(1) Pokemon 'Black' and 'White' Game Coverage Begins! [9/17]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugaham said:
But we already have base stats and movepool! The only thing we aren't positive about is his ability, but we are fairly sure what it does.

Hmm yea, I forgot to check that.

Well in that case it's too bad.

There are many possibilities.

(1) Perhaps he can learn it somehow and we just don't know it yet. How were the move lists derived? By hax editing? By rare candying? How, exactly? It's entirely possible that he could learn this move by breeding or by some other special means that we don't know about yet.

(2) Even if we know that the B/W version is certainly denied Skill Swap, other creatures could use it for him. These include:
(a) partners in double or triple battles
(b) him himself in future iterations of the game

That's right: maybe he'll have to sit B/W out, but come Pokémon Gray (or whatever they call it), they may give him Skill Swap as one of his new moves he can learn.

(3) It's possible that his ability resolves similarly to Intimidate. It may be the case that the turn he is out and is brought under 50% health, his stats are auto-halved. However, you switch him out, you fight with other creatures for however long, and then you bring him back later. It is then, when you've brought him back in (already at <50% HP) that, perhaps, his stats will be back to normal.

There is too little known about the ability. We don't even know if it really works as has been suggested.

lol you could wait until someone sends the new pokemon with the mummy ability in, then switch into an attack from him.

hey is anyone else seeing a scissor/chandelier pokemon combo?

Talon87 said:
There are many possibilities.

(1) Perhaps he can learn it somehow and we just don't know it yet. How were the move lists derived? By hax editing? By rare candying? How, exactly? It's entirely possible that he could learn this move by breeding or by some other special means that we don't know about yet.

(2) Even if we know that the B/W version is certainly denied Skill Swap, other creatures could use it for him. These include:
(a) partners in double or triple battles
(b) him himself in future iterations of the game

That's right: maybe he'll have to sit B/W out, but come Pokémon Gray (or whatever they call it), they may give him Skill Swap as one of his new moves he can learn.

That's way too far-fetched to even consider. You can't start assuming it can use skill swap just because of some remote chance that he can learn it based on the fact that it hasn't been 100% explicitly confirmed that he can't. By that regard maybe he could learn Aeroblast too.

Lol, 'Pokemon control humans instead of the other way around' can you imagine that? Tubbs101 used Hyper Beam!

Urugamosu is a special Pokemon !! It's right before Legendaries and it can be found in the Castle in the Dessert @70lv!! Also Hihidaruma(Daruma Mode) is a cutie! :p And... Serebii met Flying Type Green Genie!

I was hoping the the blue hihidaruma would have been a pokemon, im still on the fence about having the chandelier pokemon or the daruma mode hihidaruma on my team.

Anybody have any info on the multiplayer system for this generation? What I mean by that is, for ex: Gen 3 had the secret base thing. I liked looking for my friends base since they tried so hard for me not to find it, I considered it a whole new quest. 4th gen had the underground tunnels and those were fun as well. What's new for 5th gen besides live caster? Any more information on this?

tubbs101 said:
Lol, 'Pokemon control humans instead of the other way around' can you imagine that? Tubbs101 used Hyper Beam!

In soviet russia...

MMXU said:
Anybody have any info on the multiplayer system for this generation? What I mean by that is, for ex: Gen 3 had the secret base thing. I liked looking for my friends base since they tried so hard for me not to find it, I considered it a whole new quest. 4th gen had the underground tunnels and those were fun as well. What's new for 5th gen besides live caster? Any more information on this?

tbh it doesn't look like secret bases are back. Would be nice if you could register friends to battle in the subway.

We just got a letter from Nintendo asking to take down all of our Black and White images or bad stuff will happen. I called the lawyer who sent the letter and he said he'll be making the rounds on other Pokemon sites as well and that they're doing an investigation. I was first on their list. I'm about to go out while Bangiras plays the game due to a family emergency but I have 24 hours to remove the images.

wat

The game is OUT, there's no point in asking to remove images from a game that's already been released.

It's probably nintendo of america since the games aren't out here yet. We already know about the 3 secret legendary pokemon as well, something were not suppose to know for a couple of years, lol.

*shrugs*

I asked him if it falls under Fair Use and he said not when you have all of the new Pokemon characters together like that. He's working with the American and Japanese branch btw.

They don't have the right to do that when they don't give out the downloads that are given out in Japan. Oh well time to copy, I'll need the info once I get the game at the end of next week.

@WPM - What!? So let me get this straight... You can post images of the characters when they're on their own but not if even one pixel of a different character is on the screen simultaneously? That's the impression I'm getting... :S

EDIT: This is something that ought to be posted in the "Random Facts" thread in the "Off-Topic" forum - a lot of those random facts involve absurd laws that no normal person would ever think existed.

EDIT 2: Did this ^

The 'legal action' is stupid.

I would like to know how this can cause 'substantial damage' to Nintendo, please, someone tell me. If anything posting the images encourages me to buy the game. Lots of us even purchased the Japanese versions because we're so stoked for the game. I find the whole letter thing in bad taste and completely unessecary.

I could understand if it was like actual art work and you had collected it all and posted it...but they are SCREENSHOTS and in game sprites. Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back