(1) Pokemon’s Twitter Asks About Eevee’s Evolutions… Possible Hint? [1/6]

Also, as far as a pokemon based on one animal (eevee, a fox) evolving into a pokemon of an entirely different species, I know this is also definitely possible as well. For example: remoraid (fish) into octillery (octopus), eggsecute (eegs) into exeggutor (some pineapple tree thing), clamperl (clam) into eel pokemon, and lets not forget feebas and magikarp.. xD
I'd also like to add that I don't really find anything very reptilian about reshiram being that its so furry/feathery, and even the hydreigon line has some fur on them. I still think they could pull off a dragon eeveelution with fur.

I know it's not really furry, but let's not forget Flygon. Weird crab to a giant dragonfly-ish thing. No I think the dragon type in Pokemon can mean a lot of things. It can mean actual dragons (Salamence, Druddigon, Dragonite, Hydreigon), Reptilian like (Haxorus, Garchomp), but recently a lot of legendaries are given the dragon type as a dual type with whatever element they are associated with. Palkia, Dialga, Giritina, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Keyrum all are semi dragon type. Those are all of the mascots of the main series non remake games of the last two generations. Based off of this, I think Pokemon with the dragon type are usually powerful, and are almost mythological. How all of that translates to an Eeveelution I have no idea but don't count on a dragon type.

Yeah, like I said, I'm not counting on a dragon, at least not just yet. I kinda like the idea of it being one of the last ones to be revealed, if GF eventually plans on creating an eevee for every single type.

I remembered flygon as well, but I decided against listing it because its based on a dragonfly which still kinda goes with the whole dragon thing. It also has more of a bug appearance, and I was looking for dragons that would lean towards more of a mammal. Still, it does prove that not all dragons have to look like a dragon or reptile. :p

But, regardless, I will be happy with ANY new eeveelution, just as I will be happy if the announcement on the 8th is either RS remakes or 6th gen. I'm leaning more toward the announcement being 6th gen though now, seeing as more and more things are pointing towards it, and now theres this whole new eevee theory thing. Just yesterday I was for RS remakes.
But, who knows, GameFreak can still surprise us. :)

RareCandyTCG said:
Hey everyone, I was just looking at the revealed Shiny Collection scans. It appears that the two Eevelutions will be in that set. The two types there are gaps for in the checklist are Bug and Ghost. Not ruling out other types completely, but if this is the case those will be the the types. I personally would've liked a Dragon Eeveelution, but that's what I found...

I din't think of that. It may be any Unova Bug/Grass for the first one and the other may be any Psychic/Ghost/Poison pokemon after Gardevoir. It would be odd to release unannounced Pokemon in the TCG. It would be interesting too.

Flygon2071 said:
RareCandyTCG said:
Hey everyone, I was just looking at the revealed Shiny Collection scans. It appears that the two Eevelutions will be in that set. The two types there are gaps for in the checklist are Bug and Ghost. Not ruling out other types completely, but if this is the case those will be the the types. I personally would've liked a Dragon Eeveelution, but that's what I found...

I din't think of that. It may be any Unova Bug/Grass for the first one and the other may be any Psychic/Ghost/Poison pokemon after Gardevoir. It would be odd to release unannounced Pokemon in the TCG. It would be interesting too.
It's funny I used to be huge on Pokemon but school has cut down on my time. I always get excited when new games come out and had been catching up on my pokebeach when it came to me. Someone also said that all Eevelutions are based on special types. I think both Ghost and Bug are special, maybe not bug though.

For the Flygon part:

Flygon is based on an antlion which is an insect that makes traps to trap ants. Trapinch resembles the larva of the antlion. Then it becomes like a dragon-fly (hence the name of Flygon). The adult antlion seems to me more like Vibrava than Flygon. No idea why it is a Dragon (it is in the Bug egg group and everything but no Bug type).

I remember prior to BW, bulbapedia mentioned that the eevees had a theme goin on.
The last one remaining is Dragon as part of the theme.

Which also matches the logo of the eevee movie.

Ontop of this possibly being an eeveelution:

Virgil's goal seems to legitimately be evolving all the eevees he owns into one he doesn't have.

He has one eevee left. Aswell as all the other eevees.

