(1) Pal Park Still in HGSS [8/21]

For everyone that thought they were SO smart getting a DSi instead of a DS Lite: You just got PWNed. I'm glad they're keeping Pal Park, though. That helps loads with getting a cool team.

I'm thinking they might use the former Kanto Safari Zone space for that Pal Park, since we're already getting one in Johto now. I know that idea sounds overly-simple, but we are already getting a Copy Pasta'd Battle Frontier -_-

PokeChamp said:
For everyone that thought they were SO smart getting a DSi instead of a DS Lite: You just got PWNed. I'm glad they're keeping Pal Park, though. That helps loads with getting a cool team.

I almost made that exact mistake a few days ago >__< I was waiting for confirmation of PalPark either being or not being in HGSS to decide to get the DSi (no PalPark) or stick with my DS Lite (PalPark). I got really impatient waiting for the confirmation, so I was toying with the idea of just getting it... but decided at the last minute not to :p In retrospect, it's a good thing I didn't lol ^^

This is good. This way I won't have to import to Pearl/Platinum and then trade. I can skip a step there. *sighs in relief*

Of course, none of your DSi jabber matters to me, because I still have the old-school, original DS! :D

Good to hear that Pal Park is confirmed, though.

PokeChamp said:
I totally second this.

Wow. I never though Pal park would actually be back. Though we were speculating about it though.:)

PokeChamp said:
For everyone that thought they were SO smart getting a DSi instead of a DS Lite: You just got PWNed.
Chances are, if you have an older Pokémon game, you already have a DS, and have probably already transferred whatever you needed to transfer anyway. I doubt there are many new DSi owners who never owned a DS before yet who still have a RSE-era game.

And I find downloadable content, bigger screen and other silly gimmicks > Palpark
Pokémon's not the only game around anyway... (that'd be very boring)

And how would DSi owners be pwned? It is as if there were no Palpark for them anyway, as they won't be using it. The existance of a Palpark or not does not affect them in any way, shape or form. Think before you make a post, please. I know you probably hate the DSi for some reason, and you probably feel "SO smart", but nobody needs to have your ego pushed down their throats.

Who in the world buys a DSi because they think they're "SO smart" anyway? ._.

I'm confused about this one: differences in “types of Pokemon that appear” and “Pokemon appearance percentages.” ??

Heh, this doesn't surprise me. Of course they're gonna add most of the features Platinum had into HGSS. What I do what to know is if there will be Pokémon Contests (hopefully Wi-Fi enabled too), Poffins/Pokéblock, ability to battle random people on Wi-Fi, Underground(I really don't mind if they don't add this), Secret Bases(hepefully done in the R/S/E style but I doubt it), playability of the Game Corner(in Europe's Platinum, the slot games were not playable because Nintendo thought it had a negative impact on children wtf?), etc.

I have a feeling that the Kanto and/or the Hoenn starters will somehow be available in HGSS. Nintendo seems to be trying to help us get all the old Generation Pokémon without the need of R/S/E/FR/LG,

DemoV5 said:
I'm confused about this one: differences in “types of Pokemon that appear” and “Pokemon appearance percentages.” ??

For example, in one area, say Oddish was available in only one version and did not exist in the other. In the other game, that spot would be filled by a different Pokemon like Bellsprout or something that was only available in the other version.

Percentages would be I guess like Elekid in D/P. Elekid had a big chance of coming out in the wild in Diamond w/ FireRed in the second slot while in Pearl, it was really rare to find it. Stuff like that :)

PokeChamp said:

>__>

Who cares about the Pal Park? D/P have been out for a couple years now anyway. If I wanted to transfer, I did it back then anyway. It's going to look wayy better on a DSi, so that's going to be my system of choice obviously.

dmaster out.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
Chances are, if you have an older Pokémon game, you already have a DS, and have probably already transferred whatever you needed to transfer anyway. I doubt there are many new DSi owners who never owned a DS before yet who still have a RSE-era game.

And I find downloadable content, bigger screen and other silly gimmicks > Palpark
Pokémon's not the only game around anyway... (that'd be very boring)

And how would DSi owners be pwned? It is as if there were no Palpark for them anyway, as they won't be using it. The existance of a Palpark or not does not affect them in any way, shape or form. Think before you make a post, please. I know you probably hate the DSi for some reason, and you probably feel "SO smart", but nobody needs to have your ego pushed down their throats.

Who in the world buys a DSi because they think they're "SO smart" anyway? ._.

You're right, Heavenly Spoon. My remark was generally made in my state of DSi hatred (alas, I yearn for one, but I cannot afford it), and because of that, it actually ranged on the nonsensical side. I apologize for comment, and I will make sure not to post like that again.

I'm happy I never traded in my DS lite. For the most part, I will be using my DSi, and when the game is completed and Pal Park can be accessed, I'll use my DS lite, but only for Pal Park.

And those who are saying that the DSi users are fools, think before you post because Nintendo might release a DSiWare to coincide with the games, thus adding extra features, or something similar to the Wii's Pokemon Ranch.

Back