(1) 'Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth' [9/12]

Delta Nite said:
^That's even better than I expected it to be! I wonder what they're saving for Gen VI, then.

I've never even heard of this Gen VI.

Dark-Giratina said:
I've never even heard of this Gen VI.

You will soon.

Really want to play this game after viewing the trailer. Quite disappointed that this is only going to be for the 3DS. :[

I'm disappointed that there's only 5 Starters, but apparently they got rid of Belly!

Nice to know they pulled the models in Pokedex 3D and used them in here.
...oh, they didn't? What a waste of time.

This is exactly the type of game I've dreamed of.. a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon in 3D, just awesome.
The only downside is the low amount of starters, but I can live with it, lol.

Blob55 said:
Technically the 3rd ones were the Wii ones.

The Wii ones were Mystery Dungeon 2.5. This is the real Mystery Dungeon 3.

cf11 said:
wow the game looks amazing!!

Looking pretty good aside from what they did with the starters. The storyline sounds like it'll be interesting, here's my analysis of what it might be like copy/pasted from Serebii:

Well here's what I can gather from the trailer. Kyurem seems to have a major part in it and I assume his forms will be showcased, which means Reshiram and Zekrom would need to appear (they'll probably be important too). Virizion seems to be the guildmaster, so Terrakion, Cobalion, and maybe Keldeo will likely appear and have a major role. The guild seems to consist of you and your partner, Espeon and Umbreon, Virizion, Gurdurr, two Timburrs, Dunsparce, Emolga, Quagsire, and Scraggy. Hydreigon also appears to be a villain or boss. One scene shows them overlooking a giant ice city or something, probably Kyurem's lair. That's about it. My guess is that if Reshiram and Zekrom will appear, there's going to be a major truth vs. ideals theme in the storyline. Kyurem will probably be a neutral party being fought over. Each of the Musketeer trio is likely to have established separate guilds for training rescue teams (which would explain Terrakion and Cobalion's absence). Virizion's relationship with his partners will probably be explored.

Blob55 said:
don, what are you talking about? They are using the Dex 3D Pro Models.
They're clearly not. Pikachu's model in Magnagate is much taller than its model in 3D Pro. They might be based off of their 3D Pro models, but if you take a comparison, they're clearly not copy-paste versions.

Maybe they re-sized the dex 3D Pro Models, because all Pokémon are closer to the same height in PMD.

I always thought of Sky as 2.5.

Blob55 said:
I always thought of Sky as 2.5.

Well then the Wii games are 2.75 or something, IDK. I can't consider it to be Mystery Dungeon 3 until it has 5th gen Pokemon in it.

I have already seen the trailer a lot of times. The game just looks perfect.
Could we probably get it March 2013 or something like that?

And...Cofagrigus is obviously going to be the bank, Rampardos will probably appraise chests, you know what Keckleon is for, Foongus...I don' t know, he will probably store items? Cinccino will, um, give presents? Who knows. XP There's also a stall for Deino. He could make you remember moves and learn them.

TheOtterBoy said:
I have already seen the trailer a lot of times. The game just looks perfect.
Could we probably get it March 2013 or something like that?

And...Cofagrigus is obviously going to be the bank, Rampardos will probably appraise chests, you know what Keckleon is for, Foongus...I don' t know, he will probably store items? Cinccino will, um, give presents? Who knows. XP There's also a stall for Deino. He could make you remember moves and learn them.

Eeeeeeeeeeh Give Nintendo tine to announce it at E3.... Holiday Season 2013!!!!!

Epicness said:
Eeeeeeeeeeh Give Nintendo tine to announce it at E3.... Holiday Season 2013!!!!!

That's way too long to wait. My guess is Holiday 2012/Spring 2013 for Japan and Spring/Summer 2013 for everywhere else.

Bolt the Cat said:
That's way too long to wait. My guess is Holiday 2012/Spring 2013 for Japan and Spring/Summer 2013 for everywhere else.

Spring 2013 is most likely. The PMD games were released in the spring or fall like most of the regular games before and localization doesn't take that long.

Pleeease tell me this trailer is incomplete, and we don't have to choose from stupid Gen-5 Pokémon and Pikachu? I mean, sure I'm gonna buy it, but this may considerably lower my enjoyment of the game.

I like how they're doing the graphics on this one... I want it now.

Back