(1) Pokemon Pedometer: PokeWalker! [6/6]

RE: (1) Pokemon Pedometer: PokeWalk! [6/6]

I wish Nintendo would put out the effort and make a quality product. I'm sure it will serve it's purpose, but I would gladly spend some extra cash for it to store a couple Pokemon and be more interactive. A color, maybe even a back lit screen and the works. And it should have limits. Level up by only 2-3 levels per day to keep people from cheating, switch Pokemon to walk with, etc.

I dig this idea a lot, but it needs more to it. :)

It could have more to it, we just don't know yet!

That looks awesome! It reminds me of those Digivice toys they used to have. Only you can transfer Pokemon. Do you think it'll have a way to hook up to "Personal Trainer:walking"? That could be really cool!

Oooh. I want it.

Another good reason to go for a morning jog! :]

what if one of the button says EV train, lol and also remember its free, most games dont give you anything

I hope it comes to the US... ;-;

It's a cool idea, although I would first transfer a pokemon I don't care about (such as Bidoof) to it, then see how careful I can be with it. Only then would I transfer a Starter/legendary to it. :d

To anyone worried about losing their Pokemon: Just send a clone over. LOL.

Kyroid said:
what if one of the button says EV train, lol

It won't. They hint at the IV system occasionally, but they never outright state that they have stuff in place.

I WANT THIS!!

Souds kind of cool but why would they make a pedometer when they can get lost or stolen?:) Just wondering because they don't last that long anyway.:)

safariblade said:
attatch it your dog's collar and play fetch

The second I did that, I would have one very dead pedometer. As well as a small mess to pick up.. The dog would be fine though, she's survived eating much stranger things.

"Dude, you're into Pokémon?!"
"Nah, man, I'm just working on my condition!"

But seriously, I still have those 2 old Pikachu things, and they were pretty fun, but I guess this one is way more useful. And now you won't at least have to either hack a bunch of rare candies or fight a googolplex trainers to get up to lv100 :O Let's just hope it's not too hard to level stuff up.

My guess is that it works like the daycare. You take a step it gains an experience point, maybe more. Still I have to give Pokemon props for this one motivation to run around and ignore your DS while still training.

Well done Pokemon, well done.

You know, this is somewhat like the Pocket Pikachu, which also is a pedometer-Virtual Pet, difference is that every step doesn't convert to money, and also you can use ANY Pokemon as a Virtual Pet instead of a Pikachu only.

Hmm, now that I think about it...

This is one step closer to a real life Poke-etch, baby. BD

I read the title as Pokemon "Pedo"-meter. :3

I bet it's going to take a huge amount of steps; 5 miles will probably equate to 5000 experience points.

But I guess it's a clever concept to get kids to go outside.

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but I wonder if you could potentially transfer an egg over an take steps, equal to the amount needed to hatch. Then the egg either hatches on the pedometer, or when you transfer it back to your DS, you take a few steps or so and it hatches?

We'll find out.

Back