(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

This is purely speculation, but...

If it turns out that Inkay and Malimar are octopi, I’ve got a possible theory as to why Inkay’s evolution involves turning the 3DS.

This hinges on the fact that traditional octopus fishing in Asia usually involves leaving some kind of earthenware pot or container in the water, and later hauling it up to reveal an octopus inside. Maybe Inkay’s design includes a container, and to get it to evolve you have to turn it upside-down so it falls out?

Meowstick very well could be a play off the black cat associated with witches and broomsticks, explaining the psychic-associated names of it and its basic form... I think that'd be an okay addition, as there isn't a genuine black house-cat Pokémon yet.

GoldenDP said:
Is the show over, or is it still some time left?
The good bit just finished, but the show is technically still on. The preview *might* suggest something. I'm using a program that allows me to see it a few minutes earlier than online streams, probably Akiyama is about to announce it in the version you guys are watching.

Cobalty said:

If it turns out that Inkay and Malimar are octopi, I’ve got a possible theory as to why Inkay’s evolution involves turning the 3DS.

This hinges on the fact that traditional octopus fishing in Asia usually involves leaving some kind of earthenware pot or container in the water, and later hauling it up to reveal an octopus inside. Maybe Inkay’s design includes a container, and to get it to evolve you have to turn it upside-down so it falls out?

That would be a pretty cool way to go about it, I think. Though it raises the question of what type Inkay would be then.

Espeon (along with most of the Eeveelutions) are considered to be distinctly catlike. Mew and Mewtwo, while the latter is a horrific nightmare experiment, are both considered to be catlike as well. However, there are technically no confirmed Psychic cats, as the Eevees are in some weird middleground three-way tie between cats, dogs, and foxes.

Teal said:
Elite Stride said:
More importantly, why are we getting more psychic cats? Like really?
More psychic cats...?

But we already have Meowth, Skitty, Glameow and Purrloin, so more cats sounds kinda like a waste of dex space. Unless we get a cat based on:
- the Cheshire cat
- Schrödinger's cat

And not just you usual cat.

And a sphynx cat :)

@Teal
I'm referring to Espurr, assuming the info is correct. Add that to Espeon, who is certainly a psychic cat.

TL;DR of Smash:
>New Pokémon will be revealed by Masuda EVERY WEEK.
>There is 8-directional movement.

I think they also revealed the names of the player characters, but I'm not so sure about that one.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just regurgitate corocoro for most sessions of "new information".

Still cool I guess.

Jay said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they just regurgitate corocoro for most sessions of "new information".

Still cool I guess.

Yeah, they probably will be. They showed one video of one of the Pokemon in action, so the next three weeks will probably be the other three.

Elite Stride said:
@Teal
I'm referring to Espurr, assuming the info is correct.
Well duh? Espurr is supposed to evolve into Meowstick.
Add that to Espeon, who is certainly a psychic cat.
I don't think Espeon looks like a cat. More like a fennec fox.

DorianBlack said:
Cobalty said:

That would be a pretty cool way to go about it, I think. Though it raises the question of what type Inkay would be then.

Maybe Inkay could be Dark type, because it hides in a dark container? I'm imagining it looking a bit like Shellder, but with a pot instead of a shell, and tentacles instead of a tongue.

Back