(1) Nintendo DS's Successor in the Works [10/14]

Woah...That's intense, all I gotta say, we're gonna see some major tune-ups especially in the graphics department.

5th Gen in 3D anyone?

Oh man wow
Imagine it, more powerful than the DS and the PSP even.
A 3D Pokemon game would look nice in a PSP,
but the DS's succesor's graphics would be a lot closer and better
to the Gamecube's Pokemon Colosseum and XD.
I'm so exited!!

Cool 3D Pokemon games are completely confirmed. I don't see them reaching the U.S. until 2011 or even 2012 however. We'll see how long until Nintendo markets this...

dmaster out.

I could defiantly see Pokemon as an MMORPG...with an expanded universe with multiple regions...

Hopefully this new handheld will have enough computing power to pull it off.

WOW....
I sense japanese importing
if it plays ds games still.....

Interesting. Since this isn't 100 percent true, it's all a lot of speculation. But it'll be interesting how they'll tie in the technology from the chip into the new Nintendo handheld system.

Quite an amazing fact there! I would like to see what happens with the graphics, but what if the new DS ends up being the most boring thing in humanity, causing the 2012 predicament to come true!?!? Just kidding.

It's nice to see Nintendo get a graphics upgrade, they really fell behind after the Gamecube.

I really hope this is true, as it can only mean a huge leap forwards for the DS, and like previously mentioned, opens the possibility for Pokémon to become a MMORPG. Which, as you can guess, would be insanely awesome. And a lot more developers will be drawn to the DS if it's tech is improved this much, which means an even wider range of games, and far better ones at that.

It'll probably have back-wards compatibility with DS software, Like the DS had with the GBA software.

Awesome. The new system sounds pretty cool. I like the new cards too. I wonder what games the new system will have to offer.:)

Man, I can't wait to see what the next Nintendo handheld can do.
If it has backwards compatability with DS software, then it'll most likely have 2 screens (one normal and one touch, duh).

On a somewhat related note, if the 5th gen Pokemon game is set up as an MMORPG, I personally am going to refuse to play it.

I wish this was coming out sooner, my DS lite is almost dead, the screen goes white when I tilt it in most directions, If it comes to it I'll buy a lite again but I will never give into the DSi, with no compatibility with the gameboy advanced games it is a downgrade in my opinion.

I wonder will it be smaller or bigger than before and whether it would still be a clamshell, it's nice to slip the DS in my pocket without worries.

A handheld device with photo-realistic graphics? I knew it was going to happen someday, but growing up with the Game Boy line, this is still unreal to me.

I'll wait for confirmation without jumping to conclusions, but there is one thing I'd like out of it. Since DS was announced with Wi-fi compatibility, I've imagined portable wireless multiplayer anywhere you go through a mobile phone carrier. Who do you believe would best support such a venture? AT+T? Verizon?

I am really excited about the next gen handheld from Nintendo, even more so than their console. And yes, I am really really anxious to see what Generation V is going to look like with these kind of graphics capabilities.

And Usa-san, I hope it's not AT&T because they don't have any service in my area. I say Verizon because they have coverage practically everywhere.

omahanime said:
Is anyone who purchased a DSi, wishing they had waited?
With LoZ Spirit Tracks, Okamiden (And I guess HGSS) right around the corner?
I don't regret it at all, my DS was getting pretty old, and having the opportunity to play these games on my DSi will be great. Not to mention the games I have played on it before, as it came out quite a while ago. I don't see why I should've kept my brick waiting for something which would only be released in 2ish year... (and will take so many more months to reach Europe, as always)

More storage space probably means they'll be moving to the downloadable games market (Like Apple's app store and the PSP go), I just hope they don't end up making a more powerful, more graphically capable, smaller DS and instead come up with something a little more innovative. I look forward to hearing more about it.
Not too interested in Gen5, though ._.

Back