(1) Next English Set's Name [8/20]

fortegoddx said:
I don't like them releasing the sets this close. Don't have enough time to get my money ready.

How much time would you like between sets?

Oh boo-hoo I'm not gonna buy this set because the name is so lame

it's gonna be the end of the Pokemon card game

Everyone sell your cards

this game is ending

Oh noes.

GraveTheUndead said:
Oh boo-hoo I'm not gonna buy this set because the name is so lame

it's gonna be the end of the Pokemon card game

Everyone sell your cards

HA! YOu wish. As long as there are nerds like EVERYONE on this site, the game will continue.

Okay, the thread says discuss the new name. WHAT IS THE NAME!? It doesnt say it anywhere in here. .

this game is ending

Oh noes.

lol @ everyone complaining about the name. You're going to see the name all of once whenever you buy a pack, why does it matter.

Zenith said:
lol @ everyone complaining about the name. You're going to see the name all of once whenever you buy a pack, why does it matter.

Silly new-gen kids.

Never even knew about how lame many of the older set names were.

So very sad.

Yeah, the old sets were even worse.
"Base Set", "Jungle", "Fossil"... even "Base Set 2".

Also, this set means that we will hear the official pronounciation of "Arceus" soon, right? Let's look forward to it~

FireMeowth said:
Yeah, the old sets were even worse.
"Base Set", "Jungle", "Fossil"... even "Base Set 2".

Also, this set means that we will hear the official pronounciation of "Arceus" soon, right? Let's look forward to it~

Actually, we heard it a while ago.

"Arsses"

...lol

Wasn't that "Ar-say-iss"?

...And since PBR pronounced it differently, I'm sceptical about whether or not it's official.

What is the eng name of the set????

All i see in this thread is people complaining over the name and it doesnt once mention the name.

Platinum: Arceus

It's on the front page, next time check please. ;P"

I did. I say that indirectly and for a name THAT PATHETIC, i completely missed it.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the name of the next japanese set? The one after AoA.

Why is everyone complaining and/or questioning why Arceus is being so rushed for revelation? Isn't it blatantly obvious? PUSA is trying to push Arceus out now and get it out of the way so that by the time Spring 2010 rolls around, they won't be backed up with Platinum crap and can focus on HeartGold and SoulSilver.

As for the name, I don't get it. What's the problem? Does the set name really have any impact at all on the value of the cards or the way the game is played? Pokémon is notorious for it's unoriginality and lack of creativity, this really shouldn't be some big shock to anyone.

I don't play the TCG, and I completely loathe Arceus, but the name sounds completely fine to me. I'll agree that it could've been better, but it also could've been worse.

Xander said:
Why is everyone complaining and/or questioning why Arceus is being so rushed for revelation? Isn't it blatantly obvious? PUSA is trying to push Arceus out now and get it out of the way so that by the time Spring 2010 rolls around, they won't be backed up with Platinum crud and can focus on HeartGold and SoulSilver.

As for the name, I don't get it. What's the problem? Does the set name really have any impact at all on the value of the cards or the way the game is played? Pokémon is notorious for it's unoriginality and lack of creativity, this really shouldn't be some big shock to anyone.

I don't play the TCG, and I completely loathe Arceus, but the name sounds completely fine to me. I'll agree that it could've been better, but it also could've been worse.

New-gen peeps are just butthurt about Pokemon going back to the way it used to be probably.

I'd actually prefer it if it DID go back to how it used to be. I remember playing Pokémon when there were no silly mechanics and none of this extra garbage that they like to throw into everything these days.

I remember battling friends and using things like Golduck against Mewtwo, and actually having the chance to win because it was based almost entirely on movesets.

*sighs* Good times, those were.. Good times. :(

The main pages is Where the news capsules come into play. There is a link to click on at the very top of the forum after you click the link to the news Capsules. Hoq qill they do Arceus? Will they make him as different types or just make him a normal type and have seperate plate cards? I think they will do the types as with any other multi type Pokemon with more than 1 type.:)

GraveTheUndead said:
Silly new-gen kids.

Never even knew about how lame many of the older set names were.

So very sad.
Wait, were you calling /me/ a new gen kid? Because if not, I see no reason to even quite my post XD

And Xander, how does one beat a Mewtwo with a Golduck in RBY even with a perfect moveset? Unless the Golduck is like thirty levels higher, RBY metagame was frickin' centralized.

Zenith said:
And Xander, how does one beat a Mewtwo with a Golduck in RBY even with a perfect moveset? Unless the Golduck is like thirty levels higher, RBY metagame was frickin' centralized.

That was the point. Back then, a lot of players relied on movesets. Poor moveset, you usually lost. Mewtwo was strong, but I remember defeating one with a Butterfree, simply because the moveset was crap. For a lot of players, there wasn't much of a metagame at all for RBY.

Maybe Golduck vs Mewtwo wasn't the best example, but it was the general idea that I was going for.

Back