(1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

Nympheon in Japanese became Sylveon in English?

Way to fail. Now I don't like it anymore. Sylveon is a rather silly name!

At least the French got Nympheon.
Oui oui.

I like Sylveon, both the English and Japanese names are pointing towards some kind of fairy/spirit and that could either mean normal or normal/flying. We've never had a pure flying type right? So it's unlikely we'll have it now.

I really want normal/flying.

DNA said:
Nympheon in Japanese became Sylveon in English?

Way to fail. Now I don't like it anymore.

About time!

So they've gone back to making up their own English names for the Eeveelutions again? At least we got two that were from the Japanese names.

Articuno144 said:
We've never had a pure flying type right?

Tornadus.

Sylveon: The worst case of skin tags ever.

You'll never look at Sylveon the same again.

I hope that it is a Flying type, just not a Normal type. I just hope CoroCoro was just toying with us with the "Could it be the same type as Eevee" thing. I really do not want a Normal type.

howelllawson said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typical_warbler
Yeah.....flying type definitely.

Many things are named after Sylvia, such as multiple plants, even an asteroid is named Sylvia. Sylveon is not a bird, so there is no relation between the 'Sylv' in Sylveon and the genus of birds called Sylvia.

I dunno, flying seems a little dumb for an eeveelution to me...

I am inclining to interpret the "spirit" part as being a ghost type! The normal attacks we've seen are probably just fillers in its moveset anyways since eevee itself is Normal type.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

It appears Pokemon will be adding a "Fairy" type to me. Perhaps "Mystic", "Magical" or called something else, but this is my hunch. Also if you look at name meanings:

"SYLVIA - Gender: Female, Origin: Latin, Meaning: Belonging To The Forest"

"Sylvan or Silvan refers to an association with the woods. Specifically, that which inhabits the wood, is made of tree materials, or comprises the forest itself."

This is purely speculation, but possibly something to do with forests. I know a lot of fairies appear in forests, and this Pokemon seems quite feminine (as fairies tend to be). If it comes to be, then past Pokemon could then get the "Fairy" type? (as Pokemon in the past like Magnemite gained the Steel-type after Generation 2 debuted the Dark and Steel-types. It would be natural for Pokemon like Clefairy and Clefable to me. For some reason I just have a hunch it won't be normal-type.

Edit: When I think about it I mostly feel this way because a normal-type Eevee would be rather boring to me.:p

To add a little speculation:
When I first saw its english name the first thing I thought of was "Sylvester" [ as a nickname].

Turns out sylvester is the english derivate of "sylvia" (woodland as mentioned before! / confirmed by wikipedia)

Why would they wait till now to release a normal type? If it was a normal evolution it would look a lot like eevee in its normal brown. Look at it this Pokemon looks in no way like anything normal to me. It's either a new type or one we already have.

Shining Raikou said:
It appears Pokemon will be adding a "Fairy" type to me. Perhaps "Mystic", "Magical" or called something else, but this is my hunch. Also if you look at name meanings:

"SYLVIA - Gender: Female, Origin: Latin, Meaning: Belonging To The Forest"

"Sylvan or Silvan refers to an association with the woods. Specifically, that which inhabits the wood, is made of tree materials, or comprises the forest itself."

This is purely speculation, but possibly something to do with forests. I know a lot of fairies appear in forests, and this Pokemon seems quite feminine (as fairies tend to be). Maybe then past Pokemon would then get the "Fairy" type? (as Pokemon in the past like Magnemite gained the Steel-type after Generation 2 debuted the Dark and Steel-types. For some reason I just have a hunch it won't be normal-type.

Edit: When I think about it I mostly feel this way because a normal-type Eevee would be rather boring to me.:p

A Fairy type could take plenty of Normal moves actually, of which there are tons.

It would definitely make changes to pokemons types including for things like Clefairy/Jigglypuff...or Lilligant/Whimsicott.. Togetic..
But which type would Celebi lose for it? Assuming it makes as much sense to everyone as it does to me lol.

But meh, I don't remotely think this is likely. Same for Light, Magic and whathaveyou type.

DasMisfits said:
Why would they wait till now to release a normal type? If it was a normal evolution it would look a lot like eevee in its normal brown. Look at it this Pokemon looks in no way like anything normal to me. It's either a new type or one we already have.

As said before, colours do not tell anything, and even if they did, most pink Pokémon are actually a Normal-type.

Why would they wait? It took them quite a long time to release the types of the starter Pokémon as well.

The name isn't bad. Sylveon as a Pokémon just looks way too cluttery and should be way simpler as an Eeveelution. None of the other Eeveelutions have more nonsense protruding from its body like ribbons or bows. Sylveon is just a mess. And the eyes. Those are awful.

Serperior said:
The name isn't bad. Sylveon as a Pokémon just looks way too cluttery and should be way simpler as an Eeveelution. None of the other Eeveelutions have more nonsense protruding from its body like ribbons or bows. Sylveon is just a mess. And the eyes. Those are awful.

It actually looks pretty normal for an eeveelution. They all have unique ears, some sort of decoration on their heads, and unique tails. Leafeon and Jolteon had stuff on their bodies, and Glaceon had ribbons (albeit a lot shorter). I agree that the eyes are weird, though.

I have no idea what type it is. I'm leaning towards normal, but I can see flying, too.

OK so idk what to think...its name suggested me at first silver although its written with y instead of I however it could be a steel type but I think I'm gonna stay with the flying type simply because those those bows and scarf like things would imply something that would be carried by the wind lol I'm not sure....
And regarding the design I think it looks quite nice I mean it has the smooth and simplistic body of all eevee evos however I think its really unique more like jolteon and vaporeon from the first gen but its different not that plain idk it looks a bit weird but that's what I like about it .

I'm gonna get a female one and name it pinkiePie

That is one horrible Pokemon. Like others have said, it doesn't look like a eeveelution at all. Really poor design.

On the topic of it's typing, it could be a flying type. It's bows could act like some sort of propeller. However, I personally think it's a normal type.

Well if we take the the German name and break it down it has nymph in it. Nymphs of course are from mythology and a were often forest or celestial which means good or holy. And the way it looks with its pinkish whiteish, blue eyes I believe it's a new type.

How do you get Nymph from Feelinara? I think you mean the French name. ;P

I cant believe everyone is overlooking the most obvious possiblilty....

Sylveon- Sylvan Learning Center.

It is the Pokemon that teaches struggling children how to succeed in class.

Ugly

Ok let's see here...so far we have:

1.) Terrible Design
2.) Terrible Name
3.) Possible worst typings (flying/normal)
4.) 7 other way cooler eeveelutions

Based on all this why would anyone bother using this thing - unless it's got some uber stats, which likely also won't happen since no legendary since Deoxys has received swift as a move (assuming that's what it is using in the pictures)

I'm really disappointed since Eevee and it's evolutions are my favorite group of Pokemon - the designers should really put WAY more thought into the design process. The more Pokemon there are the harder it is to design them and the Pokemon franchise just seems to be getting more and more money hungry by trying to pump out as many new Pokemon as they can. What's next, a walking talking table or coffee maker? Jeez...:(

Back