(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

Rockspet said:
Teal said:
If there is no 4 direction movement then how does the grass work? I don't think that grass would appear as patches (it does) if you could move freely. I hope that you can't move freely. It's just a core thing of Pokémon. That would be the only thing that would keep the overworld from feeling too un-Pokémonish with all these graphical changes.

Moving freely would certainly work. Just have a 8% chance of something appearing each step or something. That wouldn't be a hard thing to implement at all.

And 4 direction movement isn't really something I loved about pokemon anyway. Zelda was originally 4 direction movement, and it certainly wan't awkward when Ocarina of Time came out.

I could see it as an oot type movement, you had those grass patches in oot and it could be like that in x and y.

Rockspet said:
Moving freely would certainly work. Just have a 8% chance of something appearing each step or something. That wouldn't be a hard thing to implement at all.
I didn't mean that it is hard to implement, but it would feel different in a not-so-nice way to me. It... just doesn't work as nicely. D: 3D-Zelda is so different from 2D-Zelda, I'm not sure if I want Pokémon make the same jump in the mainseries games...
It's not even about getting used to it etc. Of course I will get used to it. It's still breaking a too-core thing of Pokémon and that's what I wouldn't like.

Teal said:
Rockspet said:
I didn't mean that it is hard to implement, but it would feel different in a not-so-nice way to me. It... just doesn't work as nicely. D: 3D-Zelda is so different from 2D-Zelda, I'm not sure if I want Pokémon make the same jump in the mainseries games...
It's not even about getting used to it etc. Of course I will get used to it. It's still breaking a too-core thing of Pokémon and that's what I wouldn't like.

I don't think anyone had a problem transitioning from FFVI to FFVII, or Doom to Quake, or DS to 3DS. Ok, some people have problems with transitioning from DS to 3DS, but wouldn't a 3D pokemon game, with more degrees of movement be the same as using a 3DS to play the game? Eventually, they will have to increase the directions of movement.

I hope the add a battle royale mode.

I really hope that you can transfer Pokemon over from previous games. I wouldn't really be in the mood to re-train a bunch of Pokemon I already have trained, but I don't think this will be a problem. The games look amazing! The more I think about them the more excited I get!

Honestly, I'm really hating X and Y. The names are really boring. "X and Y", is that the best Pokemon could do?
The starters look dreadful. I'm hoping for better evolutions.
The two main legendaries are awful. It'll depend on version exclusives for me.
The male trainer looks more like a girl than an actual guy.
The 3D battles look awesome, but the overworld is horrible. The people look like REAL people. That's NOT how Pokemon games should look.
The bouncy effect when they run/walk looks really bad.

The Pokemon seem like the same old Pokemon mixed together.
Xernas = Cobalion, Arceus, Dialga, Virizion,
Yveltal = Lugia, Giratina, Staraptor
Anyways, this reigon's looking really bad so far. Hope it gets better soon.

Dragon Pokémon said:
Honestly, I'm really hating X and Y. The names are really boring. "X and Y", is that the best Pokemon could do?
The 3D battles look awesome, but the overworld is horrible. The people look like REAL people. That's NOT how Pokemon games should look.

X and Y would sound better in french.

Eecks

E-Grec

Dragon Pokémon said:

How is that boring? Especially when we have discussions going on about whether they represent axes or chromosomes..
What would have been NOT boring to you?
More colors? More gems? More metals? Repeating those is exactly what would be boring.

They did the opposite. Take all of us by surprise and name it X & Y, making everyone scratch their heads.

Dragon Pokémon said:

Do you realize you could say the same about any pre gen VI pokemon?

Heck I can take it to even more absurd levels and show you that gen I was ripping itself off.

180px-031Nidoqueen.png
kangaskhan.jpg
112Rhydon.png
210px-034Nidoking.png

Dragon Pokémon said:

If it goes with a theme then I won't mind the names as much. It's not lazy, like I first thought, if they follow it up with something.

Dragon Pokémon said:

There are far worse looking Pokemon out there (5th gen...) but I don't like the look of Froakie myself.

Dragon Pokémon said:

Antler-mon looks absolutely ridiculous I agree but I don't mind Three-Prong Glowing Bird.

Dragon Pokémon said:

The second a feminine male character is shown...

Dragon Pokémon said:

Early days. Pokemon is moving on, why do people get angry when something changes? Especially when it tries to improve on graphics. I don't see anyone complaining when you actually get in a battle in the 2D games and then they do look like normal people.

Dragon Pokémon said:

Again, early days.

Dragon Pokémon said:

Only five Pokemon have been announced.

Dragon Pokémon said:

How can you come to this conclusion? It's early in development and we have barely seen anything about it.

Also Nidoking and Nidoqueen are the same species, different gender. Kangaskahn looks entirely different from Rhydon. I don't know why people keep bringing this point up.

Dragon Pokémon said:

You know what my biggest criticisms about Pokemon was when it first came out? It looked antiquated from the beginning, the character designs were stupid and unorginal, their names sucked, and the gameplay was downright terrible. And that is why I hated Gen I. In the following it, I became one of the most dedicated fans you'll ever meet, and I've seen nothing but improvement. If you think otherwise, then that's your own problem. You'll be missing out on what might be some really good games.

i wonder how many pokemon will be in this region ..im hoping this region will be the one with most pokemon! :D
especially since it's not only original pokemon but also new evos ! :D

I really dont care about how much pokemon they will make just want them to make original and not ugly.
and please ... kill the nornal type ! its not even a real type !

scattered mind said:
I really dont care about how much pokemon they will make just want them to make original and not ugly.
and please ... kill the nornal type ! its not even a real type !

Normal is considered a "control" type, wherein it isn't supposed to have any special characteristics compared to other types. It's also (ideally) a balanced type that adapted to use a variety of moves that belong to different types.

Normal is pretty balanced, although I would appreciate it if normal types could hit at least 1 type for super effective damage (say dragon as a random non specific example, that would help it to be more balanced since it would resist ghost, be weak to fighting, not very effective vs steel, and super effective vs dragon or any other type of GF's choosing) It would also balance dragons in this example who right now are some of the biggest sweepers in the game, who only have to fear Ice types and themselves.

Or they could just leave the type the way it is which is fine as well, I'd just like to see porygon-Z become OU one day. :p

at least reduce the amount of them . normal type is the most common type after water (water is a very important type but still takes way to much place in the pokemon world)

making normal type SE against other type would help it to be more useful (perhaps against new type) .

i wont be surprise if they will decide to bring new type connected to the normal type or that will replace it at least with some of the pokemon.

Okay, I know it sucks Normal type not being effective against anything but that makes sense as it is a neutral type, is not supposed to be strong against anything, specially against dragon (lol, rattata doing super effective damage with a tackle to a dratini or a gible or whatever is just stupid).

If dragon should have another weakness, then I think it would be Steel. It already resists it and usually, in fiction and legends, dragons are killed with swords and I see metal objects being one of the few things that could actually damage a dragon's hard scaly skin.

If the normal type was really neutral as it should, it had to have no weaknesses or immunity.

As for steel, they really need to make it super effective against dragons .(and make moves like knight sword :) )

I think that Game freak should make this new game a lot more varied with a lot of new TMs - that is actually more important to me then new pokemons.

Lets talk the release date. Okay, we know Japan gets games on Saturdays, America gets games on Sundays, Europe on Fridays, Australia on Thursdays. Maybe X & Y will launch in Japan on one Saturday in October, then the following day in America. Now that would really be a simultaneous release!

Back