(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
evilpacman said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Well most of the 'faries' you guys want to be are in gens 1 and 2 (blissey, clefairy, togepi, granbull), so it would make more sense to implement it there.

Also on p.delslayer's role reverse of dragon/fairy types

what would happen to dragonite, dragonair, and bagon (Which rhymes with dragon for crying out loud)?

I'm just not going to post my opinion anymore as it seems the fairy fans will rage. I just don't think there should be a fairy type.

Your opinion is fine by me. You dont have to like it. But I want to point out that after doing some quick reading on fairy types, it seems like the Pokemon lines you listed dont have much in common with the traditional fairy other than a few of them having "fairy" in its name or description. Kinda interesting. In fact, this whole discussion has really opened my eyes on what a fairy can be. No longer will I ever totally associate fairy with being feminine :p

I just think you are missing over a lot of pokemon that this wide selection of "fairy" would include. That dullahan thing might be a fairy, but in the games it would most likely be a ghost. And isn't there an imp/gremlin thing already? Sableye tho right? And besides Alkazam, Abra, Kadabra, Mr. Mime, Trick Room, Magic Coat, etc etc. Like Fairy and Magic are kinda sorta already included, and I just think there would be no need in making something a type, when plenty of pokemon and moves are magic/fairy based or have magic name bases, and they didn't make it a type already. They would have to go back and fix aaaaalll of that stuff, I mean if they wanted to make sense and be proofed and stuff.

And even tho Dragon is really powerful, Dragons don't typically learn grass type attacks, and not many know electric moves, a lot of water types learn ice moves, a long with normal types. Then due to flying/dragon(not in that order don't shoot), some dragons are weak to rock type attacks.

I just think these rumors are like others, simply playing at what you guys want and have the biggest reaction over, because people been craving a new type since gen 3. of course they'd make rumors to get everyone super hype, that's what they are for. When snivy's evolutions were unrevealed, people wanted his final typing grass/flying, or grass/dragon (made no sense) and the rumors supported that, making them real shocked when the results came back just grass. People wanted special flying mechanics and all that jazz too. The only part of that list I don't side eye completely is thelack of HMs, mostly cus that would be cool. Or they could give Ride as an HM. Who knows!?

Lets just wait our few months before the game comes and we'll know

46393ac54c9278576db6e475b881972b.jpg

Sylveon as a fairy type would make sense, mostly due to this image. Pink, and a fairy wing in the corner of it's little badge.

I will say that the fairy type does hold water though

I do think it is a lot more possible than I once did. I will say that

Incognito said:
Alix Rooker said:

Sylveon as a fairy type would make sense, mostly due to this image. Pink, and a fairy wing in the corner of it's little badge.

I agree. And the fact that they're keeping it's typing a secret leads me to believe it's an unknown type.

I can understand Yveltal and Xerneas being secrets, but Sylveon is just an Eeveelution.
I like that they're creating a lot of fan hype by making Sylveon and not out right revealing it's type, but seriously? 3 months after its reveal, and we still know nothing?

The same could be said about Xerneas and Yveltal. They have been out for four months, and we still know little to nothing about them, other than that they are legendary, the version mascots, and based on the letters X and Y.

Flygon2071 said:
kbak12 said:
I wonder how this will affect the Eeveelutions? Wouldn't this make Sylveon the best Eeveelution, perhaps? If Fairy-type did come out...I don't think there would be any contest.

Jolteon's amazing speed and Vaporeon's perfect healing. I doubt Sykveon will even get to UU and if it does, it wouldn't be a massive power there.
We know absolutely nothing about Sylveon from a competitive standpoint. Who's to say it doesn't get amazing moves and has good attacking stats with decent defenses, as well as reliable revovery? It is way too early to be thinking about what tier it could be in, let alone any competitive view of it at all.

