(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

I was very surprised they revealed so many things right away, everything about this game looks so impressive. I can't wait for them release it.

Sonkashi said:
Also, those 3D graphics are damn sexy. Nintendo will find that their 3DS sales skyrocket

Animal Crossing already did that for them. Let's see if these games can outsell AC.

as I have been watching the video over and over I think these are my favorite legendary pokemon yet it will be hard to choose which one I want but am leaning towards Y

We have normal 1 on 1 battle, double battle, team battle, triple battle, rotation battle.

I wonder if this has a battle royale of up to 16 players.

HENdt.jpg

I feel like the X and Y are indeed represention of genetics for this game... because if you look at the Japanese trailer, at the end when the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y logos appear, it looks like there is a little rainbow-colored strand of DNA floating above both the titles. Actually now that I look at it, the DNA graphic is part of the "n" kana in the titles.

Sonkashi said:
You know what I would like? I would like a Fire/poison type. just to have that typing.

Have all of the drawbacks of Heatran without almost all of the advantages.

Am I the only one that finds it racist that the game takes place in a France-inspired area, and one of the starters is a frog...?

Loving Fennekin. Im assuming when it evolves something is going to happen with its' tail and ears, but what about those little tuffs of furr on its' back legs? hmm... I hope Chespin gets a flowing main of spikes (like super saiyan 3) and Froakie ends up destroying everything.

Well....I've been gone for awhile taking a break from Pokemon, I think this might be just the thing to bring me back into the world of Pokemon. I am also really happy and excited that these two games will be coming out worldwide on the same date instead of us having to wait!

I am excited and I love how the starters look. I just wonder what their evolutions will look like. I am definitely using Chespin though.

Seeing these announcements and all of this speculation, I can't help but wonder what Cynthia's team would look like Gen VI. lol

Anyone else think Froakie's name is kinda like, "WTF? Who named it? A little kid?"

'Cause that's what I think. Froakie. Just say it. FROAKIE. I think it's just the "ie" that's bugging me.

Otherwise these games look so cool! And the simultaneous release? Probably the best release ever.
*cough* no legendaries in the GTS right when US gets the game */cough*

I hope that they put a Dark-type Gym. It's the only type that has NEVER had its own gym. Also, I FREAKING LOVE THE Y DRAGON! But seriously, dark gym.

Something Iwata said that scared me is that.

"You will be able to see SOME of your older favorite pokemon". It all started with Mystery Dungeon and the Infinity Gates.

Were not going to get to have all of our favorites in the new game i'm assuming :(
that will suck.....bad :( :(

Actually by watching the trailer again, I realized something. The game may not be in 3D.(notice how it doesn't say that its 2d footage of a 3ds game at the beginning of the video like other 3ds trailers, and when gameplay is being showed, the 3d slider is down.) Not that I have a problem with that or anything though.

I just can't get over how awesome Pokemon Y looks, it's just so freaking badass. I don't even know it's name and I've seen in just the trailer and some fan art, but it's quickly becoming my favorite Legendary. X looks good too, I actually like both of the Legendaries. I'm thinking Dark/Fire for Y and Ligh- I mean Psychic/Water for X.

I also really like all the starters, but I especially like Froakie because it's a frog and I think it has cutest name ever! <3

Gen VI in France?

Water Pokémon Master said:

I think Gen VI will be set in France.

Notice that at the beginning of Pokemon Direct's video, when Pikachu is speaking, that he is standing on top of the Eiffel Tower?

pokemaister899 said:
Actually by watching the trailer again, I realized something. The game may not be in 3D.(notice how it doesn't say that its 2d footage of a 3ds game at the beginning of the video like other 3ds trailers, and when gameplay is being showed, the 3d slider is down.) Not that I have a problem with that or anything though.

**facepalm**

It's a 3DS game. It will be in 3D. No doubt about it. xD

Back