(1) Pal Park Still in HGSS [8/21]

The only problem with Pal Parj and the DSi is that it does not mix. most of us have a DSL so all we need to do is migrate. Some don't have D/P/Pl but want to get HG/SS only so yeah this will help with those that don't want the Sinnoh games and from this it looks like all of these are standard now. Wi-Fi,The Battle Frontier,and PalPark. I bet the underground will be back as well because it was part o D/P/PL as well. Now that that is still waiting then I can bet on that now. It will have the Sinnoh basic items for the basic Joto games. It looks as if this is all going to be part of the new age for Pokemon. This is how it will be now guys. Count on all of this as standard basic necessities for the games. They all may not be needed but the do work to a point. It might not be for every aspect of the game but unfortunatly they would not have these here if they were noy put to good use.:)

Say what?So it can't be used in conjunction with my pokemon ranch?
I never new that.. but it srsly sucks.Although everyhting else about it seems to be fine.They will probably update it to support HG/SS like they did with Platinum (or not :/).

Let me guess. The Platinum update for Ranch was never released outside of Japan because Game Freak thought, "well, let's make another Ranch game that works for all five DS games which results in people spending another $15 / £10.50 / €15 which goes right in our pockets."

I didn't buy Ranch - don't intend to, don't need it - but it still disappoints me, for those who DID buy it, that Nintendo or Game Freak have, most likely, chosen to make this decision. I mean, WiiWare is the perfect opportunity to update MPR whenever the need arises, as it did with Platinum and will do for HGSS.

I wouldn't be suprised if the time-machine from the original games would now be used as Pal Park like-thing to transfer directly from the 3rd Gen games. Would be a cool way to incorperate the time machine, to add to the remake effect.

The ultimate soul silver fan said:
Dsi's are jsut like the ds and they waste money.

...What?
FireMeowth (on another forum) said:
Anyways, I love the DSi. It's probably thousands of times better than its preceding models. It's got better graphics, bigger screens, better lights, better sound, a WAY better mic, awesome cameras, the best music player-thing ever made AND the DSi Shop.
With the only downside being no GBA-slot (which are easily played on my old DS Lite anyways), what's there not to like? :3
Yeah. I'm too lazy to write this over and over again.
And most DSi owners also have a DS or a DS Lite anyways, or know somebody that does.

And why should we need the Pal Park when just about every Pokémon are available in the 4th Gen games, and D/P/t already had a Pal Park. ._.

FireMeowth said:
And why should we need the Pal Park when just about every Pokémon are available in the 4th Gen games, and D/P/t already had a Pal Park. ._.

Well, I still use PalPark normally. True, most people just take all of their important Pokemon over and then have no use at all for PalPark anymore, but I use it so that if there is a Pokemon that I want to train, I bring it over from the game I caught it in, and then train it. The plus side is that it doesn't take that long to do to get what I want, and I only need one DS to do it. I would much rather use PalPark to get Pokemon rather than catching them in the wild in my Diamond or Platinum or in this case, HeartGold (because of the + exp gain) especially because I do not own two DS systems :p

PokeChamp said:
For everyone that thought they were SO smart getting a DSi instead of a DS Lite: You just got PWNed. I'm glad they're keeping Pal Park, though. That helps loads with getting a cool team.
Yeah they wasted their money on the DSi so no Pal Park for them. Well good thing Pal Park is in this although I might not even use it...

This isn't proof of Pal Park, it just proves connectivity.

For all we know, they could be doing the whole time machine thing. Nowhere does it actually list Pal Park.

This thread is just pure speculation at this point.

Ever heard of a little thing called common sense? Especially in relation to Pokemon? The Pal Park will return. Which is why it specifically mentions the dual slot feature. If they were to implement something new, meaning they got rid of the Pal Park so DSi users could somehow transfer their Pokemon (which the hardware does not allow) in addition to regular DS users, why would they even bother mentioning the dual slot thing and that DS and DS Lite users can only use it?

GOD GAVE US COMMON SENSE TO USE IT. COMMON SENSE IN RELATION TO POKEMON ALMOST NEVER FAILS, IF EVER. :p

...and what about the time machine possibility I mentioned? That still wouldn't allow the DSi. My point is, it's not confirmed yet. :p

burnpsy said:
...and what about the time machine possibility I mentioned? That still wouldn't allow the DSi. My point is, it's not confirmed yet. :p

I think one hint they gave us was the namechange for the Bug Catching Contest balls. :p I think that would suggest that a Pal Park would have the Park Balls like they did in D/P/Pt and then the new ones for the Bug Catching Contest :p Especially now that we know they are borrowing places from D/P/Pt, it really does hint at the Pal Park's return :p

yaminokame said:
I think one hint they gave us was the namechange for the Bug Catching Contest balls. :p I think that would suggest that a Pal Park would have the Park Balls like they did in D/P/Pt and then the new ones for the Bug Catching Contest :p Especially now that we know they are borrowing places from D/P/Pt, it really does hint at the Pal Park's return :p

Actually, there would be no issue.

Parkball and Park Ball isn't the same thing. xD

burnpsy said:
Actually, there would be no issue.

Parkball and Park Ball isn't the same thing. xD

So then why didn't they do that? XD Instead they went ahead and made a brand new ball :p

Its quite good that we have Pal Park coming into play but there is really no point in it because most of us have DP/Pt and have packed them full with our pokemon from the Fire Red, Leaf Green etc.

Cipher said:
Let me guess. The Platinum update for Ranch was never released outside of Japan because Game Freak thought, "well, let's make another Ranch game that works for all five DS games which results in people spending another $15 / £10.50 / €15 which goes right in our pockets."

I didn't buy Ranch - don't intend to, don't need it - but it still disappoints me, for those who DID buy it, that Nintendo or Game Freak have, most likely, chosen to make this decision. I mean, WiiWare is the perfect opportunity to update MPR whenever the need arises, as it did with Platinum and will do for HGSS.

I agree. Not releasing the Platinum patch and now probably the HG/SS one, makes me really mad at them. And everyone thought it was eventually going to come out too. x_x

dmaster out.

Hacher3 said:
I wouldn't be suprised if the time-machine from the original games would now be used as Pal Park like-thing

Wow.. thanks for ruining the game for me.It had a time machine :(

It's going to be interesting how they'll tie in the Pal Park. Maybe it could be where the old Safari Zone was (in Fuschia).

yaminokame said:
So then why didn't they do that? XD Instead they went ahead and made a brand new ball :p

Well, the explanation lies in the fact that they used Platinum's engine.

They probably wanted to change Parkball to Park Ball, but then it would show up as Pal Park's Park Balls when connecting to DPPt. Then, if put into Battle Revolution, it would probably show up as a hack, because that's not possible.

I hope NINTENDO releases something exclusive for the DSi users.

Back