(1) Serebii vs. WPM, Pokemon Platinum (Original Thread) [5/10]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: (1) Pokemon Platinum [5/10]

Na, I know he'll remove it due to it diverting the topic, and ban this account no less as I am evading a ban in order to do this, but I figured it would be best for you to hear from both sides as here it is usually one sided.

I agree it is pointless, I personally have many better things to do (one is sleep now since its late haha). However, it always continues, no matter what we do. It is inevitible. I do wish it was over, believe me.

If you wish to continue this discussion, as I am going now and this account and my IP will likely be banned tomorrow, my e-mail is on my site and I'm always available through PM on my forums.

Serebii-Reborn said:
I agree it is pointless, I personally have many better things to do (one is sleep now since its late haha).

Then why come over to his forum and start something? You should really just stay over at your forum. :/

They were probably deleted for a good reason, so get over it.

In other news:

Dude. It's sweet to see that the new game's posterboy will be Giratina. ;) There was some speculation a while back that it would be Mesprit, which made me cry a little inside. The set would be a silly, "One of these things is not like the other!" experience.

Giratina's secondary form is interesting-- It sounds like it would appear in cut-scenes if at all-- Haven't people hacked the heck out of D/P already? I'd wager they'd've found the sprite for it by now if it appeared as a playable character.

The underground online is something I've been hoping for! It's a cute feature, but you can't do crap with it as it stands-- Not in the US, at least. There aren't enough Pokémon players ever in the same general vicinity. I've always figured it would work better in Japan. The one time I ever found somebody else in the underground with me was actually yesterday at a college graduation ceremony. There was some kid named "Wilhelm" running around and another named "Rodger."

Serebii-Reborn said:
Na, I know he'll remove it due to it diverting the topic, and ban this account no less as I am evading a ban in order to do this, but I figured it would be best for you to hear from both sides as here it is usually one sided.

I agree it is pointless, I personally have many better things to do (one is sleep now since its late haha). However, it always continues, no matter what we do. It is inevitible. I do wish it was over, believe me.

If you wish to continue this discussion, as I am going now and this account and my IP will likely be banned tomorrow, my e-mail is on my site and I'm always available through PM on my forums.

Boo! serebii why must you be like this

WHAT??? LAME!!! With GTS and WiFi, I don't need all of the pokes in one game. The extra stuff better be good! And catching Giratina before Elite will be interesting. Hopefully there won't be anything preventing us from trading from DP to Plat. And I really hate how Nintendo makes billions, and then makes billions more from the same material. The above may sound hypocritical, but I'm still gonna get the game ;)

Archimer said:
The underground online is something I've been hoping for! It's a cute feature, but you can't do crud with it as it stands-- Not in the US, at least. There aren't enough Pokémon players ever in the same general vicinity. I've always figured it would work better in Japan. The one time I ever found somebody else in the underground with me was actually yesterday at a college graduation ceremony. There was some kid named "Wilhelm" running around and another named "Rodger."

If possible, go to the Darkrai giveaway. I'm sure you'll find more people to do that with there. But yeah, wi-fi underground will be very helpful.

wpm, you said standing in front of sky pillar, dont you mean spear pillar?
anyways, man this game is going to be sooooooooo awesome :) *gets too over-excited*

SeiferA said:
Archimer said:
The underground online is something I've been hoping for! It's a cute feature, but you can't do crud with it as it stands-- Not in the US, at least. There aren't enough Pokémon players ever in the same general vicinity. I've always figured it would work better in Japan. The one time I ever found somebody else in the underground with me was actually yesterday at a college graduation ceremony. There was some kid named "Wilhelm" running around and another named "Rodger."

If possible, go to the Darkrai giveaway. I'm sure you'll find more people to do that with there. But yeah, wi-fi underground will be very helpful.

Good point! :D We'll see what the turnout is like at my local Toys 'R' Us. We could have a Superundergroundathon!

Okay, now that I am back at my dorm and have a stable connection, let's review this whole "Serebii" situation and get it settled.

Serebii says I stole his news because I apparently had the same error as him. The error, he says, is that Cyrus is actually the guy standing in front of Giratina, and that because I said the trainer is wearing a blue outfit when it is actually Cyrus, I have stolen his information (yeah, I'm not quite sure either, if you're thinking what I'm thinking).

I suppose that one is not allowed to assume that because the Pokemon Trainer is wearing blue in the screenshot battling Giratina, that he is also the same person in front of Giratina in the overworld shot. Nope, no one is allowed to think that, and if you post it, you obviously stole all of your information from Serebii.net, the fastest Pokemon news source on the net who had all of this info before anyone else.

I mean, how dare I come to such an assumption? You see a guy in blue in front of Giratina, and then you see him again battling Giratina, and posting that "error" automatically means I stole from SPP. Who would ever come to that conclusion from the screenshot - I mean, it is so hard to make such a correlation?

