(1) Next English Set: HeartGold & SoulSilver [11/19]

BonesPwns said:
I wonder if North america is going to keep the two card legends like ho-oh and lugia

They pretty much never change anything besides text when they release cards in America. There are a few exceptions, like Misty's tears, but those are still minor changes. I can't at all see them changing a major game mechanic like that.

Wow there are sure a lot of Promos out now. It sure is not the way it used to be where there was a promo for a movie release and a few on the side. I hope I can get new cards soon as it has been nearly 6 months since I got cards last.:)

Great > Prime
Prime Feraligatr, for example sounds way weirder to say that Great Feraligatr

Should be a big set considering SS and HG are around 70 cards a piece.

Go go Optimus Prime Pokemon.. I mean Prime Pokemon. ROFL, that's so terrible ... should of left Great.

Prime. Goes with Optimus Prime. Which is awesome.

So basically anything to do with Optimus Prime is irrevocably and undeniably awesome

besides prime >>> great anyhow. sad to see Lv. X's go though.

oh well.

Can't wait for this set. :D

The concept of Pokémon prime is interesting. They seem to be normal like ordinary evolution stage Pokémon, but need that extra kick to make them amazing. Definitely looking forward to the set.

PRIME wow stupid name FTL but im glad that gatr is in the tin YAY dont have to spend like 30-40 to get one :D

yeah, I thought about that Optimus Prime thing too...

anyway, I think the word "Great" is easier to say than "Prime" but whatever...

Prime sounds OK I guess. Primape Prime would be weird though. I wish that Japan would just keep their wording for stuff. For example: H311fire sounds better than malevolant fire. Gishin sounds cooler than marcus. Here's what I would of called them:

Pimp Pokemon
Special Pokemon
JC Pokemon
Anthamon
Magic Creatures
Power Pokemon
Blast Pokemon
Charged Pokemon
Super Pokemon

Or something at leat better than prime.

Pimp is also another word that (IMO) doesn't need to be said around little kids. Heck fire changed for this reason and for the reasons Bippa said.

Anyway, Prime Feraligatr tin sounds cool. I know what I might play when this set comes out. =] Of course, if I don't get enough Jumpluff first...

On the subject of Prime, I'm OK with it. Great wasn't particularly good either, so this isn't a downgrade in name, IMO.

Yeah, I wouldn't consider Prime to be a downgrade from Great either. Can't wait to hear more information.

I have a very noobish question. Don't laugh. Seriously.

Now... What happens with the previous set and its expansions when a whole new set comes out? Will the game change significantly enough for the current expansions like Supreme Victors and Arceus to become obsolete in any way?

I ask because I just started playing and collecting, so I want to know wether or not I started with bad timing.

If Legend is removed from the title in English, what will the next group of sets be called?

Huh?

It'll just be like every set block. The video game title is the first set, and all subsequent sets are named under its logo. So if the next set is named "Legendary Beasts," its full name would be "HeartGold & SoulSilver: Legendary Beasts."

Back