My two cents:
Dual-typed attacks: No. Please for the love of god no. x8 and .25 type matchups no
Fairy-type: Eh. The matchups don't really make sense to me; it kind of seems like forced balancing without much thought into why it would logically work. Immune to Dragon? Immune? Why though?
Flying and Levitate battle style: This makes the least amount of sense to me, unless it turns out to be a minigame or something.
Starter types: These don't really make sense based on what we've seem of their first forms so far, aside from Fennekin's evolution being Fire/Psychic (which I don't really want because we just had a Fire/Psychic fox thing named Victini, but I digress...)
EV facility: Sounds like competitive fanservice to meeee. Would be nice though; less to manually keep track of.

The rest I'm just kinda "yeah all right whatevs" about.

P.DelSlayer said:
Flygon2071 said:
Jolteon's amazing speed and Vaporeon's perfect healing. I doubt Sykveon will even get to UU and if it does, it wouldn't be a massive power there.
We know absolutely nothing about Sylveon from a competitive standpoint. Who's to say it doesn't get amazing moves and has good attacking stats with decent defenses, as well as reliable revovery? It is way too early to be thinking about what tier it could be in, let alone any competetive view of it at all.

Of course but just what I think that will happen. It's not the time to judge but that is what I think that will happen to Sylveon.

HMM. to add to the thing about Flying/Levitate battles
What about Underwater or Underground battles? One user use dive and so does the other. They have to make some kind of contact.
With the Double Typed attacks, if it gets introduced they might as well make Pokemon with 3 types or 4 types : Drapion- Poison/Dark/Bug.
Also about the Mawile pre-evo that new Electric type pokemon looks like it could be a pre-evo but it's not

also the dual types sound dumb as shit
for the love of god please no

and the starter final types? they probably aren't gonna do it. I think that's mostly just something fans really really want to be true, which is why it's a rumor. And besides, dark is immune to psychic. personally I think chespin will be grass rock, based on it's revealed moves and dex, while froaki will be part fighting and fennekin part psychic (or part fairy, if that shit legit) or pure fire. Game freak could just be yankin us.

I just hate how some people are stereotypical about
fairy type, thinking it's girly and all.

Fairies can be lots of creatures, even trolls or golems
and stuff. And let me tell you that some country folklores
even have fairies that are evil. Just because most of them
are shown as cute and nice, it can be the exact opposite.
I even have a book I think at home, that has some evil fairies.

I am excited for this type. More even because it will be strong
against dragon. I have always thought dragons have a bit over
advantage, plus some are already strong as heck.

:)

xayshade said:

and the starter final types? they probably aren't gonna do it. I think that's mostly just something fans really really want to be true, which is why it's a rumor. And besides, dark is immune to psychic. personally I think chespin will be grass rock, based on it's revealed moves and dex, while froaki will be part fighting and fennekin part psychic (or part fairy, if that shit legit) or pure fire. Game freak could just be yankin us.

What was speculated was Fraokie Water/Fighting and Chespin Grass/Dark instead of Froakie Water/Dark and Chespin Grass/Fighting and of course Fennekin Fire/Fighting

xayshade said:

Back when generation 4 was starting to be announced, TPCi had originally planned for the starters to be Dark, Psychic, and Fighting type, but abandoned the idea so as not to stray from tradition. However, I will say this.

Venasaur- Grass/Poison
Charizard- Fire/Flying
Blastoise- Water
Meganium- Grass
Typhlosion- Fire
Ferligatr- Water
Sceptile- Grass
Blaziken- Fire/Fighting
Swampert- Water/Ground
Torterra- Grass/Ground
Infernape- Fire/Fighting
Empoleon- Water/Steel
Serperior- Grass
Emboar- Fire/Fighting
Samurott- Water

The idea of a starter's final evolution having a second type has obviously been done. Maybe not as drastic as Psychic or Dark, but it would definitely help balance everything out nicely, so that no one starter had more power over the others.

Grass/Fighting is strong against Water/Dark, which is strong against Fire/Psychic, which is strong against Grass/Fighting. You see where I'm coming from? The idea is not so Farfetch'd that they wouldn't even dream of doing it.