Flygon2071 said:
For the Flygon part:

Flygon is based on an antlion which is an insect that makes traps to trap ants. Trapinch resembles the larva of the antlion. Then it becomes like a dragon-fly (hence the name of Flygon). The adult antlion seems to me more like Vibrava than Flygon. No idea why it is a Dragon (it is in the Bug egg group and everything but no Bug type).

Huh. That's really interesting. Should done a little more research on that one. Yeah I mean most Dragon types, legendary or not, are considerably stronger across the board, but also keep in mind they also rely on attacks of other types. Even Dragonair learns Thunder Wave and Aqua Tail and can learn Thunderpunch or Firepunch from the move tutor. This why it is hard for me to imagine a dragon type Eeveelution. There are 5 special Dragon moves (7 including Roar of Time and Spacial Rend), which is probably enough considering most Eeveelutions learn lots of normal type moves along with their respective type. At the same time, dragon types are stronger, and most Eevelutions are around the same level as each other in terms of the video game.

Dragon Master Ryuuji said:
I remember prior to BW, bulbapedia mentioned that the eevees had a theme goin on.
The last one remaining is Dragon as part of the theme.

Which also matches the logo of the eevee movie.

Ontop of this possibly being an eeveelution:

Virgil's goal seems to legitimately be evolving all the eevees he owns into one he doesn't have.

He has one eevee left. Aswell as all the other eevees.

Your one type theory is interesting and definitely coincides with the logo. However, from what I've read about Virgil, it seems as if Eevee is his Ash's Pikachu. It's possible but it won't happen soon that his Eevee evolves.

jynxed said:
signofzeta said:
Ground type Quakeon

Ghost type Doomeon

Steel type Wolfensteineon

Fighting type Rageon

Can't tell if jokes or...

I thinik they're all supposed to be the names of video games. "Wolfensteineon" kind of gives it away, the others sound quite normal, actually.

Bolt the Cat said:
jynxed said:

I thinik they're all supposed to be the names of video games. "Wolfensteineon" kind of gives it away, the others sound quite normal, actually.

Oh, ha. Of course. I'm an idiot. I've heard worse serious guesses, though, so I wouldn't have been surprised.

Bolt the Cat said:
jynxed said:

They're not just any games. They all have one thing in common.

signofzeta said:
Bolt the Cat said:

They're all made by my favorite game company, id software! =D

Xous said:
signofzeta said:

They're all made by my favorite game company, id software! =D

Oh oh oh

Callofdoodieon.

Or how about eeveelutions about everybody's "call to nature".

Wizeon and Doodeon

Oh how about Movieon, and Teeveon

I am so hyper right now. Oh oh, Hypereon.

Oh oh oh oh opa Gangnamstyleon.

You know I've been thinking what if Game Freak just decided to give us all 10 Eeveelutions for the other remaining types in Generation 6, I think the fandom would just blowup over this. Either way I hope we atleast get anywhere from 3-5 Eeveelutions personally these in the order of my preference

1.Dragon
2.Poison
3.Steel
4.Ghost
5.Flying

I think if they do somehow make a Normal Type Eeveelution the method of obtaining it should be the most challenging of all, due to the fact that Eevee's DNA is all over the place so it would have to be an extremely specific evolution.

They could do both ghost and steel type eeveelutions with the theme of dying, or death.

If you have a fainted eevee in your party, and it's level is at a certain point, it could evolve into the ghost type or the steel type depending on where you are.

If you are in the graveyard, and you own some magical item, you can use it to revive eevee and evolve it into the ghost type.

If you are in the factory, you can use cybernetics to evolve the "dead" eevee into the steel type.

signofzeta said:
They could do both ghost and steel type eeveelutions with the theme of dying, or death.

If you have a fainted eevee in your party, and it's level is at a certain point, it could evolve into the ghost type or the steel type depending on where you are.

If you are in the graveyard, and you own some magical item, you can use it to revive eevee and evolve it into the ghost type.

If you are in the factory, you can use cybernetics to evolve the "dead" eevee into the steel type.

I've seen a lot of weird speculation, but that has to be the most out-of-the-box thing I've heard so far. I couldn't have imagined that.

new eeveelutions woud be awesome... even if its just one... I hope for a ghost type eeveelutions... Ice and Ghost are my two favorite types...

Back