(1) Pokemon League Prize Support Promos [9/11]

Toddrick said:
I was hoping that the holo would be more than just a pokeball behind the card's text. Hopefully those pictures are just place holders for now. If not, then I will be sticking to my RH Uxies, Claydols and Roseanne's :)

The preview pictures are just the cards without any foil treatment at all. We don't know what parts of the card will end up holo yet.

Uxie, Claydol, Roseanne's, Dialga G, AND Warp Point?

Words cannot express the awesome. It's only one of each, but yeah, Claydol = never ever bad.

I asked my League Leader how it works.

You don't get the badges; you get the cards instead. So this next season won't have badges, it will have these special League promo cards (which are holo versions of popular pack cards).

I'm personally happy; players get something that is actually useful. I mean, who doesn't want a Claydol? ...I had one before they were popular. Then I traded it. Oh, how sad I was, because the second I traded it practically, Claydol sprung up everywhere.

masterryanx said:
What exactly do you mean by Video Game stuff? Are you referring the DS skins.. or?

Someone never read the site.

You can DS Battle instead of playing the card game now :/

You need 8 VCG battles a ball as opposed to 6 TCG battles, judging by the card.

You can fight using any non-hacked Pokemon you want. If you use hacked Pokemon and are caught, you could quite possibly lose the ability to use VCG battles for your awards in the League.

The people battling each other have to decide on the ruleset before they battle.

You can use your Arceus, sure... if the person you're fighting is okay with it. Ex. You're doing a "Anything Goes"

Essentially you can battle using any legit Pokemon you want, you just have to find someone to battle with and decide on the rules you're gonna follow. Then, battle.

Player Rewards

I'm diggin' this! Uxie... Claydol... nice...

Here's what I'm wondering... if you get cards for achieving goals during
league... what is POP going to mail us for our PLAYER REWARDS?

● ▀ ▄ * ં

RE: Player Rewards

Hypno68 said:
I'm diggin' this! Uxie... Claydol... nice...

Here's what I'm wondering... if you get cards for achieving goals during
league... what is POP going to mail us for our PLAYER REWARDS?

● ▀ ▄ * ં

player rewards are now a point system

Point System?

Lucario_aura_wielder -

You mean like the Professor Program point redemption system?

That would be pretty cool --- tough for POP to manage, but pretty cool nonetheless...

Ekaru said:
The people battling each other have to decide on the ruleset before they battle.

Which means if both players agree that hacked Pokemon is fine, the match is still fine. All you have to do is ask your opponent before you battle for courtesy.

magikarpusedsplash said:
wait what? is there some sort of article on this? the guys running my league haven't said anything, no idea what's going on here.

http://go-pokemon.com/op/news/articles/65.html

It's on the main page here as well. You have to dig for it between the HG/SS news.

dmaster out.

GraveTheUndead said:
Someone never read the site.

You can DS Battle instead of playing the card game now :/

Please don't take me for a fool, Grave. I read the site and fully understand that you can now DS battle at league. I kind of have to, being a League Leader. =/

I didn't realize you were still referring DS battles, because I had already answered your question a few posts before. Ekaru also just reiterated it quite nicely.

GraveTheUndead said:
.....Well, guess we'll have to boot off all the cheaters. Wonder if they'll allow legendaries... -hugs his legit Arceus- <3
masterryanx said:
The conditions for video game matches are to be set by both players ahead of time. There are no standards for league games. As long as your opponent agrees on it, then it's fine.

So does anyone know if once you reach 6 or 8 points for the TCG and Video Game, respectively, do you get to choose between the two cards available during the season or do you get one randomly, because if not the leagues will end up with a bunch of Snorlax...

Huh. DS battles for league points, you say? That won't change a lot for me. People stopped battling me a long time ago because they never could stand a chance. And I battle very fairly. They always think, though, that I win because I use Action Replay. (The real reason is that I EV train, and they don't. People can be so insipid.)

Choose between the two cards? You'd better be able to. Or someone's destined for a thick ear in the future.

SourMilk said:
So does anyone know if once you reach 6 or 8 points for the TCG and Video Game, respectively, do you get to choose between the two cards available during the season or do you get one randomly, because if not the leagues will end up with a bunch of Snorlax...

When you reach a PokeBall on either side of the score card you recieve both promos. So Snorlax and Uxie in this case.

However, even though there are 8 PokeBalls per card, you can only earn a maximum of four of each promo.

I contacted the league leader for my local league, but for some reason she hasn't responded about the whole 2 prizes per Pokeball issue.

Yet she's been active with contacts often and seems to not be responding to me. Should I confront her about the issue at league?

Back