(1) PokeBeach on Facebook [8/16]

So you're all afraid of being disliked, afraid your high an' mighty reputations will be soiled? I call that insecurity. ;p Go find yourselves some real security, not pathetic image blankets. We all know what age group uses blankets. *points to WPM's post*

Ugh, I at least want to see the page, but I can't unless I join... Which I won't, because I'll never use it.

Togeshroob said:
So you're all afraid of being disliked, afraid your high an' mighty reputations will be soiled? I call that insecurity. ;p Go find yourselves some real security, not pathetic image blankets. We all know what age group uses blankets. *points to WPM's post*

Ugh, I at least want to see the page, but I can't unless I join... Which I won't, because I'll never use it.

Sorry for being so wittle and non-understanding...

I just don't want to come home with two black eyes.
Blackeyes.png

Bubba235 said:
Sorry for being so wittle and non-understanding...

I just don't want to come home with two black eyes.
Blackeyes.png
For me, it's I don't want to be sued for making our local hospital rich.

Togeshroob said:

I inderstand what you think, but you have to understand. As much as I love pokemon, and am dedicated to pokebeach; Real Life > Hobbies, and being consitered a nerd, or reject can hurt a person socially and academically. It's kind of dumb that people sterotype pokemon players as nerds. We're the opposite IMO Just look at pandamore. This is a great oppurtunity to attract new members, but we have to remember that some of us actually have a life off-pokebeach.

So a Photobucket account with Pokemon ranch photos doesn't count?
If not there is the story I wrote that will get me permanently banded from here....
Anyone want to see that?

I think I will sticj tp twittering through the PM system here because it is simple for me to use. Good idea but not for me though.:)

Wow, in all seriousness, I think you guys need to re-evaluate your definition of "friend." I can see people not being friends over serious issues like drug addictions or alcoholism, but not for being a fan of Pokemon. -_-
This works two ways. One: The person is afraid to admit they like Pokemon. Two: The 'friends' will shun the person because they like Pokemon if they find out. Technically, both parties would be somewhat at fault because of that. Friendship is reciprocal.
Aren't Facebook accounts filled with semi-friends and acquaintances anyway? It's the numbers which count, not the amount of friendship.
So yeah, you people are all hollow shells, you fail babies.
QFT.

So.. you made a facebook group?So is this the first time you have use facebook WPM?Or did you ust decide to connect PB to it.. becuase I know I sure don't use FaceBook akthough I've known of it for years.
Well now I have the urge to join.Thanks for addicting me to another pice of junk WPM.. althouhg I wont realise it!
P.s. I am not useing my real e-mail so that my real life friends dont track me down to a pokemon fan group.. I hope you understand.

LOL, Im not a baby if I don't wanna show I like pokemon :p. I just don't want my friends or my class peers to find out I like pokemon. I am pretty popular, I don't want to lose it. I do like pokemon and all but friends come first in the scheme of things. So I wanna be the person that everyone thought was cool not the person who likes pokemon.

I know everyones gona start attacking me about this but you know, life isn't always an easy road >.>

A_Kun96 said:
So.. you made a facebook group?So is this the first time you have use facebook WPM?Or did you ust decide to connect PokeBeach to it.. becuase I know I sure don't use FaceBook akthough I've known of it for years.
Well now I have the urge to join.Thanks for addicting me to another pice of junk WPM.. althouhg I wont realise it!
P.s. I am not useing my real e-mail so that my real life friends don't track me down to a pokemon fan group.. I hope you understand.
It's not really a group, but just a thing on Facebook which you can become a "fan" of. Nothing much you can do really; this is more or less Twitter for WPM.

kashmaster said:
LOL, Im not a baby if I don't wanna show I like pokemon :p. I just don't want my friends or my class peers to find out I like pokemon. I am pretty popular, I don't want to lose it. I do like pokemon and all but friends come first in the scheme of things. So I wanna be the person that everyone thought was cool not the person who likes pokemon.

I know everyones gona start attacking me about this but you know, life isn't always an easy road >.>

dude why do do you care what other people think of you if they judge you because you like pokemon are they really your freinds

^ Urm thats when you believe I would say no but they are. I just don't want to be taunted about it. I will still have them as friends but as we all do we take the micky out of each others abnormalities :p. So yh I just don't want to be branded the pokemon boy. I will still have the friends but thats just another name on their list to make fun out of me.

I don't like facebook, so this info doesn't matter to me, but it might bring more people to the website who didn't already know about it before, so good choice WPM.

Guys...

If you don't like it, don't join the group...

It's really that simple. This doesn't hurt the website at all. In fact, it benefits it. People in the group might use the "suggest to friends" option and attract more potential members for PokéBeach.

If you're afraid to show who you really are to your friends, fine. But it's Facebook. They're not going to defriend you because you like Pokemon. If your real life friends ignore you or treat you differently, they're not friends. So if you really value your social standing above all else, don't join. No one's forcing you.

Anywho, on-topic, good idea, WPM. I was wondering when this would happen.

does anyone knows where can i find the answer for the previous blaine quiz..i couldnt find the article regarding it

kashmaster said:

Welcome to my club.
Although I'm not really popular.. (I don't even want to be.. my school is full of "gangsta'" wannabies) I could never tell anoyone I like pokemon
Well okay.. we used to sneak into the buildings during lunch time to use the internet to play a game called pokemonindigo.. but we pretty much play ANYTHING we can.
It's not like I'm gonna start talking about "Pikachu and Arceus" In business studies am I?Like srsly WTF?Guys leave us alone for keeping some parts of our life private.

The thing is, without everybody knowing my love of pokemon, I'm already deemed a nerd at the school, and really small for my age, and some sons of beotches actually already freaking make fun of me for their entertainment. So if everybody found out I loved pokemon so much and went to tournaments etc, I'd be like in the top 10 most miserable kids at school. Obviously, I'm just avoiding trouble. I'm not popular and afraid of losing my rep. I just don't want to be the school punching bag(emotionally, of course, but possibly physically). Again, middle school's tough. Even my own friends are often mean to me about it and laugh. which makes me sorta not like certain friends anymore, but hey, we still get along sopmetimes, have similar interests, and they're my friends' friends so I just deal with it.

Ever thought of going solo? In high school my primary motive was to do what I wanted without worrying about everyone else; I really didn't even care about having friends as long as I was happy. It wasn't really a conscious decision, but in reflecting on high school that's how it was. I always advertised that I liked Pokemon - when I was running for Senior class secretary I even got up in front of half the school (2000 kids and teachers) talking about Pokemon. And you know what? People respected me for being who I was. Of course there was the occasional person who would make fun of me liking Pokemon, but it was never, ever anything serious - it was mostly just joking around. People knew I didn't want friends too - I heard this cliche'd line all the time from my classmates: "I know you don't care about having friends but don't you think I'm yours?" I guess playing like I didn't care got more people to like me. I remember one time there was even this girl who came up to me and said she wished she could be herself like me. That was a real compliment.

I don't know how your guys' schools are, but anyone who criticizes you for liking Pokemon has got to be extremely immature and possibly even insecure. I wouldn't even worry about them. If kids see you doing what you want and having a good time, how can they possibly attack you? It's not like Pokemon is smoking or drinking. -_- Heck, there were seniors in high school that would be playing D/P in the hallways. I can't imagine someone walking up to them and saying "LOL YOU LIKE POKEMANZ LOL." I mean, wouldn't they come across as complete idiots if they were to do that? If kids are really doing that in your schools, they aren't even worth your attention.

Back