(1) Second Interview with Masamitsu Hidaka - Many Interesting Points!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiroshi Sotomura said:
If you manage to get into contact with Hidaka again, could you ask him if there are any intentions to change the animation style in Diamond & Pearl (as with the change in the middle of Advance Generation)? The current style (note: clouds and oversaturated environments) look a little ugly. And maybe ask about the switch to digital colouring and CGI usage in the series.

I'm a picky prat. :x (And a new person.)

Say, what do you mean by the clouds? Do you mean how the weather is essentially the same everywhere, the sky being drawn the same way all the time?

It's not supposed to be taken seriously as a show, which I think is the reason why there are bright colors everywhere. It's the same reason why Speed Racer (the movie) was colored the way it was: To tell you that this is a fantasy world and that too much thinking into it will explode your brain.

I think it's already colored digitally anyway; traditional cel animation is almost entirely dead (though hand-drawn animation is still very much alive). There is CGI usage too, but of the few times I've seen it, I think they're better off keeping a natural look and drawing things by hand. The show and the movies run on a very tight budget, and CGI really only starts looking natural when people have a lot of time and money to spend on it. Or do you mean to ask why they did these things? The former is explainable: It's nearly impossible to find a studio that still does animation the old-fashioned way. Nearly all animation has become digital. The last major show to remain traditional was The Simpsons, which became digital in 2005 because they could no longer find a studio that didn't do things digitally anymore. The latter...I don't really understand except that it's cheaper and faster to do low-quality CGI animation than hand-drawn stuff.

thats an interesting Interview but im so sad that misty will never come back !! :'(
Can you tell him again to bring misty back to the show ? and tell him that alot of pokemon fans stopped watching pokemon !
and pokemon is really getting boring !! i really hate may and dawn !! there HORRIBLE !!

MistyFan, please don't post in threads that haven't had new posts for two weeks or more. Thank you.

*Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back