(1) Gyarados G from Platinum [1/26]

Hmmmmm.....

To me, Gyarados won't really be seen much. Dragonite can to better than him, and Dwindling Wave isn't good unless Dawn Stadium/Poke Healer+ is in use. Worst of all, it takes x2 weakness to Lightning, so certain cards such as Raichu can easily KO it.

Yeah, I would like to see some Lv.X scans too.

Nothing special. First attack is rather nice though.

But SF Gyrados is way better since it can deal 100 damage each turn with no recoil whatsoever.

Yeah, I was wondering how he does that.

Anyway, this card does seem decent for a prerelease. But they could've used a different attack name. Wriggle. Seriously? Thrash About was 10x better.

That card is awesome. Man I hope I can get some cards soon.:)

Wriggle? What kind of name for a Gyrados attack is that. Oh real intimidating, he's gonna wriggle at you! psh, lame.

Nice. Two spammy posts, one right after the other! ^_^

*warns both*

gyrados sp is semi-decent; 5/10
I simply prefer palkia g or bronzong g if I wanted to spread.

This seems like a half-decent card, and could be a dominant force in the pre-release...at least it will be reasonable to find at a PR, unlike a Shaymin and the Level X.

I look forward to the new Platinum scans.

when will we see some scans?

hopefully before saturday before te prerelease I go to

~looks like a card I need to pull at the prerelease =)

Well this card is mostly useless.
three energies for 30 spread is ok , but having to flip a coin makes it useless. (Empoleon is a better choice)
four energies for 100- is ok... but what if you have 50 damage on you?
It's just not that great of attacker.
Not to mention it's x2 weakness and high retreat cost.
Hello Binder Bait.

Why the massive Gyarados hate? ;[ I still think this is an amazing card. One of the best to pull at a PR, and I'm currently trying to come up with combos for it in Modified. I was thinking Poke+ Healer immediately, but also Spiritomb/Crobat could work, and Poketurn and Energy Gain could work for Attack costs and damage counter. I totally forgot Invention TMG will help immensely once BET comes out. I can't wait for the scans, which I think should come real soon...

dmaster out.

If your really the lucksac of the year and only get heads then play that card. AND WE WANT SCANS!

Hey guys, I'll try to get the scans up tomorrow night. I've had a completely unexpected, crazy week. On Monday I did not realize I had a film midterm the next day (in college they don't treat you like kids; you have to keep track of stuff yourself), so I spent all day studying for it. On Tuesday, I had to spend all day writing an essay on Snow White for animation class because I could not do part of it on Monday. And today, I have been studying for a test tomorrow AND doing a project involving sitting down for 3 hours and watching television for "The History of Broadcasting," which is due Friday. Tomorrow night is an extra credit silent movie screening too. I am completely, utterly wiped out. And no, I had no idea this week was going to be this crazy...

On top of ALL of that, I had to send my laptop in for repairs this week and am using my brother's laptop, which has a broken mouse pad (I didn't know it was broken!!!!). I have to use the tab key to get to any links, and navigating the web, let alone editing images, is nearly impossible. Tomorrow I hope to borrow a USB mouse from one of my friends so I can edit the scans. I actually got them in last night, but could only download a handful of them (Gmail + tab key = nearly impossible). So, I haven't seen the whole set yet.

ANYWAYS, I'm sure I'll get them up tomorrow. Stay tuned!

*goes back to studying and project*

Back