(1) 'Pokemon Peer' Interview Translations [9/10]

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Discuss!

MODERATOR NOTE:
Please do not go off-topic, as it was the case for the last thread.
Thank you.

That's a really interesting interview- I like how the designers were a mix of veterans and newbies, and I really appreciate that they observed animals at the zoo and pet stores. These guys really did their research! I also like that they've started from scratch literally, not saying 'we already have one of that!'. I hope in saying 'we need more of _____ Type', we get more fire. Can't wait for the rest of the interview.

Wow, a possible 170 new Pokémon! I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of them; I wonder what the dog Pokémon they're talking about looks like.

Miju's evo fights with samurai swords, WPM. How does this further prove the starters you posted earlier? It doesn't make sense that his second evo gains a topknot, typical samurai clothing (on his lower half of his body, I don't know what it's called), two shells on his sides representing unsheathed swords, only to lose them on his final evo.

Just sayan dudes.

In b4ing all arguments about starters now.

In the meantime, I look forward to the rest of that article being translated.

Also agreeing with Gish.

Gish@ If you read the translation made by Bangiras, it doesn't said anything about its final evo to have a sword, but the overall use of their shells is like using them as swords

I came up with the idea of them fighting by using the shells on their stomachs like swords, and Mijumaru and its evolution were completed

Miju's evo fights with samurai swords, WPM. How does this further prove the starters you posted earlier? It doesn't make sense that his second evo gains a topknot, typical samurai clothing (on his lower half of his body, I don't know what it's called), two shells on his sides representing unsheathed swords, only to lose them on his final evo.

BASIC POKEMON ================
Mijumaru

STAGE 1 POKEMON ==============
Oomura:I came up with the idea of them fighting by using the shells on their stomachs like swords, and Mijumaru and its evolution (as in, second stage) were completed.

STAGE 2 POKEMON ==============
Oomura: I said, “How about a sea otter for the Water-type?” But if a sea otter were to evolve, what would it become? That’s where I hit a wall. Eventually I said that if a sea otter was to evolve, it would transform into something completely different.

Sugimori: Since we intended for those 3 starter Pokemon to be with the hero throughout the game, we wanted them to have surprising evolutions. We kept adding more twists so the forms of the third-stage Evolutions would have an impact.

When you look at Pokemon's evolutions, you can plainly see a resemblance. With Mijumaru and its final form, you see absolutely none. It should keep its defining factors not lose them.

Thanks a bunch for the translations Bangiras! Very interesting stuff! :)

I will laugh my ass off when they're seen ingame and is official confirmed real and even when you, Gish, strongly stated they were fake! "we got many proofs that they're fake! there is no proof that theyre real, meheheh!" :b

Seems that the rumoured evolutions are real this time round. Mijumaru's one, especially. The talk about a Western feel for Tsutaaja, Chinese feel for Pokabu, and Japanese feel for Mijumaru. Tsutaaja's final evo looks westernly aristocratic, Pokabu's final evo being Chinese-like (Zhu Ba Jie aka Pigsy with his buddy Sun Wukong aka Infernape), and a samurai-like Mijumaru line.

Although people are going WTH over Mijumaru's final evo being totally different from its juniors, it still makes kind of sense to me. What possibly can an little sea otter evolve into which is special at the same time? A bigger otter? Lawl. So that's why the made a Dialga-Swampert-like giant otter.

Ibe: I like dogs, so I submitted a dog-like Pokemon.

Confirmation for Shih Tzu and Pokexperto? Also, if it is, She is freaking awesome. Anyone who adds a Shih Tzu Pokemon is aces in my book.

As much as I would like to see Mijumaru's evolution be bipedal and still be cute/cool, water/fighting samurai with a katana, it says that the final form was made to look really different yet tied to the sea mammal thing, and this is a pretty logical way to do it. I love the sleek look of tsutajaa's evo, pokabu's is pretty hilarious and interesting, and mijurmaru's is ok. The leaked starter evos are way too thought out, detailed, and in line with the creators' comments to not be real (if they're fake, whoever made them probably had info about the real ones for these designs to be THIS close). I think it comes down to if you like the designs, you feel like they're real, and the people who don't like them say (hope) that they're fake.

For those who are saying that tsutajaa's evo is too Chinese dragon-esque and that it's not western, keep in mind that it's still supposed to be a SNAKE and not a dragon so of course it will look like Chinese dragon (which look more like snakes). Also, some people can't seem to see how pokabu's evos are Chinese-themed. Like what was previously mentioned above, it's pretty much the Zhu Ba Jie (豬八戒) Pig character from the Chinese Journey to the West story. See these pictures/interpretations of the pig character and you'll see how similar they look to the designs:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ZQPY0U1UsvFDdM:http://img.tv.cctv.com/image/20080124/IMAG1201157914075291.jpg&t=1

http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2007-10/16/xinsrc_0921004161100500046932.jpg

Back