(1) New Tree-like Pokemon Before Genesect Film [7/13]

InuMimi said:
I am sad to read that movie description. I was so looking forward to the film because it had so much potential. With the original Mewtwo, I was hoping for another "Lucario" quality movie. Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon and the fact that there is another one... And that its female... Ugh. You can't just go and recreate a genetically altered Mew clone like that. To me, the data needed to create the original Mewtwo was destroyed in the lab Mewtwo was born in (remember, he blew it up and took off with Giovanni.)

I feel like they aren't trying anymore... With Charizard's return, I was exteremly hopeful. It's like they were finally recognizing previous generations. Plus, with N traveling with the crew, I feel like they were trying something fresh. The movie could have had Mewtwo returning to continue his story. But nope, Ash continues to be an idiot ("What's a Mewtwo? Never seen that before") and they had to go and screw up the entire idea there being only a single Mewtwo. "Let's just have another Arceus while we're at it. Because screw logic and previous generations..."

Oh and, cool tree Pokemon.

This is why I steer away from the anime and movies - There's pretty much no effort involved in the creation of them, unlike the games and they're so boring to watch.

mijumarulover said:
Here is somebody else's drawing of it!
tumblr_mpusdl6Rb71sn2k7qo1_1280.png

That's actually my drawing of it, based on some details that were being given out by someone who was tricking others into thinking they went to see the film. I was getting details from them and sketching it, then when I posted the art they came out and said they were lying from the get-go. So really, the details in that image aren't accurate. (Unless they somehow got the details right despite the fact they were lying, which is very unlikely.)

Edit: The second image in this post was also posted in the same thread where I drew the above image, so it's possible they were influenced by the same person. (You can actually see the person's sketch behind the artist's darker sketch.) If so, then the details there aren't accurate either.

The anime + movies were like a model rocket. It began soaring up great, but eventually it quickly fell down and got lost somewhere where nobody wil lhunt for it.

Now, the devianart sketch is amazing! I think it will be those events when you interact with something a pokemon will appear. IE: You headbutt a tree and Aurotto comes out.

I do think that the movie has the potential to be top at the box office this weekend in Japan - something that a Pokemon movie hasn't been able to accomplish since The Rise of Darkrai. That in itself would be an accomplishment.

Reggie McGigas said:
The genesect movie does not seem too good. It's not really connected to the anime (Female Mewtwo), and just sounds like Genesect blows up stuff mewtwo attacks it.

Plus there isn't two mewtwos in the movies. Therefore, not all of the leakers facts are correct. If there were 3 mewtwos total, then how come we only see 2 in the movie? The movie, being a mewtwo movie is the best place to show off a new form.

About the continuity, I agree. It sucks that Ash apparently doesn't even remember what a Mewtwo is.

As for the leaker's accuracy, you can't say they were wrong until Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are released. Water Pokemon Master's source never said the other forme would be in the same movie, so you have no chance yet to say they were incorrect. Please be patient, for your sake and for our sanity.

It was not a Mewtwo movie, it was a Genesect and Mewtwo movie. Perhaps another movie will show off its possibly more Mew-like forme. If there truly is another new Mewtwo forme, it's possible that it was kept it out of the movie so that it can be used in something else bigger.

I find it so stupidly ironic that Mewtwo even wanted to make Ash and co forget everything that happened in mewtwo returns, but they persuaded him not to.....just for ash to be like "wat iz a mewtwo lel" a decade later. Makes 0 sense.

Like seriously?
When they decided to add Mewtwo to the movie, they knew everyone would expect some kind of referencing to the original.

But hey, its not like the anime department ever gave a damn about anything right?

The three sketches in the news are interesting. One with arms, one without arms. The smallest one looks like the tree foliage is its hands, as if it normally stand with its hands on top of its head when its blending in than takes them down to attack. Which is pretty awesome. Because it makes the upper branches look less like branches an more like horns.

DNA said:

Clearly its hinting at the next spin off game- Pokemon X Dragon Quest. Pikachu better get that boomerang for taking out those "Hordes".

Actually, if they're all the same species of wild Pokemon, all he would need is a whip. Boomerangs are if there's multiple groups.

We should restart the Dragon Quest thread. I should probably pick up DQ3 or 9 again. It's firing me uuuuuuuup...!!

TBH none of the ones I've seen so far have the pokemon feel to them. If i had to pick one, I'd say this one is the most "pokemon-like." I could actually see it in the anime in a forrest amongst all the other pokemon we have now.

aurotto_by_icaro382-d6d9qn1.png

I'm happy the movie confirms this is a different Mewtwo, even if the species was supposed to be unique...
I'm annoyed they make Ash act like an idiot as usual for not remembering Mewtwo...
It may be weird that this movie only features this new forme of Mewtwo but like WPM pointed out, just because the 2nd supposed form is not in this movie, it doesn't it doesn't exist and won't be in XY... Everything the source told has been proven true so I don't think that one info is wrong... It might even be part of what CoroCoro will reveal next month...

I agree there could still be another form.

So far the only Pokemon released that are linked to past gens are Sylveon and Mewtwo's new form. Eevee's dex entries talk about it's unstable DNA (ex. "Its irregularly configured DNA is affected by its surroundings. It evolves if its environment changes.") and Mewtwo was created from Mew's DNA (ex. "It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.").
There have been speculations that Pokemon XY refers to DNA, not to mention the little symbol in the logos.
4jjQW.jpg
Seems like the theme they'll be expanding on in the game.

Bogleech said:
The rough sketch is adorable, and it sounds like a COOL grass type.

We've got a palm tree (Exeggcutor) evergreen tree (Abomasnow) a pokemon with a tree on it (Torterra) and a tree-mimicking rock type (Sudowoodo) but I believe this will be the first pokemon just based on an ordinary, common deciduous tree.

With the spidery legs, I'm wondering if it might be based on a cypress.

Looks like it is either ghost or dark type due to its face in the sketches I have seen. Grass/Dark or mayber Grass/Ghost which we have not had before?

DNA said:
We should restart the Dragon Quest thread. I should probably pick up DQ3 or 9 again. It's firing me uuuuuuuup...!!

Totally off topic, but I dont care- what ever happened to them localizing DQ10 on Wii U? That alone was one of the main reasons I bought it in the first place!

Back