TPCi is always thinking of new ways that they can improve their games, keep their current audience interested, and bring new people into their demographic. They're constantly coming up with new ideas to sell to the fans, both those that have been around since the beginning, and those that are starting on their very first Pokemon journey.

The reason that they introduce new generations, and in turn, new methods of playing, is, for starters, to keep the old fans interested, and to obviously bring something new and exciting to people, such as young children whom have not played a Pokemon game before.

To me, I don't see it as a bad move, whatsoever. In reality, everything that they're bringing to this new generation, whether the Genwunners and fans like it or not, is a good thing, especially when you keep the new gamers in mind.

Flygon2071 said:
and of course Fennekin Fire/Fighting
I seriously almost threw up in my mouth reading that.

Alix Rooker said:

Makes sense, but the wing does not seem like a fairy wing. Looks like the jet badge to me ( I may be wrong )

EDIT: Pink is a common color for normal types...

TPCI could do the unexpected and pull a normal type eeveelution on us.

Don't take it as my opinion I don't think it's true, but that would be a shocker if it was normal type.

ElementFreak said:
I just hate how some people are stereotypical about
fairy type, thinking it's girly and all.

Fairies can be lots of creatures, even trolls or golemsand stuff. And let me tell you that some country folklores
even have fairies that are evil. Just because most of them
are shown as cute and nice, it can be the exact opposite.
I even have a book I think at home, that has some evil fairies.

I am excited for this type. More even because it will be strong
against dragon. I have always thought dragons have a bit over
advantage, plus some are already strong as heck.

:)

A Golem possesed by a fairy such as Golurk would be cool.

Alt form for Golurk YES!

Alix Rooker said:
xayshade said:

Back when generation 4 was starting to be announced, TPCi had originally planned for the starters to be Dark, Psychic, and Fighting type, but abandoned the idea so as not to stray from tradition. However, I will say this.

Venasaur- Grass/Poison
Charizard- Fire/Flying
Blastoise- Water
Meganium- Grass
Typhlosion- Fire
Ferligatr- Water
Sceptile- Grass
Blaziken- Fire/Fighting
Swampert- Water/Ground
Torterra- Grass/Ground
Infernape- Fire/Fighting
Empoleon- Water/Steel
Serperior- Grass
Emboar- Fire/Fighting
Samurott- Water

The idea of a starter's final evolution having a second type has obviously been done. Maybe not as drastic as Psychic or Dark, but it would definitely help balance everything out nicely, so that no one starter had more power over the others.

Grass/Fighting is strong against Water/Dark, which is strong against Fire/Psychic, which is strong against Grass/Fighting. You see where I'm coming from? The idea is not so Farfetch'd that they wouldn't even dream of doing it.

TPCi is always thinking of new ways that they can improve their games, keep their current audience interested, and bring new people into their demographic. They're constantly coming up with new ideas to sell to the fans, both those that have been around since the beginning, and those that are starting on their very first Pokemon journey.

The reason that they introduce new generations, and in turn, new methods of playing, is, for starters, to keep the old fans interested, and to obviously bring something new and exciting to people, such as young children whom have not played a Pokemon game before.

To me, I don't see it as a bad move, whatsoever. In reality, everything that they're bringing to this new generation, whether the Genwunners and fans like it or not, is a good thing, especially when you keep the new gamers in mind.

Flygon2071 said:
and of course Fennekin Fire/Fighting

im not saying its a bad move, or farfetched, im just saying, gamefreak being gamefreak, they are most likely not going to deliver. and I am really doubting chespin being grass dark. his moves back that up, and I just don't have the gut feeling. I would feel better if he was grass/fighting but naw bruh naw

and I meant dual type moves, not the dual type starters.

