(1) 'Pokemon Black 2' Appears on 2ch [6/20]

i wouldn't mind free shiny pokemon, maybe i can finally get my shiny voltorb I've always wanted. oh shiny voltorb you will be mine.

Serebii has also confirmed you don't get a shiny gible in Pokemon white.
Instead it's a shiny dratini with exp.share..

It seems GameFreak has a fetish for shiny dragons... :p
What next? Shiny event Deino?
But I sure hope the thing that makes shinies more common really requires all the pokemon to be seen, even event legendaries, otherwise it would be too easy to get. It should be something that not very many people (excluding hackers) could get. That would mean that I wouldn't probaply get it, but hey, an extra challenge with shinies is okay for me :D

dark vaporeon said:
i wouldn't mind free shiny pokemon, maybe i can finally get my shiny voltorb I've always wanted. oh shiny voltorb you will be mine.

Did you miss the fourtgh generation?
Ive caught a dozen shiny Voltorb back then.
They were even awfully easy to chain as a swarm AND drawn to Static...
I was like practicing on them for the real stuff lol.

Setosama said:
Question... Does the DNA Link only work with the Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom you catch in the game?

Like for example, could you trade up a Reshiram to Black 2 and use the DNA Link to get a White Kyurem? Or trade another Kyurem and do the DNA Link with the other Dragon, ect?

You use DNA Link Pin.
1.Have to choose a Kyurem on your team
2.Have to choose a Reshiram/Zekrom on your team
then the Reshiram/Zekrom vanishes from your party and Kyurem turns White/Black. The DNA Link Pin technically changes to a different DNA Link Pin which can only be used on Black/White Kyurems, turning it into normal Kyurem and adding the dragon it took from your team when merging.

Where or how you got your Kyurems/dragons is irrelevant.
You have one DNA Link Pin that can merge one pair at a time.

So yes, they obviously even made it so you get the opposite forme by trading over your dragon from BW1 which is the one you dont get in BW2. Hence the "if you have black, get black 2..."

Also the attacks were confusing as hell (especially with serebii explaining it the wrongly), but I figured it out:
Reshirams/Zekroms data does not affect Kyurem in any way (IV,EV,nature,moves...).
Kyurems moveset only changes if you have the right moves.
Scary Face->Fusion Flare/Fusion Bolt
Glaciate->Ice Burn/Shock Freeze
in other words, if Kyurem doesnt have Scary Face or Glaciate, its moveset stays the same as forme.

TheDeitySlayer said:
But I sure hope the thing that makes shinies more common really requires all the pokemon to be seen, even event legendaries, otherwise it would be too easy to get. It should be something that not very many people (excluding hackers) could get. That would mean that I wouldn't probaply get it, but hey, an extra challenge with shinies is okay for me :D

Guess what this years chinese zodiac is.

You might note that adding a particular type to the TCG wasn't so random too.

TheDeitySlayer said:

Actually, in case you're not joking, there was a shiny event Deino in Japan...

Puff said:
:O
This is madness, but really awesome at the same time.

NO! This is SPARTA!

Back on topic...

I am still confused about the region-lock thing... Will I be able to play the English Black2 on my DSi? ._.

Also the attacks were confusing as hell (especially with serebii explaining it the wrongly), but I figured it out:
Reshirams/Zekroms data does not affect Kyurem in any way (IV,EV,nature,moves...).
Kyurems moveset only changes if you have the right moves.
Scary Face->Fusion Flare/Fusion Bolt
Glaciate->Ice Burn/Shock Freeze
in other words, if Kyurem doesnt have Scary Face or Glaciate, its moveset stays the same as forme.
Question!
I understand that you say that Kyurem keeps the same EVs/IVs etc. regardless of its other dragon, but the follow-up question I have is:
Will the Reshiram and Zekrom still retain the same EVs/IVs when separated from the fused Kyurem?

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Question!
I understand that you say that Kyurem keeps the same EVs/IVs etc. regardless of its other dragon, but the follow-up question I have is:
Will the Reshiram and Zekrom still retain the same EVs/IVs when separated from the fused Kyurem?

Yes.
Imagine it like this to understand the technicalities:
When you "merge" them,
Kyurem changes forme like any other pokemon before (different sprite/base stats/2 attacks if it has them),
and Reshiram/Zekrom goes into a hidden PC box with 1 spot (like when you give a pokemon to daycare, it vanishes until you get it back). When you reverse it, its given back and Kyurem changed to normal.

The other dragon is only involved so it makes sense according to story and to decide which forme Kyurem turns into.

I thought so; I just wanted confirmation. Thanks!

Questions:What so that makes having both a black Kyurem and a White Kyurem on the same team impossible right? It must also prevent the trading of Black/White Kyurem while it's in that form correct?

Bisharp37 said:
Questions:What so that makes having both a black Kyurem and a White Kyurem on the same team impossible right? It must also prevent the trading of Black/White Kyurem while it's in that form correct?

Yep. Even if you had 3 Kyurems and 3 of the others, you could only merge one pair at a time and then seperate only that guy with it to be able to do it again.

Trading is obviously a no go.
I haven't tried it but it just wouldn't make sense at all since its "2 pokemon in 1"

They are key items, and short of cheating there is no way to have 2.

Not sure whether both would be changed when merging, maybe resulting in getting only one reverse key...
But it actually depends on whether the game can "hide" more than one dragon, which I doubt.
My guess is that if you used one to merge, and then got another key whatever way, the second dragon would overwrite the first dragon, and after reversing one of the formes, you would get back the dragon that vanished last (regardless which forme you reverse) and probably something weird like a missingo when you tried to reverse the second one.

Having 2 Kyurem formes in a game is not supposed to be possible.

What region is your English and DSi from? North America or Europe? If both are from the same area (i.e. You bought a Black 2 and DSi both in New York), then you can play them. If you have a Japanese Black 2 with a North America DSi, then it's a no go.

I also think that North America and Europe system/cartridge are incompatible as well. Not totally sure but I believe that's the case.

Amphy23 said:
What region is your English and DSi from? North America or Europe? If both are from the same area (i.e. You bought a Black 2 and DSi both in New York), then you can play them. If you have a Japanese Black 2 with a North America DSi, then it's a no go.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
I also think that North America and Europe system/cartridge are incompatible as well. Not totally sure but I believe that's the case.

Thank you both! My DSi is from North America, so it should work with the NA Black2 cartridge, correct?

Bisharp37 said:
*Shiny Gyarados from HGSS looks at you slightly offended*

Shiny Gyarados does not count XD. I meant first ever shiny egg in game event XD. That was what I was talking about XD. LOLz.:)

xxashxx said:
Shiny Gyarados does not count XD. I meant first ever shiny egg in game event XD. That was what I was talking about XD. LOLz.:)
Pokemon Crystal's Odd Egg! (50% chance but still that's really high)
...seriously, you can't win. And Gyarados totally counts. If it's always shiny and readily available, it counts.

How does Gyarados count when he was not an egg? Anyway does not really matter. Was just talking about the first shiny egg if it is always shiny XD.:)

Back