(1) Meanings for Reshiram and Zekrom's Names - Clues for 'Black' and 'White?' [5/30]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: (1) Meanings for Reshiram and Zekrom's Names - Clues for 'Black' and 'White?' [5/

fallynleaf said:
Olympus is the abode of the gods, not an afterlife. The dead do not go to Olympus, and Olympus does not war against Hades.

WHOA! let's calm down fancypants! Flaming Ho-oh said a place where heroes and do gooders party and have a good time when they die. Well don't heroes go to Olympus when they die? In the movie that was why Hercules wanted to be a hero, so he could be reunited with his super god momma and daddy?

I just read the rules and the newbie guide and I guess I'm posting waaaaayyyyyyy too much. I should've been banned already according to the rules, so I guess I'll take a break! See you guys tomorrow!

RE: (1) Meanings for Reshiram and Zekrom's Names - Clues for 'Black' and 'White?' [5/

swimfastray said:
WHOA! let's calm down fancypants! Flaming Ho-oh said a place where heroes and do gooders party and have a good time when they die. Well don't heroes go to Olympus when they die? In the movie that was why Hercules wanted to be a hero, so he could be reunited with his super god momma and daddy?

I just read the rules and the newbie guide and I guess I'm posting waaaaayyyyyyy too much. I should've been banned already according to the rules, so I guess I'll take a break! See you guys tomorrow!

Yes, he did. But the reason was he was the son of Zeus. If hades hadn't let him Zeus would'v decreed war on hades. Also, the movie did not make entire sense because the titans should have destroyed hades as well as Zeus (because there father was a titan which they overwhelmed). So yes, most hereoes go to hades where they lead a good life (or death):D.

ok so Zekrom IS electric type after all... and Reshiram IS fire type... but i wonder what their abilitties mean... Terra voltage and turbo blaze... maybe Zekrom is going for the "aim for the horn!" aspect and reshiram is going for the... i don't know maybe an Olympic torch?

night_zekrom said:
ok so Zekrom IS electric type after all... and Reshiram IS fire type... but i wonder what their abilitties mean... Terra voltage and turbo blaze... maybe Zekrom is going for the "aim for the horn!" aspect and reshiram is going for the... i don't know maybe an Olympic torch?

LOL

You're right, Terra Voltage makes me think it can hit ground types.

Maybe Turbo Blaze hurts water foes...?

Or maybe it increases chances of burning >_>

Or it attacks first if it uses a fire attack...

I give up -.-

swimfastray said:

The places that Flaming Ho-oh was referring to are called the Elysian Islands, where the heroes go, and the Elysian Fields, where the virtuous went. Both are a part of the Greek Underworld (Hades).

Lightening and fire are both ways to release energy. In clouds, particles rub against each other, creating energy, and this is released by lightening. Rub two sticks together and the friction heats it, and the fire burns its fuel, which contains chemical energy. Also, when energy is released, its rarely just light or just heat. Light bulbs give off heat and light, when ever something becomes too hot, it releases excess energy as light. Inversely, whenever something gets too bright, it releases heat to expel the excess energy. Heat and light coexist. Also, white reflects light, and dark absorbs it.

Then maybe reshirams ability will be like a consistent aftermath for fire, electric, or other light like types while Zekrom will absorb them (like water absorb)

well looks like they are going with the yin yang idea...maybe i will get it right next time...although can someone explain to me what this yin yang think is cuz i dont get it

Its a special circular item that is a equal blend of black and white representing the balance of all things I believe (also, who supports my previous answer?)

Ying and Yang. Well that's what I think anyway. Black and White, ying and yang? Strange how colour schemes mixed up Zekrom on White reshiram on black. I'm buying White purely to get Zekrom then I'll swap it to Platinum.

PokabuLugia said:
Ying and Yang. Well that's what I think anyway. Black and White, ying and yang? Strange how colour schemes mixed up Zekrom on White reshiram on black. I'm buying White purely to get Zekrom then I'll swap it to Platinum.

You can't put a gen 5 Pokemon in a gen 4 Pokemon game. >.>

But on topic, Reshiram and Zekrom don't appeal to me at all. I try to like them, but they bore me. Oh wow, we finally have a fire and dragon-type Pokemon, and a unique electric and dragon-type... So? The yin and yang concept is pretty interesting, though. I honestly just wish they worked harder on making them look... good. =/

PokabuLugia said:

Actually, that would make perfect sense since there going with the ying yang. If you look at the ying yang symbol is is circular with and equal mix of black and white. There is also a dot of white in the black and vice versa. Therefore, the covers make more sense now that I think about it

Everyones talking bout good/light vs. evil/darkness.... i red sumwhere that your decisionz in the game influence the plot... so maybe if u make bad choices you get Zekrom but good choices you get Reshiram?

Redneck said:
LOL

You're right, Terra Voltage makes me think it can hit ground types.

Maybe Turbo Blaze hurts water foes...?

Or maybe it increases chances of burning >_>

Or it attacks first if it uses a fire attack...

I give up -.-

^
Pokebeach said:
One example will be setting up a Poison Field, which causes all Poison-type attacks to gain 30% accuracy, Sludge Bomb to have a 100% poison rate, and the effects of Toxic Spikes' poison to have an immediate effect.

perhaps 'turbo blaze' and 'tera voltage' 's strengths are related to items?

Seeing that everybody speculates that the 3rd legendary that compliments reshiram and zekrom is a 'large green cobra that highly is a Dragon/Poison type', it makes sense that these three's abilities are related to the items?

Maybe the cobra's ability has got to do with the poison field, or something related to it, or maybe there would even be a deadly set for that 3rd legendary just for this.

Water Pokémon Master said:

i dont know what the meaning for reshiram and zekroms names but i do know that reshiram is the white yang pokemon and zekrom is the black yin pokemon and reshiram might be a light tybe{D}

Taichi fire master said:
i don't know what the meaning for reshiram and zekroms names but i do know that reshiram is the white yang pokemon and zekrom is the black yin pokemon and reshiram might be a light tybe{D}

Uh... Reshiram has been confirmed to be a fire and dragon-type quite a while ago. The light-type doesn't, and probably won't ever exist. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back