(1) Next English Set's Name [8/20]

Think about the awful set names we could have gotten. Like "Rising Supreme Secret Legendary Majestic Mysterious Great Arceus," or something like that. I'm glad they kept it simple, instead of just stupid in an attempt to sound "poetic."

Xous said:
If they wanted to make it broken, they could have. But, one has to realize they're not trying to make the cards broken (although I wish they would have), because that'd ruin at least that aspect of the game. I suppose a little more power to the cards couldn't hurt, but it's just the path they chose to take. Now, maybe if they were going by the video games or anime's way of defining strength... Then yeah, it'd be broken as all get out. (Change type to something to lessen or totally negate the damage, for example.)

I dunno, it just seems like they were trying to make it fair, is all. *Shrugs* xD

yeah i see your point
but they still should have made them a bit more powerfull
there are more powerful rares than that (even commons *turtwig GL*)

*sarcasm* Ladies and gentlemen, the most original name to a card set in the TCG. *sarcasm*

Why is everybody complaining about the name!? Sure it isn't to creative, but since when has pokemon given us amazing names for a set anyway.

Anyway onto something much more important, why is Arceus coming out so early. I bet it has to do with the HGSS set. I mean would it make sense if it were the HGSS set and there were Arceus in it, I think not. They're probably trying to keep the two things seperate.

Finally something different from the two worded sets we've had for more than a year. No adjectives for once! ;o Just Arceus. I wonder if the other Tins will have Salamence/Tangrowth/Gengar, but I'm more likely to see all three Arceus Lv.X be made into Tins. Which kind of sucks that they made three different ones, but whatever. This sounds like it's going to be a huge set with all this stuff coming out and supporting it. And this also means that the Movie will almost undoubtedly be shown this year! ;o Nov/Dec is my guess. I can't believe they chugged that out so fast.

dmaster out.

Mew the source of all said:
Why is everybody complaining about the name!? Sure it isn't to creative, but since when has pokemon given us amazing names for a set anyway.

Platinum XD. Most creative name ever.

The set name sounds a lot better than PUSA's several cheesy attempts to sound poetic. Take Rising Rivals, for example. That had to be the worst name for a set that ever reached my eardrums.

But for Arceus, they kept it plain, simple, and clear. I'm with Lance & Salamence and Spoon on this.

I don't like the name. I think that naming the set around Arceus' characteristics would have been more logical. Maybe something like "Platinum: Realms of Heaven" or "Platinum: Light of Begining" would be a lot better. PUSA people are smart, they know arceus won't be played, and the set is trashy because of arceus, why just say "Arceus"? I guess I'm with PUSA on the rediculous names, but sometimes they sound kind of cool.

The set name sounds a lot better than PUSA's several cheesy attempts to sound poetic. Take Rising Rivals, for example. That had to be the worst name for a set that ever reached my eardrums.
It gets better. Have you seen the posters for Supreme Victors? The slogan goes: "Supreme Victors - Your Victory will be Supreme."

Meme-ish poster is meme-ish. I'm going to hang that up on my wall.

In regards to the set name, at least it isn't some confusing half-(er...can't say it) name made to sound cool. Arceus - simple, straightforward, and to the point. There have been names far more uncreative.

Like Platinum. Or "Diamond & Pearl".

Wow. The last Platinum set already? What comes adter the Platinum series? Sounds like a cool finish to the series though.":)

I just hope the Arceus cards get the same treatment as the Japanese cards with the awesome foil and everything. They probably won't considering that even shiny Pokemon cards are just reverse foils here in the US. :(

I bet our arceus are going to be RHs :(, I wanted to collect them. Well this is good they are releasing this set fairly quickly so I can get ready for HGSS. I see new draw engines on the horizon...

I like the title. It's simple and it tells us everything about the set.
I really hope that we get the whole oval thing with our Arceus's, as opposed to a stupid RH treatment. Although the Rotom's looked good, I'll give them that.

DNA said:
You see that thing in your sig? That's most likely it.

Oh you mean the HG/SS sets? I wonder what these sets will compile of besides the Jotho Pokemon. I hope there will be 1st and 3rd gen Pokemon as well too.:)

xxashxx said:
Oh you mean the HG/SS sets? I wonder what these sets will compile of besides the Jotho Pokemon. I hope there will be 1st and 3rd gen Pokemon as well too.:)

the first HGSS set in japan will be LEGEND: Heartgold collection and Soulsilver collection

I'm agreeing with everyone ^^, Platinum: Arceus is kinda boring and nothing special, they could have named it Era of Arceus or something poetic and cool (and confusing like Platinum: Majestic Dawn of Arceus or something like that) but why? We are still playing with cards not name of set... It's (for some people) boring and uncool but it is also short, fast and non confusing name...
I hope Hg/Ss sets will be cool although I'm not really happy with LEGEND cards... We just got Lv.X's, we just accepted them, now we're changing them for same thing? hmmmm...

I couldn't care less about the name.

@TheB- A new block doesn't mean they'll be getting rid of Lvl Xs. It's just their way of dividing up cards, like the Diamond and Pearl block to the Platinum block.

Back