frezgle said:
My two cents:
Dual-typed attacks: No. Please for the love of god no. x8 and .25 type matchups no
Fairy-type: Eh. The matchups don't really make sense to me; it kind of seems like forced balancing without much thought into why it would logically work. Immune to Dragon? Immune? Why though?
Flying and Levitate battle style: This makes the least amount of sense to me, unless it turns out to be a minigame or something.
Starter types: These don't really make sense based on what we've seem of their first forms so far, aside from Fennekin's evolution being Fire/Psychic (which I don't really want because we just had a Fire/Psychic fox thing named Victini, but I digress...)
EV facility: Sounds like competitive fanservice to meeee. Would be nice though; less to manually keep track of.

wow, uh ok..
if you haven't read some of the comments already, it's been explained over, and over why fairy would fit in.. If people are worried that fairy doesn't fit in, then neither does the dragon type. Or ghost type.. or psychic type. Hell, all of pokemon doesn't really make sense. But it makes perfect sense for a new type such as fairy to to be implanted into the system. Like someone else mentioned before, some people always hold the stereotypical image of a fairy as being some cute small creature when there's more to fairies than that.

A new battling system for flying and levitating poke sounds very reasonable. Some attacks don't really make sense when it comes to attacking flying or levitating pokemon.... I figured out of all those rumors this one would seem to be at most the most reasonable or understandable one....

You don't always know how a Pokemon is going to look in its final form.. Tepig doesn't look like it'd be a fighting type in its first stage, and neither does Torchic... Oshawott doesn't look like it'd eventually end up on four legs..

It seems like when ever there is some sort of change people complain about the changes despite the fact they'd make sense.. even if you personally don't like them.... and then when there isn't much change people complain about how come they didn't do so-and-so and when they finally do, do something some of you people throw a temper tantrum over it. It seems nothing they do can please some of you people.. why can't some of you just enjoy or respect the amount of dedication these people do in making the games especially if they're going all out and creating a new type and re-writing the whole typing system... it's not too late for them to add a new type.. you say that it is as if it's the last pokemon gen or something.. I'm pretty sure there's going to be plenty more generations of pokemon.... and saying how it's too "late" for them to add a new type sounds ridiculous in itself...

as someone else said.. GF is going to do whatever they want to do with their own franchise.. if you hate it sooooooo much, don't play it.. no one's forcing you to like anything they do in their own game. you guys act like these changes destroyed the entirety of pokemon...(especially since it's just rumors at this point) it's alright if you don't like it, that's your opinion, but the game's targeted towards children (not you) anyway, at least their target audience will like it better

xayshade said:
Alix Rooker said:

Venasaur- Grass/Poison
Charizard- Fire/Flying
Blastoise- Water
Meganium- Grass
Typhlosion- Fire
Ferligatr- Water
Sceptile- Grass
Blaziken- Fire/Fighting
Swampert- Water/Ground
Torterra- Grass/Ground
Infernape- Fire/Fighting
Empoleon- Water/Steel
Serperior- Grass
Emboar- Fire/Fighting
Samurott- Water

im not saying its a bad move, or farfetched, im just saying, gamefreak being gamefreak, they are most likely not going to deliver. and I am really doubting chespin being grass dark. his moves back that up, and I just don't have the gut feeling. I would feel better if he was grass/fighting but naw bruh naw

and I meant dual type moves, not the dual type starters.

I know what you meant. I was not referencing the fact that you thought the dual typed moves was stupid.

I can personally see Chespin as being Grass/Rock. I don't particularly care for the idea, but it's such an out of this world idea.

Garchompsoup said:
frezgle said:
My two cents:

wow, uh ok..
if you haven't read some of the comments already, it's been explained over, and over why fairy would fit in.. If people are worried that fairy doesn't fit in, then neither does the dragon type. Or ghost type.. or psychic type. Hell, all of pokemon doesn't really make sense. But it makes perfect sense for a new type such as fairy to to be implanted into the system. Like someone else mentioned before, some people always hold the stereotypical image of a fairy as being some cute small creature when there's more to fairies than that.

A new battling system for flying and levitating poke sounds very reasonable. Some attacks don't really make sense when it comes to attacking flying or levitating pokemon.... I figured out of all those rumors this one would seem to be at most the most reasonable or understandable one....

