(1) Second Interview with Masamitsu Hidaka - Many Interesting Points!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah PokemonObsessed...Mr.Hidaka said that Pokemon will continue as many generations as possible..And I really happy that there is a 5th generation Pokemon. Hope I can hear more new news about the upcoming new generations.....very soon

this is so great now we know lots of stuff that was unclear before (gs ball)

did you ask him about the gold silver remakes?

oke this may sound stupid but... what's that Uri Gueller and Kadabra Card incident?
Never heard of it...
plz help me!!

In November of 2000 it was reported that Uri Geller, an Israeli "psychic"-magician who claims to bend spoons with his mind, sued Nintendo over the Pokémon "Yungerer" (renamed Kadabra in English localizations) which he claimed was an unauthorized appropriation of his identity.[15][16] The Pokémon in question has psychic abilities and carries bent spoons. He also claimed that the star on Kadabra's forehead, and the lightning patterns on its abdomen, are symbolisms popular with the Waffen SS of Nazi Germany, (despite the fact that he designed the logo for popular music group N*SYNC, star and all) and was outraged at the connotations that Nintendo had supposedly made. Although the symbols are derived from Zener cards, the name is a pun; the katakana n (ン) resembles the kana ri (リ) (the translation of Mr. Geller's name into Katakana would be ユリゲラー Yurigerā).

Firemaker said:
In November of 2000 it was reported that Uri Geller, an Israeli "psychic"-magician who claims to bend spoons with his mind, sued Nintendo over the Pokémon "Yungerer" (renamed Kadabra in English localizations) which he claimed was an unauthorized appropriation of his identity.[15][16] The Pokémon in question has psychic abilities and carries bent spoons. He also claimed that the star on Kadabra's forehead, and the lightning patterns on its abdomen, are symbolisms popular with the Waffen SS of Nazi Germany, (despite the fact that he designed the logo for popular music group N*SYNC, star and all) and was outraged at the connotations that Nintendo had supposedly made. Although the symbols are derived from Zener cards, the name is a pun; the katakana n (ン) resembles the kana ri (リ) (the translation of Mr. Geller's name into Katakana would be ユリゲラー Yurigerā).

OK thanks a lot :)

With all his laughing, I think that he thinks lowly of all the Pokemon fans.

And I can't help but to agree.

Seriously, we're like weirdoes obsessed with watching a stupid never-aging kid and his Pookachu go around and collect badges and beat the Pokemon League. He'll never become a Pokemon Master. Face it. The anime has an absolutely pathetic storyline. At the end of each episode, is there any suspense for what comes next? No. We know that Ash will collect his badges. We know that Pikachu will never somehow evolve. We know everything.

Ash is a loser. Brock is a guy who never opens his eyes. It makes me wonder how he sees his Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny. Heh. What makes you think that a show with thousand Joys and Jennys, Old Professors living in small towns far away from strategic trade routes, absolutely no government anywhere, a repeated cycle of "omg I got a badge" and "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!" with Brock and POKEMON CONTESTS with the same judges and emcees everywhere is a good show?

And aruceuz dalgia n plakia SARK.

Basically, the anime is -_-. D:

I can't believe that guy didn't know about Pokemon Platinum. Meh. And poor Jon, he got laughed at by him many times. D:

wow, that is soo negative, it's not all about collecting badges.... >_< at least the GS ball mystery is solved kurt: "go celebi, ash forgot to ever get it back" i'm ok with the storyline, but why doesn't ash ever see any old characters again, like, just to set an example the little boy at the sprout tower all the way in Jhoto, ash promised him a battle when he got stronger, then he never saw him again... :( he should go back to older places

Chatot Brains said:
this is so great now we know lots of stuff that was unclear before (gs ball)

did you ask him about the gold silver remakes?

Yeah, WPM did you ask him about the Gold ans Silver remakes???

If you manage to get into contact with Hidaka again, could you ask him if there are any intentions to change the animation style in Diamond & Pearl (as with the change in the middle of Advance Generation)? The current style (note: clouds and oversaturated environments) look a little ugly. And maybe ask about the switch to digital colouring and CGI usage in the series.

I'm a picky prat. :x (And a new person.)

Great interviews WPM, I hope you have the opportunity to complete more sessions in the future. They've all been very interesting. ;]

I actually just got back from Anime Expo myself and also had the honor to meet Mr. Hidaka by paying visit to his panel and autograph session, although it was not nearly as much face time as you've had. Sadly, not much of the panel was dedicated to Pokemon (although it was present), but included more discussion of different Gundam series he has worked on over the years (like Wing and Turn A) and the anime he's currently directing for Gonzo, Linebarrels of Iron (the first episode was previewed at the panel, and it was superb!). Unfortunatly though, I left what I had intended to have signed at home, so I settled for his autograph on a sketch board. I initially requested a quck sketch of Satoshi to go along with the signature, but he explained to me it had been some time since he was required to draw him and would have a difficult time with it. ^ ^; But he did draw me a quick simplistic Pikachu face near the bottom, that was definately a nice touch. =D

Señor Noobnerd said:
At the end of each episode, is there any suspense for what comes next? No.

You do realize though, that the anime has a preview for the next episode at the end, right? And it does have foreshadowing at times as well, not as much as other anime, but it exists nonetheless.

guys can i ask something ? what is GS ball mystery that all are talkin about ( i hardly had time to watch the tv series ) and another q . how many times did ash met ho-oh ?

What a great expeirence to do an interview with someone like that, the questions you asked were great and i liked his answers, very good, thanks for the interview!

i dont think it is because of that one episode that aired in japan then got banned

i think he was just faking not to know anout Platinum i bet he doesn't want us to know too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back