If Serebii came to the same conclusion about the blue character at first (in only seeing the scan and no other interpretation of it), GOD FORBID me ever having the mind to come up with the same conclusion. Only Serebii's carefully crafted mind is allowed to make such an association at first, and if anyone else ever does, they obviously took the idea from his page.

Let's look at this logically for a second. Serebii has stolen (literally copied and pasted translations) from us in the past, WITH our errors. These aren't just "ambiguous" errors like mistaking someone for someone else, but actual blatant errors that no one could ever, ever get from the Japanese material. Meowth346 has also given me stories about how Serebii used to steal from him, and then he would go through this same old routine about how he is the victim, or change the tables on the person actually innocent.

Now, if someone, let's use me as an example, accuses Serebii of stealing, wouldn't that mean I better watch my butt like crazy to make sure I never steal from him so that he can't accuse me of the same thing? Do you think such a person would ever be stupid enough to directly take info from the person they accuse?

The fact of the matter is, to speak rather informally, that I came to the same (apparently) erred conclusion that Serebii and other websites came to because it KIND OF MAKES SENSE and LOOKS THAT WAY. I mean, blue guy in front of Giratina, blue guy battling Giratina, blue guy #1 = blue guy #2?

To say that I stole from you, Joe, is absolute nonsense. Even if it WERE the case, why would I steal such a stupid little piece of info? My news post has so many different things than yours, and yet you are as petty to say that little bit of info is stolen from you, making the entire post stolen? Sorry, but you do not own the information, and I am allowed to come to the same conclusion about something if I want.

*expects a reply with "berated," "truth," "mindless followers," "libel," "shutdown my website," etc.*

Serebii, if you want, I can always make a podcast and give it to you so you know my full feelings about you. I would also like to congratulate you for, the fourth time, breaking our agreement about speaking against each other publicly and not going to each other first personally. I love it when liars continue to lie and then claim that others are liars, don't you? :p

Water Pokémon Master said:
Serebii, if you want, I can always make a podcast and give it to you so you know my full feelings about you.

I would lol if it ended up being a video podcast :p

Awesome. It looks like it will be a very good game. WPM there is an error in you first post Where it says that you could possibly catch all three Pokemon at Sky Pillar. It should be Spear Pillar.:)

not being mean or anything, but wat do u think

I wonder why Serebii hasn't replied. He had no problem shooting off his mouth to people in Bulbagarden's chat room (and probably other places) about how I am a thief, yet when he is shown his assumptions were wrong, he disappears.

I'm waiting, Joe. You should at least apologize, as I would if I were shown I was wrong. Or is your silence just that?

I am not coming up with another "agreement" with you. I will not waste my time talking to you so that there are no fights. I am tired of writing terms of what we should do so things like this do not occur, and clearly, you can never hold them. Just for the record, this is the fourth time you have broken one of our "peace" agreements (not to mention, you are always the person that breaks them, usually within a month of them being made). You are not trustworthy, you lie, and you are a despicable human being. I will not be naive again and expect you to change your ways.

Just so you know, if you do anything during this Platinum/5th generation era that may soon be coming up, I will personally collect every single post you make toward me and my site and make them public to everyone on one convenient page so people can see just what you are really like. I made the mistake of never saving any of your chat logs or posts that bashed this website (most of the time unfairly so you could get people to believe we are 100% unreliable), but I will not make that mistake again. Step out of line, and you will be met with your own words (Oh, and be sure to revise your only argument toward logs about them being "taken out of context." I can assure you this argument will not hold true for people with brains. Get some new material. Just some advice. ;)).

WPM, I will not be goded into another fight with you. As that is what you are obviously trying to do (and as such since this post is actually going to be civil, I will save it like the others as you will inevitibly delete it, just like most of the others that OTHER people posted which do not fit your belief that you do no wrong).

Onto topic though, yes it is possible that I may have over-reacted about this, but it is awfully convenient, and you made several posts here, which you then deleted, where the phrasing was you basically admitting to do it so that further fueled my suspicions. I have them saved as do others in the BMG chat. I will not apologise for it as you brought it on yourself, especially with those remarks that implied that you took it.

I do not need another agreement with you as I actually never do anything wrong. I'm always provoked into speaking out by you, so technically I'm not the one who breaks them, you are...this is just your spin on things, something you always do to try and make yourself look good to your visitors here. Notice, if you look around the community to all the other sites, Serebii.net, Bulbagarden, PocketMonsters, Pokemon-Safari, heck probably even Marriland....they all have a problem with you and the way you do things. You cannot just pigeon-hole me because I call you out on it.

