(1) OMG TO THE EXTREME: 'Pokemon Black 2' and 'White 2' Promotional Short [5/15]

All the trainers have a single pokemon out with them. Do you think you can have pokemon walk with you again like in heart/soul?

Edit: Nevermind I just looked at the new screenshots, doesn't seem like that's the case.

ChaosBlack said:
Dat animation.

1337134901147.gif

Thank you for posting that gif. *Saved*

I really hope this is a sign of future things to come in the series. I would definitely watch this over the current anime, but I don't hate it. Even though this will probably be a special, I can still dream. If the current anime were to go down this path, I wouldn't mind at all. Or, if this were to become a show running alongside the current one, that would be wonderful.

Wow. A lot of awesome news. I can't wait for B/W 2 now. Seems like it is getting better and better all the time. What is with the Meloetta though? Are they going to release her soon or will they do it when the games are launched this fall?:)

If we get a full-fledged anime of this style... I will be so happy. I will jump with joy. It would be AMAZING.

Can't believe how much effort they're going to with this. When we were speculating on "Grey" as the third version, did we expect this level of detail on the improvements on BW and its publicity?

Noooooooooooope, way better than expected. :) Also, the pokemon at the start is a Reshiram

This new Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 promotional movie seems to be more based on the current Pokemon Manga of Gen 5. Of course the Anime Adaptation hasn't followed the Manga Storyline since the end of the Indigo League back at the end of Gen 1 with Kanto which was meant to complete the storyline of Ash Ketchum/Satoshi Tajiri as the Main Protagonist of the franchise. But like how Akira Toriyama was forced to milk Dragonball for what it was worth, Pokemon fans wanted the same with Ash Ketchum and Pikachu cause they are the posterchild of the franchise.

I like the Mature feel of this new Promotional Movie which is amazingly better than the Anime Series itself. Makes me wonder why they didn't let Ash win the Sinnoh League just so we could of started with a new Main Protagonist to keep the Anime fresh and new but it just wouldn't be Pokemon without Ash and Pikachu right? Pokemon is one of those franchise's that is eternaly bound by nostalgia which has been Nintendo's schtick for a long time now. You see it in Mario, Zelda, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, and other franchises by Nintendo as well.

That was effin' sweet. I really hope they'll keep this style one way or another (adaptation of Pokémon Adventures?).

Wow. And this is what I call amazing animation. I don't mind the anime now (I actually do). If this was to be a new series or a run along series beside the original anime then I would probably laugh and then be inflamed in happiness. Just my opinion.

EDIT: N is on the top of Dragonspiral tower at the start, and everything else in this short trailer thing(?) is about BW2 so do you think this is saying that we will meet N on the top of DS tower again?

That may be the start of the movie, two years ago Plasma was blah blah blah. Then the journey begins, and ends with N reapearing.

Mother of God...

This is pretty mind-blowingly awesome. I hope that it leads to more of this style of Pokemon... Perhaps a movie? :)

The 15th was a good day to be a Pokemon fan. :)

Wow, Gamefreak is really depending on BW2 to be the best games in recent memory...

Jesus Christ... I'm lost for words. I hope they use this style in the new anime, Best Wishes 2.

Now THATS what Ive been asking for for a very long time.
They need to hire a different company and make a seperate anime, with a mature and serious approach and actually give a damn about the games instead of filling it with endless amounts of unnecessary crap along the way!
Then it would deserve to be called the Pokemon anime, unlike the current stupid approach of mockery.

The only thing bothering me in that spot is Samurotts Ice Beam.
Its still waaaaaaaay too extreme.
1- Grows a massive ice hill from nowhere
2- It explodes later,
3- creating a huge cloud that doesnt make sense.
The attacks shouldn't look like Michael Bay invented each of them.

@ Totoro, yeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuup. That was a fanking awesome video. That would be awesome

@ TacoTurtle, 90 minutes of pokemon awesomeness. o.o

i'm gonna cry, that looks a whole lot better. the animation is great, the sound is top notch, and the detail, OMG i love it. it's like i'm watching a real anime. i give it a 50/50

Omgzoinks!!..this is sooo epic!!..boy i really wish they make 'best wishes 2' anime that way, but i don't think that will happen.
It seems that this video footage was made only for the introduction of the games :( . well, i hope im false, because that'll make me very happy if theres a special based on this or something like that.
and holy cow elesa!!!! XDDD

off topic perhaps: one thing i want to know- who is the kanto and johto champion in the anime.....?..it's def.not blue/gary...and its not lance....
maybe that spot is reserved for ash...for when he realizes that he's a loser in all other leagues, he'll give a shot at indigo plateau again and might actually win. i hope they show the kanto champion in the anime...

Back