favorite dinosaurs have sails (spinosaurus, dilophosaurus, stegosaurus, ouranosaurus and velociraptor/deinonychus... okay, with one exception). That's the problem, I love those crests, but I bet they will fuse and go into the neck upon evolution. if it had just one or two sails in the back it would be perfect.
Well, there was Rebbachisaurus of Africa, which if I recall correctly had a sail running down its back, much like contemporaries Ouranosaurus and Spinosaurus... though that guy's even more obscure than Amargasaurus...

Personally, I just want to see Amaura evolve into something that actually looks like a sauropod... that face, with its huge, forward facing eyes and lack of a muzzle, just looks funny...

Cinesra said:
Amaura is based on an Amargasaurus, which is a long-necked Sauropod with a spiny sail on its neck. So like a cross between an Apatosaurus and a Spinosaurus. This is not only evidenced by its name being a shortened version of AMrgsAURus, but by the fact that it's revived from a sail fossil. IIts eye crest/fin/things will probably expand into this spiny sail upon evolution. Regardless of this; there's no way a Stegosaurus would ever happen. I know we've had things like Remoraid->Octillery and Magikarp->Gyarados, but at least evolutions that different from each-other made sense (one is a handgun fish evolving into an aquatic tank, the other is based on an East Asian folktale/myth/whatever about a carp that becomes a dragon).

The first time when i heard Amaura revived from sail fossil . I feel like What?? how it can be Sail fossil . Since nothing look like sail or sea creature . But after reading this comment i get it . :p

I hope Amaura evolution won't end up bipedal . Since gamefreak always make four legs pokemon became bipedal like ... Braixen , Pignite ,Krokorok, Carracosta , Zoroark,Marshtomp ...etc

yammark said:
I hope Amaura evolution won't end up bipedal . Since gamefreak always make four legs pokemon became bipedal like ... Braixen , Pignite ,Krokorok, Carracosta , Zoroark,Marshtomp ...etc

That'd be silly. Fairly sure they will keep the sauropod on four. Maybe if it was another herbivourus dinosaur, they could play with the idea, but a sauropod? Highly unlikely.

Baktwerel said:
yammark said:

That'd be silly. Fairly sure they will keep the sauropod on four. Maybe if it was another herbivourus dinosaur, they could play with the idea, but a sauropod? Highly unlikely.

Some Sauropods can stand on their hind legs for a limited number of time.

professorlight said:
Cinesra said:

I don't know... I don't like the fact that the sail it's on it's neck and it's long. All my favorite dinosaurs have sails (spinosaurus, dilophosaurus, stegosaurus, ouranosaurus and velociraptor/deinonychus... okay, with one exception). That's the problem, I love those crests, but I bet they will fuse and go into the neck upon evolution. if it had just one or two sails in the back it would be perfect.

Only Spino and Ourano have sails you mentioned there. Dilo has frills and Stego with plates. To be honest, i'd just be happy with them making it's evolution hella tall like Argentinosaurus or something.
argentinosaurus_huinculensis_by_paleo_king-d30tysl.jpg

I honestly don't think they can go wrong with Amaura's evolution, I will probably like it no matter what it turns out to be. But as much as I love steogs (they are my favorite dinosaur) I think the best and most obvious route for it to take would be a sauropod, we've never really had more than a few Pokemon that just show traits of one. I'd love to see this thing go into something huge but graceful looking. This would be one of those Pokemon I actually wish they'd hold off on until the games are released, I'd like to be surprised.

FloodBadge said:
professorlight said:

Only Spino and Ourano have sails you mentioned there. Dilo has frills and Stego with plates. To be honest, i'd just be happy with them making it's evolution hella tall like Argentinosaurus or something.
argentinosaurus_huinculensis_by_paleo_king-d30tysl.jpg

Here we go again... Dilophosaurus didn't had frills! spielberg made that shit up! it had bony plates, like stegosaurus, but in its head. I know some are plates and other sails, I still put them in the same category of awesome, and most likely they had the same purpose, collecting/radiating heat or mating.
I don't think they will make it just tall, tropius and meganium are sauropods already. The protuberances in amaura's head are most likely a reference to those encountered in brachiosaurus or in argentinosaurus, as in that picture. In the evolution, as I said, they will probably fuse into one and relocate in the neck, as in amargasaurus.

I just made the connection that sails on dinosaurs were likely used to regulate body temperature and cool themselves off. That's probably their angle, making Amaura ice-themed.

Well, I dunno.
I'm thinking that they'll do something like this:

Dimetrodon_1.jpg

That IS a sail on it's back.
Only they'll do two sails.
Because.....uh.....design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back