(1) Next English Set's Name [8/20]

Well... it is probably one of the worst set name we've had so far. It's a less-than-spectacular set, and it has a less than spectacular name, so I personally think it fits somewhat.

i'm so far behind on cards right now. the last pack of cards i got was platinum. and the last thing i went to was the platinum prereleases. and now they are coming out with the 2nd set of cards after platinum and talking about the 3rd. stupid lack of money to spend on cards. i'll probably be getting at least one arceus card item. probably the tin.

Wow. That's original. :\

All I can say is... eww. The name could've been Advent of Arceus seing as it is in/close to Advent.

I'm gonna go kill myself. I'm not gonna buy this set unless there's something uber awesome in it (*cough* reprint of holon engine *cough*)

They are going so fast! Arceus announced beginning of august, trailers, they will have to rush the movie now, making it sound EVEN worse...heartgold soulsilver announced, they are just flying...I wonder what its for? They will prolly give us the trailer as our Christmas day treat lol.

They could not have picked a worse name.

Well I'm pretty sure they made the name simple so that they didn't ruin the whole uber arceus image in english territories (if it is considered uber).
Like if they did something like "Legendary Jewl Keepers" or something.

And doesn't it seem like they release tcg sets too fast?I could have sworn it was just a week ago Majestic Dawn came out.

I like it. Platinum: Arceus. Short, sweet, simple, and to the point. If we take out the Platinum like we have with the last two sets, it would just be "Arceus".

Too bad most of the cards people will be using are the non-Arceus cards (Hi, I'm Expert Belt!). November 4th, eh? Sweet, only 2 months of school to suffer before then. Thought it would've been in the later half of November. *shrugs* Good for me regardless.

...Platinum: PokeTool would've described the set better, and you know it. *sigh*

There's nothing bad about it, yet nothing good about it.

Great set though, way better than SV.

Must they make every title for everything Arceus related so predictable? xP Oh, well. Thankfully it's not horrible. I wonder how the logo will look?

Anyways, I'll probably try and make the Arceus set's prerelease the first one I've ever gone to (especially since they're happening around my birthday)... So that'll be fun. Glad to see I may have many opportunities to get some Arceus cards.

I LOVE the name.

And I'm totally serious. For the sets since DP (apart from DP and PT themselves), I've had a lot of trouble with associating cards with sets (especially the less important cards), mainly because all the set names are vague and similar, the symbols were similar, and a lot of junk was thrown into them to make it even more confusing. Pt: Arceus is straightforward, easy and logical, what more do you need?

Although the name doesn't do much for me, I can't wait for this set to come out. It's probably going to be the first time I play evolutions since Platinum came out.

hate the name
they could have been more original

but i am happy we are finally getting salmance x

and isnt arceus supposed to be the strongest pokemon there is
if so why are the arceus cards so weak

karimsoliman94 said:
and isnt arceus supposed to be the strongest pokemon there is
if so why are the arceus cards so weak

If they wanted to make it broken, they could have. But, one has to realize they're not trying to make the cards broken (although I wish they would have), because that'd ruin at least that aspect of the game. I suppose a little more power to the cards couldn't hurt, but it's just the path they chose to take. Now, maybe if they were going by the video games or anime's way of defining strength... Then yeah, it'd be broken as all get out. (Change type to something to lessen or totally negate the damage, for example.)

I dunno, it just seems like they were trying to make it fair, is all. *Shrugs* xD

Why is everyone hating the name?

Its far better then great encounters, secret treasures, mysterious wonders and all that junk, those names look like someone threw random words together with a dice :/

Back