(1) Nintendo 3DS Drops to $170 Starting August 12th [7/28]

I want my VC games <3

I'm so glad I bought my 3DS on release day, and glad the VC games are actually big names, like Super Mario, Mario Kart, and Zelda.

In terms of the new Ambassador Program I'm happy! It's soooooo cool to get some free games. But I'm not happy about the price drop because I just got a 3DS two weeks ago! So now my dad wants to take it back. But I'm happy with the 3DS I have.
And the Pokemon I have on Pokedex 3D are some of my favorites. I don't want to have to restart! I love Nintendo and the price change is good if you didn't JUST buy one. Why me...

Bippa201 said:
So I've already connected to it, and purchased games. Does this mean that I'm an ambassador now?
Well, I don't think we'll get that distinction until August 12th, but I'd say that you're fine.

Sweet! This is what I was waiting for. No way I am spending 250$ on a game system -__-
Not when it is my own money anyway.
Has nintendo said how much these games (the ones that the current 3ds users will be getting free) will cost normally?

Awwwww yeah. I just may get this now. Then again, I want the Wii U so I'll probably save my money nonetheless.

shampoo-thief said:
Has nintendo said how much these games (the ones that the current 3ds users will be getting free) will cost normally?

I think they said we will never get them. Or at least we wont get a lot of them.

This price drop was really obvious and expected by myself and and all of my friends. Wasn't expecting it so soon however (estimated a drop in November specifically for the holiday season).

Either way I'm glad its cheaper but it isn't going to change my mind on when I'm purchasing one.

Thumbs up to Nintendo for making it seem like they listen and care for the general populace during bad economic times. At least just a little bit.

I bought mine last week. :mad:
Good for Nintendo to drop the price, but I'm still extremely upset that I didn't predict an $80 price drop. UGH!

shampoo-thief said:
Sweet! This is what I was waiting for. No way I am spending 250$ on a game system -__-
Not when it is my own money anyway.
There hasn't been any indication for prices for the NES games. The GBA games, for the time being, are exclusive to early adopters. There are currently no plans to release the GBA games to everyone else.

Actually, you guys will think I'm stupid for saying this but I would buy it now before the price drop(even though I already have it) because 10 free nes games and 10 free GBA games that include some good ones (or so I've read) is a pretty good deal in my mind but that could be just me.

Dang. My wife already bought me my birthday presents this year and my birthday is a day after the huge price drop. Hmm. Might have to see if I can drop some hints to my family...

ApachePrime said:
It works great! The picture quality is fantastic, and the speakers on the 3DS are surprisingly good. It's super easy to watch movies anywhere.

Strange that you know this, when the Netflix streaming isn't on it yet? A movie downloaded onto it =\=streaming.

DigiMatt said:
Strange that you know this, when the Netflix streaming isn't on it yet? A movie downloaded onto it =\=streaming.
What? Netflix streaming isn't on what yet? I have it. Others have it. And we've all likely tried it out. Works fine.

Asrialys said:
No, the other DS hardware won't be getting a price cut.

Do it before 11:59 p.m. EST on August 11th.

But it's likely to happen soon. On August 12th, The Nintendo 3DS will be the same price as the DSi XL, and with the DS Lite only being around $100 now, I wouldn't be surprised if the DSi and DSi XL got another price cut soon.

For those guys who already has a 3DS and has logged on to the Nintendo eShop, was there any indication or notification that you guys were part of the Ambassador's program? Because I haven't received any notification, but have logged on once.

teeboy23 said:
But it's likely to happen soon. On August 12th, The Nintendo 3DS will be the same price as the DSi XL, and with the DS Lite only being around $100 now, I wouldn't be surprised if the DSi and DSi XL got another price cut soon.
Somewhat doubtful. This is a special situation for the Nintendo 3DS.

Ho-Oh_Master said:
For those guys who already has a 3DS and has logged on to the Nintendo eShop, was there any indication or notification that you guys were part of the Ambassador's program? Because I haven't received any notification, but have logged on once.
Just be patient. Don't expect these things to be happening now.

I think That would be could be cool to have the 3DS Price Drop. My birthday is in august so I can probably get one =)

...I'm not sure whether I should consider this a happy thing or a slap in the face.

Back