(1) New Trailer for ‘Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo’s Awakening’ [4/17]

Anyone wanna bet that this is the same Mewtwo, but having absorbed and merged with Amber's soul (hence the voice change)?

Darthrai said:
Anyone wanna bet that this is the same Mewtwo, but having absorbed and merged with Amber's soul (hence the voice change)?

Want to put money on that bet?

why would the game site put this trailer?
also what if team plasma made a clone of mewtwo not mew and made it better
and in the games you will need to take mewtwo to a lab and they will change it forme?
also what's up with sylveon using cosmic power?

I don't understand why they'd bother make a new mewtwo clone look the same. if they made a second mewtwo clone, why not make it just be the new one? Why would the new mewtwo be able to have this (pretty sweet looking) new form and the old one be just normal? (if the old one does have this form, why haven't we seen it before?) voice change freaks me out but it seems weird for it to be the old one.

By the way, I'm one of those people who's been a fan since gen one (took a hiatus between gen's 3-4, have played the games since getting back into it in gen 5) but I love this mewtwo. Looks really good. Can't wait to collect it when they make a full art version :)

Finally, the number of times the pokemon company have blown my mind is ever mounting. First a new eevelution, a new mewtwo form, a girl mewtwo form, and now this new sylveon stuff is crazy. I initially thought normal (or new type), got encouraged by some it was flying, and now it's got to be a new type (or normal, and that would be boring and disappointing). Crazy!

Just remember this Mewtwo forme could always be worse.
tumblr_mlfbbbcGMh1s5mujoo1_400.gif

Mewtwo was genderless last time I checked..

The games are not based on the movies, the movies (and series) are based on the games. Thus the new Mewtwo forme is still likely to be genderless. Also, it talks by using telepathy, so why not choose a female voice? Since telepathy is more of a Psychic power than actual sound, I imagine it could choose any voice. Since its genderless it does not really matter.

jynxed said:
[image]

Imagine Jabba instead of Jar Jar...

Pokequaza said:
Mewtwo was genderless last time I checked..

The games are not based on the movies, the movies (and series) are based on the games. Thus the new Mewtwo forme is still likely to be genderless. Also, it talkes by using telepathy, so why not choose a female voice? Since telepathy is more of a Psychic power than actual sound, I imagine it could choose any voice. Since its genderless it does not really matter.

jynxed said:
[image]

Imagine Jabba instead of Jar Jar...

It was a male voice before, why would they change it? it's not the fact that it went from male to female, it's that it sounds drastically different.

Pokequaza said:
The games are not based on the movies, the movies (and series) are based on the games. Thus the new Mewtwo forme is still likely to be genderless. Also, it talkes by using telepathy, so why not choose a female voice? Since telepathy is more of a Psychic power than actual sound, I imagine it could choose any voice. Since its genderless it does not really matter.
Genderless Pokemon didn't exist when the first movie came out. Genderless legendaries are just a game mechanic to prevent those rare Pokemon from breeding and no longer being rare. In the real Pokemon world, all Pokemon would have genders or they would die out.

Serperior said:
Setosama said:
So wait... A different Mewtwo? NOT the one from Mewtwo Strikes Back?! THERE ARE NOW MULTIPLE MEWTWO IN THE ANIME?! O.O

Pokémon is being ruined by the newer animé. I'm done. I don't understand anything anymore.

You make it sound as though that it wasn't already doing that. The anime was trash from Hoenn on. End of story.

And everyone stop crying. Your 'precious' Mewtwo isn't ruined. You think they'd create at least one Mewtwo why only have one? The more the merrier! On a side note, I've hardly seen any of Mewtwo in ages. It's done jack shit outside the anime and all you guys are complaining about in game. What the hell.

Not really diggin the female voice for Mewtwo, who many have arguably related as the masculine counterpart to the more feminine Mew (what if they made a masculine Mew? that'd take some getting used to). There being another Mewtwo at all is confusing... Didn't Mewtwo kill/erase the memories of everyone who knew about him, save for Ash and his friends? How would anyone manage to replicate such a close copy... If this does turn out to be a more feminine Mewtwo - an entirely different clone altogether - I could learn to buy that. It'd explain the Japanese voice actress, at the very least.

While I'm probably not watching the Japanese version anyway, if Mewtwo shows up in something like Smash Brothers and we have a language option, we'll hear the female-Mewtwo voice instead of the epic one he had from SSBM. >:

Eh. At least the games will be less confusing and retain the "genderless" (albeit more masculine) Mewtwo. I'm still grateful that Mewtwo's showing up at all.

KurowaSan said:
Hmm couldn't figure out what Sylveon's pink egg-thing at the end of the Pikachu short trailer may relate to. I could see a wing shape on the egg, but it may look like a bug wing also.

The shape is exactly the same as its ear. Just a bit of fluffiness. Its simply a stylized thingie like for the rest. The only thing those curvy thingies make me think is acrobatics shows and magic tricks...which is also true for Sylveon itself anway lol

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
A few things I'm thinking:
>Sylveon is probably a new type, at this point. There's an ever-dwindling chance of it being Flying or Bug, but it looks like a new type based on fairies/cosmic-like power is likely. Or maybe it's a normal/light/love type.

The chances for those were never high to begin with, with no obvious relation/implication to them whatsoever (unlike, you know,the other eeveelutions).

