(1) September's 'CoroCoro' Scans Apparently Leaking [9/10]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just don't get how they managed to make a pig into a part fighting type

I know right? I could see chickens (nashville hot chicken fighting) and monkeys (Hou Quan style). But pigs? If someone says mud wrestling, I am gonna strangle them.

I still need an answer, as you're not complaining about the typing itself; You're complaining about the Pokemon design itself.

@ Ramsey: You're probably thinking of the pink, cute pigs or a potbelly pig, but wild pigs are a totally different story. They are big, mean, and WILL attack you. A wild boar can tear you up without a second thought with his tusks or feet. We have them all over the place in down here in the South, which probably explains why I'm so understanding when it comes to Pokabu's typing. The fighting totally fits, and a wild pig's temper can easily be described as firey.

k thanks..(playerking95)

i wonder if in the scans that are missing there are any new pokes? maybe not cuz we already got like 16 new ones

chaobuu has lots of hp! :)
i love pokes with high hp

omahanime said:
I like that idea. And it makes sense.

I did at first too, but then realized that if that were to happen, Mijumaru would kill Pokabu.

Anyways, I'm glad that Pokabu2 is growing on me, as for Miju3. Hopefully Miju3's battle sprite will be it on its hind legs.

I would fall in love with it if that happens.

@Kitana: That is a very good explanation for it's typing indeed, though the one interview states Pokabu has a more chinese influence, that is still a probable explanation in the mean time.

nawh i aint thinking like the cute pigs and stuff, im looking at pokabu and saying htf did they manage to pull that off, fire/ground or just fire id understamd but fire/fighting???!!!!

@Shiramu: I'm not sure if you're referring to me, but that's the sole reason why I dislike Pokabu's evolutions. I judge Pokemon by appearance. I don't care for typings or stats at all when it comes to their appearance. And I'm very much loathing Pokabu's evolution designs. I guess I won't evolve my Pokabu or something.. D:

Gaiz, maybe the Fire starter is "Fire/Fighting" bcuz he will have a combo with the other 2 FF (Blaziken and Infernape)

And if Tsutaja 3rd evo is pure Grass, there will be now 3 Pure Grass Starters (with Sceptile, Meganium) and those 3 will have a combo or sumthing

And if Mijumaru's 3rd evo is pure Water, there will be now 3 Pure Water Starters (with Blastoise and Feraligatr) and those 3... again, will have a combo or sumthing xD

I know, this is weird but... there are 3-3 same type starters xD

Gaiz, maybe the Fire starter is "Fire/Fighting" bcuz he will have a combo with the other 2 FF (Blaziken and Infernape)

And if Tsutaja 3rd evo is pure Grass, there will be now 3 Pure Grass Starters (with Sceptile, Meganium) and those 3 will have a combo or sumthing

And if Mijumaru's 3rd evo is pure Water, there will be now 3 Pure Water Starters (with Blastoise and Feraligatr) and those 3... again, will have a combo or sumthing xD

I know, this is weird but... there are 3-3 same type starters xD

But they weren't in a row. Thats what people are upset about.

Bah, screw typings and secondary weaknesses. Torterra was awful with that 4x weakness.

dude fire/fighting is a really good typing thats why they always use it.
it was succesful with blazeken and even more with inferape :) but pokabu is a different fire/fighting
because he will probably be slow but with good hp and high atacck wich makes it diffrent from the other 2
i cant wait to try Pokabu an his evo line. for now its my favorite 5th gen pokemon.

i get what your saying but still! im tired of being weak to flying attacks hehe, but yeah blaziken truelly domin ated r/s/ce though and infernape with P/D/Pt

Lol awesome I love the Mushroom Pokemon its Soooooo Kawaii XD

Yes the starter Evolution are real Yes Ha XD

@ Shiramu: I've had more experience with feral pigs than domesticated ones honestly, so it's really second nature for me to think of them first. Although I could understand a Fire/Dark combo or Fire/Ground, I've always thought about how aggressively they fight, with both other pigs and humans. Feral pigs are a HUGE problem all over the world, including China if I remember correctly.

Eh, I think the reason people might be upset about the fire/fighting redundancy is that the other two starter families (if the leaks are correct) don't have multi-typing, whereas all three starter families did in D/P/Pt. So, it seems a bit regressive, in addition to maybe seeming redundant. So, while it seems like we could be getting lots of new type combinations in 5th gen, the starters won't be. Which, yeah, is kind of a let down, especially given what they could've done with what we've seen of the designs. On another level, if the Mijimaru family is based on samurai, and the final evo (again, if the leaks are correct) has a giant sword-like shell, then I don't see why we don't have another Steel/Water--I thought that was a fantastic dual typing.

"Please don't make assumptions about why GameFreak does these things."

isint it obvious? fire/fighting dominates all the games always alwayss!! and if you dont believe me go try infernape or blazekin... if you picked one of does two you could pass the game supper fast and im guessing thats why gamefreak likes fire/fighting so much.

Please don't make assumptions about why GameFreak does these things.

Why can't he. It could be that or it could just be that they're careless. No one can really tell either way but it doesn't hurt to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back