(1) Next English Set: HeartGold & SoulSilver [11/19]

Legends is next? Looks like the Leafeon/Metagross mini-set won't take over this time!

EDIT: Pokemon Prime? Boo... First, BTW.

This makes it look like we will get HGSS at states afterall! This is great!

Prime? Sounds better than Great IMO.

And Im happy not to spend big bucks on getting Gatr... Tins ftw =D

...well this is unfortunate. This completely breaks the pattern that Pokemon had the possibility of holding for two whole games in a row, but instead of keeping it, they're going to give us Prime cards in that Leafeon/Metagross thing...?

That's another thing. "Prime Pokemon"? I thought Lv.X was bad, I thought Great was bad, but... Prime just sounds out of place. I don't know, maybe it's my nitpicking, but I don't really like the sound of it.

Anyway, I'm really surprised by this news. Guess States is going to be interesting after all.

Prime sounds better IMO.

This looks like it will be a set with a lot of impact. All of the Prime Pokemon in the set are useful, unlike most sets with Lv.Xs (GE, MD, SV, RR for example)

Gale: The cards on the Leafeon/Metagross set had the gold/silver border HGSS cards do. I think that might be why HGSS came first.

Wow, I guess this is our next set. :O Which means the games will come sometime in March, which is pretty good. I can't wait to see English images. :]

Yeah, I hate the Prime name instead of Great Pokemon. :[

dmaster out.

Wow, "Prime" pokemon is just about the worst name for a type of card ever... Great pokemon sounded better.

:O i guess prime makes sense. the pokemon are at their prime in life lolz. Still think Great is better but who cares cant wait till the prelease

Seriously, am I going to be the first one to make an Optimus Prime joke? Transformers + Pokemon crossover much?

I really don't like either name. 'Great' sounds so flippy and cliche. And you know what a 'Great Ball' is. Not all that great. (Although in Japan it's called a Super Ball instead of Great.) I would have preferred something like Ultra Pokemon. But meh, we get what we get.

I, frankly, am happy to have another set of prereleases to judge.

I will also be the first in saying something. The first to actually say I like the name A LOT better than Great. Although when I saw the new name I thought METROID PRIME! =D Well, we'll all get used to it. ;]

Wow, looks like we will have a great pokemon debate(no pun intended). I liked the "Great" Pokemon theme better. I mean really, Pokemon Prime? Are they going to "transform and roll out" too?

DNA said:
Seriously, am I going to be the first one to make an Optimus Prime joke? Transformers + Pokemon crossover much?

Beat me to it.

Tin Feraligators sounds nice. It may not cost you $200 to build the deck after all.

I'm kinda sad level.x is all over and done, but it will be nice to waste money on the new generation. I'm glad their finally getting rid of the name trainer; I remember spending so much time contemplating on what that even means, in the sense of what the cards usually were (pokeball ≠ pokemon trainer).

The whole Great/Prime name debate thing doesn't bug me too much. Though I really think they should have just brought ex or something similar back; its sort of strange to me that these cards are literally just better with no more effort to it.

I wonder if North america is going to keep the two card legends like ho-oh and lugia

BonesPwns said:
I wonder if North america is going to keep the two card legends like ho-oh and lugia

That is an interesting question actually, I wonder that also.

In any case, Prime sounds person.

"Pokebots, ROLL OUT!"

Lolz. Idk, I CANT WAIT though. Looks like my great deck for HG/SS just hit its prime. Lol. I really like all the cards in this set, for once they did a good job. Plus, we get all those japanese promos, INCLUDING SLOWKING PRIME!! LOLZ <3!

Back