(1) New Sword-like Pokemon, Hitotsuki [7/4]

TheKeaton said:
Pokequaza said:
So much hate, this thing is amazing.

It's a simple concept, and cleverly made. I also like the fact that it it has just one eye, we don't have much one-eyed Pokémon.

Still more complex than Voltorb, and Voltorb is fine as well, I don't see the problem.

cleverly made?
no it's not

they took a sword and put an eye on it. There is nothing else to it than that. A regular, plain old sword and they put an eye. Right there in the middle. There's nothing clever about that. I just hope it has an amazing looking evolution.
It's not just a sword with an eye. It's a sword with an eye and a nice scabbard and a hand. It unsheathes itself. So yeah, cleverly made. I think I'd watch the new anime just to see an episode with it in it.

EDIT:
1372957456909s.jpg

Found this on another site and laughed.

Sky Pillar said:
AdamantKaiiya said:
The video does point to it having levitate (but magnezone...), I like how he holds his sheath

Edit: I'm really curious, what do you guys think would be a good design for a sword pokemon? Since there are so many people calling it plain, when the majority of the new pokemon are plain, what would make it not-plain?

http://k-hots.deviantart.com/art/Cutlash-185108834

That is one of those designs that look silly (sorry to the artist, I can't draw at all, but it does look weird). Besides, that wouldn't be steel/ghost. Isn't that a swordfish anyway?

TheKeaton said:
Pokequaza said:

It's a simple concept, and cleverly made. I also like the fact that it it has just one eye, we don't have much one-eyed Pokémon.

Still more complex than Voltorb, and Voltorb is fine as well, I don't see the problem.

cleverly made?
no it's not

they took a sword and put an eye on it. There is nothing else to it than that. A regular, plain old sword and they put an eye. Right there in the middle. There's nothing clever about that. I just hope it has an amazing looking evolution.

So, pretty much like some other pokemon based on animals and objects?

TheKeaton said:
Pokequaza said:

cleverly made?
no it's not

Someone call the a wambulance.

I am sorry but this is one of the most clever things we've seen in a while. Heck, for an inanimate object Pokemon, it took them a good darn while to make a sword. The fact that it's Steel/Ghost seems to imply a possessed sword. Perhaps Excalibur, perhaps just a regular nod to all curse swords. X/Y's theme is clearly mythology and fantasy.

It is not a "regular plain sword with an eye" hell, Golem and Monoparle? "Sword in the Stone" Pretty clever nod to me.

I mean really, it being a ghost sword fits right into X/Y, so I don't even see how you can dismiss this as not clever based on it's design.

AdamantKaiiya said:
Sky Pillar said:

That is one of those designs that look silly (sorry to the artist, I can't draw at all, but it does look weird). Besides, that wouldn't be steel/ghost. Isn't that a swordfish anyway?

You just said it had to be a sword -_-

You say that's silly and I say hitotsuki is silly so how about we let bygones be bygones and acknowledge that not everyone likes every single new pokemon created.

Now people are just arguing to argue, if you like it that's fine, don't force your opinions on others. If you don't like, that's also fine, don't force your opinion on those who do.

Seismitoad537 said:
Not liking it. It seems more like an item in your bag than a Pokémon.

but really isnt that what all pokemon are?

TokenDuelist said:
Honestly this is perhaps one of the best Inanimate Object Pokemon to exist, ever.

Definatley better than Magnimite evolutions and I have no gripe with those lovable little screwballs.

inb4 combination evolution with some other pokemon that would then wield it (or the sheath somehow becoming something that doubles as the wielder).

also...

Pokebeach front page said:
Like a sword, it can unsheathe itself in battle.
I don't like how this is worded... I think everyone is aware it's not the case, but this makes it sound like the writer thinks real swords unsheathe themselves and this pokemon simply mimics it...

> steel / ghost
> possibly levitate
> "unsheathe"

wheeeeeeeee, this is the best day ever :>

AdamantKaiiya said:
Sky Pillar said:

TheKeaton said:
cleverly made?
no it's not

So, pretty much like some other pokemon based on animals and objects?

Yeah, some of them. Same goes for litwick, even though I absolutely love the pokemon, it's design it just a candle with a face. I do like Chandelure's design though (he's one of my favorite 5th gen Pokemon)

I hope we get a shield too. Ghost/Steel w/levitate is gorgeous defensive typing.

TokenDuelist said:
TheKeaton said:
cleverly made?
no it's not

Someone call the a wambulance.

I am sorry but this is one of the most clever things we've seen in a while. Heck, for an inanimate object Pokemon, it took them a good darn while to make a sword. The fact that it's Steel/Ghost seems to imply a possessed sword. Perhaps Excalibur, perhaps just a regular nod to all curse swords. X/Y's theme is clearly mythology and fantasy.