In regards to me stealing, yes I have in the past. I make no secret of it, as you referred to, Meowth 346 was a victim of this. However, this was over half a decade ago and is not indicative of me or my site now. I'm pretty sure none of that content is there and I haven't stolen since. You say I copy/pasted translations? Please, I'm not that stupid. I would never copy paste, even when I was "stealing" I didn't do that...it's very obvious when that happens. Plus every time I ask you for proof of this, you always end up not having it which makes me think its just you telling yourself I did like something else...

Which leads me onto this next thing. You went to PUSA and tried to get me shut down, you said to them that I was evil and destroyed "lesser sites". You have now gone back on this saying it was a joke...but to me that just screams of "oh my god, he has something else on me". Regardless of whether its a joke or not, you have used the same line so many times regarding myself and my sites, even as recently as March to one of my staff members that you tried to recruit, in his words "You weren't there when he was trying to convince me for pictures. He was going on about Serebii being "evil" and how you "shut down every site that's compatition".". Then when the last agreement came up, I called you out on this again and you stated that it probably wasn't true. You have taught yourself to believe these things, and that is pretty sad. Please note that I have those logs saved so you cannot deny it. Also, because of that, in one of the rare instances you credited someone without watermarking their stuff, you refused to credit him properly, just as SkittoW and not his actual name to which people would recognise it, which is what crediting is all about.

I personally will not start anything as you say it, but I know you will, and if you then go on to proceed posting stuff, I will post the un-abridged versions so people can see the actual truth and not the truth as your portray it.

All of your claims against me are unsubstantiated...you have no proof and yet here (and only here for that matter), you always spin it to make me look like the bad guy because people are believing every word you say here

This post has been saved so delete if you don't wish people to see the truth, just like all the other posts in this topic (yet you kept the ones that were pro-you until the BMG lot called you out on it)

Any chance you can both stop it? Any chance you got it from the same source? He may have stolen from us, we may have stolen from them. But do you think this is going to help either of your websites in anyway? If anything, it will scare off the new people going to join the community's.

Underground wifi will be awesome. Get people catching flags and mining all day, as well as spirtomb's challenge will be a thing of the past. Can't wait till its released, and i hope extra story line gets added.

Serebii-Reborn said:
Onto topic though, yes it is possible that I may have over-reacted about this, but it is awfully convenient, and you made several posts here, which you then deleted, where the phrasing was you basically admitting to do it so that further fueled my suspicions. I have them saved as do others in the BMG chat. I will not apologise for it as you brought it on yourself, especially with those remarks that implied that you took it.
Thank you for acknowledging you "may" have overreacted. That certainly is a start.

Regarding your latter point in the above paragraph, for someone who claims I am putting a spin on things, this statement sure doesn't make you look so great. The only thing I said that could ever convey any stealing occured was "You do not own the information." That does not mean "Hey, I stole it from you." I was saying that even if that WAS the case, you do not have any right to claiming "assumptions" and "observations" are yours and yours alone, especially since you weren't even close to being the first one to post about the news.

I do not need another agreement with you as I actually never do anything wrong.
I am sorry, but this statement is just a plain lie. You constantly go into chat rooms and talk bad about me - WITHOUT ME BEING THERE OR HAVING DONE ANYTHING. The summer of D/P was a perfect example of this. Speaking in absolutes usually means someone is lying.

I'm always provoked into speaking out by you, so technically I'm not the one who breaks them, you are...this is just your spin on things, something you always do to try and make yourself look good to your visitors here.
My agenda is not to look good in front of everyone. In case you didn't know from the SOVA debates, I don't care what others think about me or how they look upon me. What matters is the truth.

My "spin on things" is sort of hard to refute - I posted a news story, without even asking me personally if I stole you went around claiming I did, spread it to everyone like wildfire, and then evaded your ban here (which, by the way, I am not against for this situation). Then you were shown that you were wrong in accusing me of stealing.

Notice, if you look around the community to all the other sites, Serebii.net, Bulbagarden, PocketMonsters, Pokemon-Safari, heck probably even Marriland....they all have a problem with you and the way you do things. You cannot just pigeon-hole me because I call you out on it.
And how many of those same websites and their members, if not more, hate you down to the core? You speak of only people from the chat rooms you find comfort in. Plus, SPP is your own site, so that doesn't even apply to your argument (although I do suppose some people might hate you there). BMG is full of people who absolutely hate you (and me too, because of my positions on issues regarding SOVA in the past), #PM people always talk in the chat about how they hate you, and I don't know about PS or Marriland. What I do remember about Marriland is that you were in your chat room bashing them for rising up in popularity because they "Google Bombed." And you say I have a problem with people?

