(1) Meanings for Reshiram and Zekrom's Names - Clues for 'Black' and 'White?' [5/30]

Status
Not open for further replies.
These Pokemob are getting weirder and weirde evey generation since geb 3 started. With the one on the right almost looking like Charizard shouldn't they have different names? They look to much like Charizard to have the names they have so maybe they will change before the are done with gen 5.:)

Oh their names have a interesting origin.Im looking foward for the English names and what origin will they have.If they have the same names as in Japanesse then it will be OK IMO

monpyro97 said:
Oh their names have a interesting origin.Im looking foward for the English names and what origin will they have.If they have the same names as in Japanesse then it will be OK IMO

Reshiram and Zekrom are their English names.;)
Go to Pokemon.com for proof.:)

They dont SEEM english enough,they did change diaruga to dialga.....so maybe just maybe they might change it....they uber though.....a bit like robots...

There is no god, it's simply our given right to speculate. :| ばーーーーーーか!

btw WPM I saw you trolling 2channel for corocoro scans earlier this month. lulz.

TDA said:
They don't SEEM english enough,they did change diaruga to dialga...so maybe just maybe they might change it...they uber though...a bit like robots...

No they didn't, if you look at the trademark for ディアルガ (5040947), it comes up as Dialga. The only reason that it was originally "Diaruga" is because people didn't know what the official romanization was at the time, so they started using the transliteration.

I'm gonna go on a limb here as well and predict that Reshiram is going to represent Heaven while Zekrom represents Hell.

Reshiram has a variety of Angelic Qualities about it, much like how Zekrom seems somewhat demonic. I mean, they've done Land, Sea, and Sky... They've done Time, Space, and Different Dimensions... Heaven and Hell are the only way to go in my opinion. Third member (if there is INDEED another Dragon Trio) would probably present "Purgatory". :D (Mascot for Grey Version! lol)

Light Type would be AWESOME!!! Not quiet sure how it would WORK though... Super Effective against Dark and Ghost? Maybe immune to Dark and resistant to Fire and Electric (because they PROVIDE light)... Possibly also not very effective against Grass (by reason of absorbs light for photosynthesis)... Neutral to everything else... Could be VERY interesting.

I still sit on the side of not wanting or not seeing a need FOR a light type. We already have psychic which is basically the exact opposite of Dark types, thus works as an effective 'light' counter. Remember, Light (Pokemon Name) in the TCG was originally Good (Pokemon Name) until the english translations meddled it around. Good and Bad/Evil Pokemon. Not Light and Dark.

I personally love the idea of a Seraphim (Reshiram) and a Fallen Angel (Zekrom). After all, a Seraphim is an angelic being considered to belong to the highest order of the celestial hierarchy (light, ardor, and purity); while fallen angels are an angel who rebelled against God and were cast out of heaven. It just seems so.. oddly fitting. That and they meld together so nicely with the mythos of Sinnoh and Arceus' multi-mythological-theological basis. But that's just me XD

I don't get why you guys keep ranting about angel and demon, such boring subject. The way I look at it, Reshiram looks very fantastical while Zekrom is mechanical, so I go with fantasy vs technology, and I also root for the ROM and RAM theory, since Isshu is so much more advance looking than other regions.

They got land sky sea, time space antimatter, all physics stuffs, so I don't think heaven and hell.

Tensho said:
I don't get why you guys keep ranting about angel and demon, such boring subject. The way I look at it, Reshiram looks very fantastical while Zekrom is mechanical, so I go with fantasy vs technology, and I also root for the ROM and RAM theory, since Isshu is so much more advance looking than other regions.

They got land sky sea, time space antimatter, all physics stuffs, so I don't think heaven and heck.

Like it or not, heaven and hell actually IS legendary! And Zekrom is about as mechanical as Dialga OR Palkia!

It's GONNA be heaven and hell! DEAL WITH IT! Makes WAY more sense than Tech VS Organic. And Angels and Demons is over 9000 times more legendary, let alone Epic! :D It's also, in my humble opinion, the only LOGICAL direction Pokemon can go now.

The main characters are older, Ash is like 17 now, (although he still looks like a ten-year-old) and the Characters for these games have also followed suit with this. Pokemon has matured enough for this and a legendary battle between heaven and hell would be AMAZING!

Night generator tail FTW. :p Anyway the games definitely have a whole dark & light theme, but with troubles in the past with Catholics for just about every small detail in every franchise, I don't think that would happen. I also think that psychic type is much of a light type.

RE: (1) Meanings for Reshiram and Zekrom's Names - Clues for 'Black' and 'White?' [5/

hmm... Heaven and heck would be good, but the game would be brought down by religous people and get banned, or get rated M and repels are shotguns!
So, Heaven and Heck WONT be it, even though it would be cool.
But who saw time and space coming in gen 4?

RE: (1) Meanings for Reshiram and Zekrom's Names - Clues for 'Black' and 'White?' [5/

sirrileyaaron said:
hmm... Heaven and heck would be good, but the game would be brought down by religous people and get banned, or get rated M and repels are shotguns!
So, Heaven and Heck WONT be it, even though it would be cool.
But who saw time and space coming in gen 4?

Who saw earth and sea in Advanced Generation?

I know for sure I didn't.

And incorporating Heaven and Hell is by NO means cause for insta-ban! Practically EVERY culture that has ever existed has a belief in a Heaven and a Hell!

Heaven is meant to be paradise and the other is meant to be punishment.

It's already been pretty much universally agreed by those who LIKE these dragons that Zekrom looks "bad***", kinda like a punisher :D

I may be looking too much into this, but OH i'll be SOOOOO psyched if I called this one right!

yea you are right....they might cause problems....i dont know but could it be robot vs robot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back