It is not a "regular plain sword with an eye" hell, Golem and Monoparle? "Sword in the Stone" Pretty clever nod to me.

I mean really, it being a ghost sword fits right into X/Y, so I don't even see how you can dismiss this as not clever based on it's design.

If you read any of my previous posts, I said I really like the sheath and wish it couldn't come off. The actual sword part is the uncreative part- And that hand-like thing is only there to take off the sheath. I'd even like it better if they took off the hand and it kept the sheath on at all times- The sword part is just so... uncreative. Nothing special. Just a plain sword with an eye.

TheKeaton said:
If you read any of my previous posts, I said I really like the sheath and wish it couldn't come off. The actual sword part is the uncreative part- And that hand-like thing is only there to take off the sheath. I'd even like it better if they took off the hand and it kept the sheath on at all times- The sword part is just so... uncreative. Nothing special. Just a plain sword with an eye.
THIS.

I don't think the sword part should be called "uncreative". It just doesn't look like a monster anymore. It looks like a sword, and nothing else but a sword. THAT is my problem.

Sky Pillar said:
AdamantKaiiya said:

You just said it had to be a sword -_-

You say that's silly and I say hitotsuki is silly so how about we let bygones be bygones and acknowledge that not everyone likes every single new pokemon created.

Now people are just arguing to argue, if you like it that's fine, don't force your opinions on others. If you don't like, that's also fine, don't force your opinion on those who do.

I was talking about ways to make the new pokemon design look better, sorry if I didn't explain myself better.

Not arguing, sorry if it came out as that too. And no one is forcing opinions on anyone, just because we are talking and saying resons not to like it and reasons to like it, it doesn't mean we are forcing opinions :/ It's like when we did debates at school and the excuse would always be "teacher, they are forcing their opinions on me!"...
Sorry if I sound awkward or mean when I'm talking but I really don't understand all this hate on a sword and no hate whatsover on a lion with a sting on its tail.

Also if they added hands to it, would it make it look more pokemon-like? I don't like it much either, but it looks like an evil, silent pokemon to me

edit: words

This is a cool Pokemon! It means we're going to see much more complex animations in the games! =D

Ok people should know 1 thing about me, my 3 fav things in life are:
1.Anime girls... No comment
2 Pokemon-its like I cant live a day without it...so awesome...
3 SWORDS!!!

Thats right im in heaven now: the type mind blowing, the design? What is that obscure-ass pokemon? A mdfkn... Sword i love it its awesome and it has a hand...<3
What more should I say...hmmm remember in d/p bronzor looked meh but bronzong wrecked...dont be dissapointed just yet u havent seen anything yet...

BEST GEN WHOOO IM GONNA GO PARTY!

The design proved to be a real double-edged sword as it tore apart the fandom.

Sky Pillar said:
I agree with you, I don't like how recent pokemon designs have been so straight forward. That's digimon's shtick.

Speaking of which...
Bladekuwagamon.jpg

Though, actually, most digimon's design are more complex than pokémon's... Some even overly complex (which is why I stopped liking them afterwards)... I mean, when I see people complaining about Dialga (which I really like as a more complex design in Pokémon), I just wish they had saw things like this (just two that came to mind):

Dorugoramon.jpg
Ultimatechaosmon.jpg

Sky Pillar said:
My only specific issue against this new mon is (from what we've seen) there's nothing standoutish about it. Just a sword with an eye, at least gastly has gas around him, a minor detail like that is all I'd need to differentiate it from generic sword and something possessed. Think of Cofagrigus w/o it's arms. Do you know how much diss it would have?

I don't know if you noticed it but the sheath and the holes that make the lines of the sword seem like it has an angry face are THOSE minor details that differentiate it from being a generic sword and make it stand out...

Teal said:
Uhh... no. All those Pokémon look like creatures, monsters. This looks like a sword. It does not look like a monster.

No? They look like bronze mirrors, bells, sarcophagus, lamps, balloons, etc... Well, Cofagrigus and Chandelure have a monster-vibe, but that's because of their ghostly nature, which is what happens with this pokémon...

Pokémon that look like literal monsters are things like Dusclops, Abomasnow, Magmar,... stuff like that...

Metalizard said:
I don't know if you noticed it but the sheath and the holes that make the lines of the sword seem like it has an angry face are THOSE minor details that differentiate it from being a generic sword and make it stand out...

I did, and in my opinion, that's not that strong of a change between it and a sword. I see this thing the same way i see Arbok, it's generic and blunt. I'm not saying it shouldn't exist as a pokemon... I'm saying I dislike it.

If you guys google celtic dagger there are some designs that look like our new pokemon, maybe it's a dagger afterall? xD

Back