You don't always know how a Pokemon is going to look in its final form.. Tepig doesn't look like it'd be a fighting type in its first stage, and neither does Torchic... Oshawott doesn't look like it'd eventually end up on four legs..

It seems like when ever there is some sort of change people complain about the changes despite the fact they'd make sense.. even if you personally don't like them.... and then when there isn't much change people complain about how come they didn't do so-and-so and when they finally do, do something some of you people throw a temper tantrum over it. It seems nothing they do can please some of you people.. why can't some of you just enjoy or respect the amount of dedication these people do in making the games especially if they're going all out and creating a new type and re-writing the whole typing system... it's not too late for them to add a new type.. you say that it is as if it's the last pokemon gen or something.. I'm pretty sure there's going to be plenty more generations of pokemon.... and saying how it's too "late" for them to add a new type sounds ridiculous in itself...

as someone else said.. GF is going to do whatever they want to do with their own franchise.. if you hate it sooooooo much, don't play it.. no one's forcing you to like anything they do in their own game. you guys act like these changes destroyed the entirety of pokemon...(especially since it's just rumors at this point) it's alright if you don't like it, that's your opinion, but the game's targeted towards children (not you) anyway, at least their target audience will like it better
Seven kinds of this! ^

He has the right mindset. He shares his ideals with me.
I stated that on the page before. Nice of you to reference me. ;)

On a site based on nintendo news, they reported that during a segment in the episode (Pokemon Smash), it was implied that Sylveon is strong against Ice-type Pokemon, and weak against Poison and Fighting types.
If the guy said that probably the Fairy-type will be weak to Poison and Steel, super effective against Fighting, something don't match..
This means that :
1. There will be another addiction to types other than fairy and Sylveon will be of this - unknown - type. So Gen. VI will introduce two new types, maybe to balance the Fairy one.
2. The rumors are fake or Pokemon Smash is a troll.

Fairy's weaknesses actually mostly make sense to me, especially the weakness to steel, because fairies in folklore have long been said to be averse to iron. Poison kind of makes sense, too - fairies of all stripes have a connection to nature, so it would make sense for Poison to affect them the same way it does Grass-types. Being not very effective against Fire and Psychic makes some sense, since Fire could be chaotic enough to disrupt fairies' abilities, and Psychic-types can counteract them with semi-magic of their own. The strength against Dark and Fighting is a little trickier, but since both of them are scrappy types with sometimes tricky moves, it could be justified by the Fairy-types giving them a taste of their own medicine (fairies being notorious tricksters). Strength against and immunity to Dragon-types is tricky, I'll admit, but really, why not? Especially given how much that type has exploded in power and usefulness since it debuted.

DorianBlack said:
Fairy's weaknesses actually mostly make sense to me, especially the weakness to steel, because fairies in folklore have long been said to be averse to iron. Poison kind of makes sense, too - fairies of all stripes have a connection to nature, so it would make sense for Poison to affect them the same way it does Grass-types. Being not very effective against Fire and Psychic makes some sense, since Fire could be chaotic enough to disrupt fairies' abilities, and Psychic-types can counteract them with semi-magic of their own. The strength against Dark and Fighting is a little trickier, but since both of them are scrappy types with sometimes tricky moves, it could be justified by the Fairy-types giving them a taste of their own medicine (fairies being notorious tricksters). Strength against and immunity to Dragon-types is tricky, I'll admit, but really, why not? Especially given how much that type has exploded in power and usefulness since it debuted.
Maybe because fairies could be seen as a "semi-god" essence and they can calm the rage and counter the brute-force of the dragon.

Sorry for my english.

Anyway in response to the image of all the Eeveelutions, i would make you notice that Eevee is in in a heart-shaped box and this don't lead to his type (Normal), but maybe to the level of happiness eevee have to reach in order to evolve into Espeon/Umbreon/Glaceon/Sylveon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back