(1) "Parodied by Pokemon" Quiz [10/5]

I didnt even vote because I had no idea.

The quiz this time is going to be lost I see because there was a Pokémon reference in Heroes.
I voted for Malcolm in the middle because Ive almost seen all episodes but cant remember a Pokémon reference.

I was wrong i never read the manga so i did not know.

The new one is definitely not heroes as they call Hiro Pikachu in it.

Milk chan i never knew before never seen before and i think in the rest are to comedy to not parody on pokémon.

I don't know the answer to this quiz but I know which ones it's not. I so just want to post what I know because I've watched nearly all of those shows. It's so frustrating. By the way, did anyone watch the 4th season of Heroes?

Man... Another quiz that was just...

Actually, I liked this quiz. Enough so that I actually didn't make fun of it. I like this new one, too.

Squid Rooster said:
If you had said the Titanic paordy was in "Lights, Camerupt, Action!"--where a Natu and Xatu appear as lovers on a spaceship torn by an ice asteroid--I would've understood. But to say the SS Anne's sinking is a Titanic parody is like saying any ship's sinking is a parody of Titanic.

Yeah, that's where I thought the Titanic parody was. I didn't really even consider the SS Anne all that much.

When we made the quiz a few weeks ago, we had that episode in mind, but since I have never seen it, I forgot about it when I posted the story. Added it in now. Gracias.

Frankenstein and Castle of Cagliostro are a bit of a stretch, too. You have to eliminate key elements of Frankenstein for it to fit, and Zenigata is hardly the prototype for that character role or look. I know, I know, it's your quiz and you can do what you want, but it's been a long time since answer choices weren't debatable.
Frankenstein is hardly a stretch. The premise of Mewtwo is nearly identical to the premise of Frankenstein, as explained in the post. Even people who reviewed the movie when it came out in America called it a Frankenstein ripoff.

Castle of Cagliostro I'll agree is a bit of a stretch since you have to think of all the characters, but there were so many other obvious incorrect answers. And sorry, but Looker is definitely inspired by Zenigata, seeing as how they have a similar uniform, the same shaped face, work for the same organization, are both after the bad guys, etc. Lupin was pretty popular in Japan when the Gamefreak guys were growing up too.

An observation on the last poll regarding Tarzan

Somethin else that I thought was worth mentioning, I know the last poll said that pokemon parodied Tarzan in the episode "the Kangaskan kid", but other than Tarzan, another movie that they may have parodied the episode off of is a movie called the Emerald Forest. In that movie, a couple had a child whose name was Tommy who they lost in the amazon rainforest and found out years later that he was still alive, living among the amazon tribesman, but had no past recollection of his parents and was renamed Toma as well by the tribesman.

Just thought it was something worth mentioning :) I thought it probably WASNT a coincidence, especially since the episode is similar to the movie and both the Emerald Forest and the episode of Pokemon share such distinct names (Tommy/Toma).

In that movie the kid is kidnapped by the indigenous people though. :p Kangaskhan didn't take Tommy.

Water Pokémon Master said:
In that movie the kid is kidnapped by the indigenous people though. :p Kangaskhan didn't take Tommy.

Yeah I know, but still the story is similar, especially the names.

Has anyone compared Groudon from Wish Maker with the Forest Spirit. Just another observation...

^Yeah I thought so too. Anyway, for the new quiz, I know for a fact that Simpsons, Robot Chicken, and apparently heroes have made spoofs of pokemon, and so I'm kinda stuck with the other 4. I'm actually gonna guess Family Guy because I've seen almost all episodes and can't find any pokemon joke actually in the show.

Hey WPM, in regards to the whole Inspector Zenigata inspiring Looker thing.. Why didn't you simply go with Lupin III because it was a character from that series? Did you decide to use Castle of Cagliostro simply to throw people off?

That last one was difficult. I just guessed at what I thought was right. At least I know that we're probably going to get this next one wrong. Heroes is not the right answer guys. :F

dmaster out.

I would like to point out that the S.S. Anne episodes are not a parody of Titanic but of The Poseidon Adventure.

I'm not sure if this is aloud, but..... I know it's not The Simpsons. In an episode where they visit Japan, the see a show called "Seizure Robots" and they all get seizures, a parody to...... well, you should know.

Snowleoperd said:
Yeah I know, but still the story is similar, especially the names.

Also, Tarzan's parents didn't come back looking for him. All I'm saying is that the episode seems to be parodying (?) both Tarzan and Emerald Forest, it's taken some ideas from both.

Back