(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is currently 6pm in Japan, so in about 12 hours, which would be aroun 4:00pm where I am, 2:00pm, where WPM is, we will have his final update on the leaks he got from his source.

Lemonguy said:
So I get to wake up at 7am tomorrow and watch as the news comes a flyin'?

Oh yea Australia!

Well, WPM may leak the news earlier than that, so you may wake up to the news already on Pokébeach for hours, and see all the users on here talking about the leaks while they wait for Pokémon Smash, which may show something completely different from WPM's leaks (actually most likely situation, now that I think about it).

AtmosphericThunder said:
Well, WPM may leak the news earlier than that, so you may wake up to the news already on Pokébeach for hours, and see all the users on here talking about the leaks while they wait for Pokémon Smash, which may show something completely different from WPM's leaks (actually most likely situation, now that I think about it).

I'm more hyped for Smash, with the chance of confirming Sylveon's type. Though WPM's info will be nice as well! I don't care about the names, but I would like to know the other little bits of info he said he will post with them.

Lemonguy said:
AtmosphericThunder said:

I'm more hyped for Smash, with the chance of confirming Sylveon's type. Though WPM's info will be nice as well! I don't care about the names, but I would like to know the other little bits of info he said he will post with them.

I'm excited for both Smash and the leaks. I'm too curious for my own good, but I love that about myself!

I should sleep now -- it's 5am where I live. Have a good day!

Damn you GMT! I have to wait until 10:30pm this evening. That's waiting a whole day! :( Oh wells. Thanks WPM for clearing everything up, you did well to stick up for your source. I look forward to hearing more info!

mastermagpie said:
Damn you GMT! I have to wait until 10:30pm this evening. That's waiting a whole day! :(

its not like you have to wait less if you're in the right timezone LOOOOL

Mitja said:
mastermagpie said:
Damn you GMT! I have to wait until 10:30pm this evening. That's waiting a whole day! :(

its not like you have to wait less if you're in the right timezone LOOOOL

Aha, I meant that I can't really sleep those hours and 'make' it go quicker. I'll actually have to go outside and take my mind of Pokemon X and Y for more than 5 minutes.

If that's even possible.

The sun burns my eyes...

felichar said:
moonlightning said:
Is it just me or is this symbolising grass/fairy on the left and dark flying on the right?

its the backgroung of the boxes
It is but I've been thinking about that. Even though it doesn't make Fairy obvious you can tell that its pointing toward Xerneas being Grass and the other side does look like it would be Dark/Flying

moonlightning said:
Is it just me or is this symbolising grass/fairy on the left and dark flying on the right?

Good catch! I agree that it must have some meaning, and I seriously hope they end up calling it Light type (since it looks like there's a light versus darkness thing going on there)

I honestly don't think that it gives too many hints towards Xerneas' type, as Grass and forests are generic enough to not be complete type hints, but I do have to agree that the dark and stormy skies may be hints. I mean, they could have just had a nice bright sunny sky, or maybe have it raining with thunder and lightning. It sort of narrows it down to "well Yveltal does not look like good thing".

And I wouldn't expect much at all from the Smash special. Just showing off some new gameplay, perhaps. It's a bit too soon to reveal a huge chunk of new info (I expect the type reveal to be next month, or in another week or two for example). At most, they might show off a new Pokemon, probably an evolution or pre-evolution of an existing one, in the videos?

Luna_Cat16 said:
I honestly don't think that it gives too many hints towards Xerneas' type, as Grass and forests are generic enough to not be complete type hints, but I do have to agree that the dark and stormy skies may be hints. I mean, they could have just had a nice bright sunny sky, or maybe have it raining with thunder and lightning. It sort of narrows it down to "well Yveltal does not look like good thing".

And I wouldn't expect much at all from the Smash special. Just showing off some new gameplay, perhaps. It's a bit too soon to reveal a huge chunk of new info (I expect the type reveal to be next month, or in another week or two for example). At most, they might show off a new Pokemon, probably an evolution or pre-evolution of an existing one, in the videos?
Well if its obvious enough to point toward Dark/Flying for Yveltal then why not Grass for Xerneas? I mean, what else could a deer be? And Fairy makes sense too.

The English localisation of Fairy-type is Fairy-type so it won't be Light! (According to WPM) :)

EDIT: At Dmatt (wouldn't let me quote for some reason)

Crazuu said:
If Xerneas is Fairy/Grass Yveltal should be Dark/Dragon

Then it would be x4 weak against Fairy (ehem, Light XD)

It seems they're going for balance this generation.. so, another argument there. (Flying>Grass Fairy>Dark)

mastermagpie said:
The English localisation of Fairy-type is Fairy-type so it won't be Light! (According to WPM) :)

EDIT: At Dmatt (wouldn't let me quote for some reason)

Oww. Might as well make my peace with it :p

-------

And yes, those are inspired by the box art, and yes, it could also represent that Xerneas is related/protector of the Forest, meanwhile Yvetal is the sky being... **but** then there's no specific reason for the middle center to be a clash between light and darkness... So one could suggest that's a hint for the Dark/Fairy typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back