In regards to me stealing, yes I have in the past. I make no secret of it, as you referred to, Meowth 346 was a victim of this. However, this was over half a decade ago and is not indicative of me or my site now. I'm pretty sure none of that content is there and I haven't stolen since. You say I copy/pasted translations? Please, I'm not that stupid.
So Bangiras and I were just seeing things when you had her translations and mistakes up when 10 of the D/P Pokemon were shown in CoroCoro? Were we also seeing things when you edited the post when Coronis, your translator, came on much later? What a liar you are. How could you ever deny doing such a thing that was so apparent? There was BIG news about 10 Pokemon, none of your translators were on, so you took the info from someone else. To make sure you would never miss such big news again, you even had someone else update your site for when you would be sleeping (which I believe only happened once). You were in a tight situation, and so you did what you could to make sure you had the news as well.

Plus every time I ask you for proof of this, you always end up not having it which makes me think its just you telling yourself I did like something else...
Uh, hello, WPM + laptops = doom. That was 2 laptops ago. The people I showed that night of what you did probably are still around and can remember you doing it, though.

Which leads me onto this next thing. You went to PUSA and tried to get me shut down, you said to them that I was evil and destroyed "lesser sites".
We have been over this at least 20 times, and yet you still bring it up. This event never happened. It was simply to "rattle your feathers" after how much stress you put me through during the summer in constantly attacking me. I even felt so bad for making you feel like your site was going to be shut down that I even told you IN THE SAME CHAT minutes after to continue what you were doing and to ignore what I said. Stop using this event as a sympathy tactic, especially when there are so many more times where you have treated me like poo in front of others that I could cite.

even as recently as March to one of my staff members that you tried to recruit, in his words "You weren't there when he was trying to convince me for pictures. He was going on about Serebii being "evil" and how you "shut down every site that's compatition".". Then when the last agreement came up, I called you out on this again and you stated that it probably wasn't true. You have taught yourself to believe these things, and that is pretty sad. Please note that I have those logs saved so you cannot deny it.
I never denied it... I told you that you were evil. I also said you are evil to "lesser" sites when they give you competition. Among other things.

Also, because of that, in one of the rare instances you credited someone without watermarking their stuff
And uhh, how many times have you credited people on your page? I am pretty sure I have only seen 2-3 credits in the past few months from you.

you refused to credit him properly, just as SkittoW and not his actual name to which people would recognise it, which is what crediting is all about.
Uhh, Skitty on Wailord isn't appropriate for a website aimed at children, and plus I am pretty sure he has told me in the past I can even credit him as "Skitty." I have credited him as that before, too. You don't know our arrangements, thank you.

I personally will not start anything as you say it, but I know you will, and if you then go on to proceed posting stuff, I will post the un-abridged versions so people can see the actual truth and not the truth as your portray it.
Go ahead. Show people the 1-2 examples you have of me being an evil person to you for no reason. I am sure you have a few, because I know I have been evil to you once or twice, but they all have been in reaction to the way you have treated me.

Now, for you, on the other hand, there are many more instances, probably 10x more, of you being evil to me.

All of your claims against me are unsubstantiated...you have no proof and yet here (and only here for that matter), you always spin it to make me look like the bad guy because people are believing every word you say here
Yeah, okay, ALL of my claims are wrong. You are just such an innocent person who has NEVER done anything wrong, EVER. I don't "spin" anything, it seems like that is your agenda. You are the innocent angel, aren't you?

This post has been saved so delete if you don't wish people to see the truth, just like all the other posts in this topic (yet you kept the ones that were pro-you until the BMG lot called you out on it)
I deleted all posts about the fight and missed ONE because of my slow connection. Wow. That's really something to make a claim that I am "only keeping pro-me" ones. There were so many bashing you when I first saw the thread after posting the story that I think I deleted a whole page. Only 3 unique IP addresses had anything praising you, and I know for a fact that at least one of them was just your puppet (you gave them stuff to c/p). This point is completely moot.

----

Now of course, I may not always be completely innocent. The way you have treated me in the past has certainly brought out the ugly side of me many times, and I absolutely hate having to act the way I must act sometimes.

However...

What I can say is that, without a doubt, I am not a bully. I never go out of my way to bash you or to create lies about you on the internet. I do not constantly "berate" (to use your word) you. In fact, almost all of the time, it is something you have said or done that makes ME react. You have heard me use this argument before, and I see that you have even adopted it yourself. But, if you look at the history between you and I, it always seems like you come out of nowhere to bash me and then we get into a fight. I NEVER just randomly start a fight with the other person like you do. You are a bully, and you feel threatened that someone like me is very vocal about the way you act. The time I posted a thread on my tiny little forum about you and how much of a jerk you were to me, you went and posted a massive thread on your forum about how everything (note: everything) I said was a lie and taken out of context. That just goes to show you feel threatened by me for some reason or another, and that you must constantly attack me so I shut up about showing people who you really are. No other webmaster has been so vocal to you in the past, have they? And you don't like that, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back