(1) Member Card for Catching Darkrai Available on Wi-Fi this August [7/30]

yaminokame said:
PokeKid Brandon said:
I have a question. Can I get the darkria key then get the Rotom key or will you not be able to get the key while they are doing the darkria event?

You won't be able to get the Rotom Key until either they do another release, or you receive it from a Japanese game that got it (because only the Japanese game can share the Rotom key for some strange reason :/)

TofU said:
I don't have Wi-Fi, so could I potentially got to my local Toys "R" Us, and use their Wi-Fi to get the Member Card? (key, whatever)

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance! ^.^

You should be able to, I would think that especially Toys R Us would be compatiable :p I know that I have had troubles before at places like Starbucks / Hotels for using Wi-Fi with Pokemon, but I would think that if Toys R Us had it, it should work :)

I heard that you could still get the rotom key through mystery gift.

I kinda have a question that may result extremely stupid xD

I have the US game, but I'm from South America. Can I still get the Member Card this way, or I have to be within the US limits to get it?

Finally, I can get a Darkrai legitamitely. Also WPM, you forgot to mention that the Darkrai event involves releasing Cresselia into the wild. pokemonplatinum.com puts it like this:

First, receive the National Pokedex from Professor Rowan.
Visit the boy in Canalave City who is suffering from his nightmares.
Sail to Fullmoon Island and approach the Pokemon Cresselia. When it flees, it will leave the Lunar Wing.
Return to the boy in Canalave City and wake him up, then hop on the ferry at the nearby Harbor Inn.
A new location, New Moon island, will now be available as a ferry destination.
Darkrai is resting peacefully on the Island, waiting for you to battle and catch it!

Hmm, this is cool. This looks great if they're sending all the items that we never got before (although we could've gotten them at TRU before). I'll be sure to catch Darkrai in about a week.

dmaster out.

PokeKid Brandon said:
I heard that you could still get the rotom key through mystery gift.

That's news to me :/ I was almost certain that it was a limited time? They have never done 2 releases over Wi-Fi at the same time before, but who knows :/ Just curious, but where exactly did you see that the Rotom Key would be obtainable at the same time?

Adrialberto said:
I kinda have a question that may result extremely stupid xD

I have the US game, but I'm from South America. Can I still get the Member Card this way, or I have to be within the US limits to get it?

Yes you can, I've gotten all my events in America with a Japanese game, there should be no difference :)

Haha, starts on my B-day and ends all a couple days before my brothers. I thought they forgot about the pass for good, now I'm glad I didn't AR for one. ^.^

Uh I kind of had a little trouble downloading the Rotom key and I couldn't find anyone that could help me so can some one help me because I really don't want to miss this event.

GraveTheUndead said:
Light Venusaur said:
Pitty that it's only for the US...hopefully they'll do Australia next.

Just for the US?

North America doesn't mean just the US.

filb.de reported on this event on the 14th, and they reported (excuse the poor Google translation):

The item membership card from 3 August via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to European versions of Pokémon Platinum distributed. (Possibly also to American and Australian versions, but there are no announcements.)

So, it's still possible Australia will get the item, since the U.S. hadn't announced it at that time and got the item (though, of course, it all depends on the company and its willingness to do it).

DarkWalrus said:
Uh I kind of had a little trouble downloading the Rotom key and I couldn't find anyone that could help me so can some one help me because I really don't want to miss this event.
I want to help, but you're not being specific. You could get the Secret Key, couldn't you? Do you just have a bad wi-fi connection?

safariblade said:
how do you download it via mystery gift?

I havent done that before...

just make sure you have access to wifi, then when you start your game up, and when you see your "save file" and "new game" go to mystery gift, choose receive gift, then choose either get via wireless or get via nintendo wfc

Oh well, there's a guy in Jubilife in the television building that asks for two replies. First you tell him "everyone happy", then tell him "wifi connection". He will then tell you mystery gift is unlocked and it will be on the main menu when you start up. Good luck. Also keep in mind the event doesn't start until August 3rd.

My brother got a Darkrai this morning. He traded it to me, so I could get it's info for my PokeDex.
Then I went to the GTS and got my own Darkrai. :D

Does anyone know if Dusk Balls have their 4x catch rate effect if used on this Darkrai? I have been catching it repeatedly and haven't once successfully caught it with a dusk ball.

omahanime said:
A 6 week window to get in is nice.

We are so lucky compared to Koreans because they only get 2-3 days for their event Pokemon and sometimes only 1 day. We are so lucky to have all that extra time. 6 weeks is a very long time too.:)

Back