Serperior said:
I understand I don't own Mewtwo per se, and sure, they can do whatever they want to it, but lots of older fans like myself find strong nostalgia in the original Mewtwo, and its entity as a one-and-only Legendary Pokémon.

I still don't see where the problem is. I would understand if it was slightly redesign to be more fat or something (like how Pikachu has changed over the years), but it still looks exactly the same.

For all we know, gamefreak might as well initially wanted to "upgrade" mewtwo in a more direct way but then resorted to "just a forme" exactly for the reason of not pissing off its fans.

The forme hasn't changed my "nostalgia" about original Mewtwo (original clone lol), it merely added a fresh extra layer and woke my interest in the possibility that there might be something new to it at this point in time.

Wow.... Just wow....

I made an account just to voice my displeasure with this news.

When I first heard of this movie, I was excited. Even thought the new form was kind of cool. Heck, I wouldn't even mind there being another Mewtwo.

But WHYYYY does it have to have a chick's voice? Part of what made Mewtwo awesome was that deep menacing voice. He looked and SOUNDED like the strongest pokemon. The manly voice to sound like a villain who would catch and clone all the other pokemon, before turning good and not being seen for another 14 years. I assume they're doing it because the new Mewtwo form looks feminine. But hearing that while the thing on the screen still looks like my favorite antagonist from my childhood is just plain wrong. And if they don't cast Dan Green to voice him when they dub this film, I refuse to ever see another Pokemon film.

Also, as many people have said, there being another Mewtwo wouldn't make sense, because it was stated only one Mewtwo was created. And everyone's memories of him were erased as well. Even if someone tried cloning Mew again and genetically engineered it, it wouldn't be the same.

Aren't voice actors changed all the time? What if it's nothing more than a change in voice actor, and it's the same Mewtwo?

GreenMewtwo said:
Wow.... Just wow....

When I first heard of this movie, I was excited. Even thought the new form was kind of cool. Heck, I wouldn't even mind there being another Mewtwo.

But WHYYYY does it have to have a chick's voice? Part of what made Mewtwo awesome was that deep menacing voice. He looked and SOUNDED like the strongest pokemon. The manly voice to sound like a villain who would catch and clone all the other pokemon, before turning good and not being seen for another 14 years. I assume they're doing it because the new Mewtwo form looks feminine. But hearing that while the thing on the screen still looks like my favorite antagonist from my childhood is just plain wrong. And if they don't cast Dan Green to voice him when they dub this film, I refuse to ever see another Pokemon film.

Also, as many people have said, there being another Mewtwo wouldn't make sense, because it was stated only one Mewtwo was created. And everyone's memories of him were erased as well. Even if someone tried cloning Mew again and genetically engineered it, it wouldn't be the same.
Who's to say that it wouldn't be the same outcome if somebody tried to clone Mew again?

There are endless possibilities. Just wait until the plot is revealed or until the movie comes out to judge it. :)

I think I may know what may happen. The female Mewtwo will probably transform and then the original Mewtwo Strikes Back Mewtwo will make an appearance and they'll both team up to fight the Genesect. It makes sense.

Maybe the 2nd Mewtwo could be Team Rocket's attempt at creating another Mewtwo? This may be too much of a stretch though haha.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Pokequaza said:
The games are not based on the movies, the movies (and series) are based on the games. Thus the new Mewtwo forme is still likely to be genderless. Also, it talks by using telepathy, so why not choose a female voice? Since telepathy is more of a Psychic power than actual sound, I imagine it could choose any voice. Since its genderless it does not really matter.
Genderless Pokemon didn't exist when the first movie came out. Genderless legendaries are just a game mechanic to prevent those rare Pokemon from breeding and no longer being rare. In the real Pokemon world, all Pokemon would have genders or they would die out.
There are legendaries that have genders, yet cannot breed. Nidorina and Nidoqueen have genders as well, but they cannot breed either. Genders are not the factor that allow a Pokémon to breed or not.

Still, I imagine ''real-world'' legendary Pokémon as immortal. They are one of a kind, they do not have to breed; e.g. Dialga from the movie was the same Dialga that supposedly had created time in the beginning of the Pokémon universe.

GreenMewtwo said:
Wow.... Just wow....

>Implying things with female voices can't be manacing or powerful
Seriously, there was never any contract saying we can only have ONE Mewtwo. Do you think the scientists would seriously not have kept backups in another location, especially since the project was funded by Team Rocket? Mewtwo can erase memories, but not stores of data it doesn't know about. Accept the fact that it's probably a different one, and either roll with it, or remember that the first movie still exists for you to watch.

frezgle said:
GreenMewtwo said:
Wow.... Just wow....

>Implying things with female voices can't be manacing or powerful
Seriously, there was never any contract saying we can only have ONE Mewtwo. Do you think the scientists would seriously not have kept backups in another location, especially since the project was funded by Team Rocket? Mewtwo can erase memories, but not stores of data it doesn't know about. Accept the fact that it's probably a different one, and either roll with it, or remember that the first movie still exists for you to watch.

Now now now.... I didn't mean to sound sexist. But the new voice for Mewtwo doesn't sound menacing or powerful in my opinion. Not to say that a female voice can't, but this particular one does not.

And as for data storage.... I think most of us can remember Mewtwo blowing a LOT of Team Rocket computers in the first movie. I'm pretty sure he made sure nothing like that would happen again.

Back