(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

I've got a slight feeling that Furabebe will be a gimmick like Spinda; there's gonna be a load of different flower forms for it.

Of course, I can see that not happening, and it could get an evolution which incorporates the flower into its body and it becomes Fairy/Grass.

edit: I've also got a hunch that Fletchling has 2 evolutions, with Talonflame being the last of them. This would mean that there's still the middle stage we've yet to see.
But Fire/Flying heck yea! I'm hoping that because of this, it will open up more possibilities in future gens for *interestingtype*/Flying.

P.DelSlayer said:
I've got a slight feeling that Furabebe will be a gimmick like Spinda; there's gonna be a load of different flower forms for it.

Of course, I can see that not happening, and it could get an evolution which incorporates the flower into its body and it becomes Fairy/Grass.

Maybe so...however it could be like dwebble..I mean it does say it shell differs but that is seen only in the anime and not the game.

Furabebe is the smallest and lightest Pokemon ever. That just made it more adorable in my book.

Speaking of the anime...am I the only one dying to see helioptile and gogoat in action? Idk about you guys but i watch the anime mainly because I love seeing the pokemon innaction not because of ashnoob or anything....on a side note wouldn't it be cool for them to reboot the anime cuz I kind of want something fresh...

jdivinity said:
Furabebe is the smallest and lightest Pokemon ever. That just made it more adorable in my book.

You're right- it's the same height as Joltik, and the same weight as Gastly. I need it more now D:

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Mitja said:
ITS FIRE/NORMAL

gamefreak wat r u doin
gamefreak
stahp
It's going to evolve into a Fire/Poison manticore. Did you notice the stinger on its tail?

It would be more likely for it to gain Poison if it was JUST Fire.
With such a combo I doubt it would lose its Normal type.

Mitja said:
TheAmazingDerpfish said:
It's going to evolve into a Fire/Poison manticore. Did you notice the stinger on its tail?

cough scizor and scythe cough cough

Shishiko's eyes....8D. Weird.

I dig the flower-hugging Pokémon. She's cute. Wish I got a better view of Vivillon's pre-evos. I like Vivillon quite a bit.

I agree with the previous post that Furabebe is probably just going to be Spinda.
I kinda like Shishiko, and it would be amazing if it evolved into a Fire/Poison Manticore as mentioned above. That would be pretty much he coolest Pokemon ever.
Talonflame is kind of an unoriginal name, but I like the design. I always wanted the Fletchling to be Fire, and it happened!
The two Pre-evolutions are kind of meh. Don't really care too much about them.

Overall...THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST GENERATION EVER!!!!!!!

P.DelSlayer said:

edit: I've also got a hunch that Fletchling has 2 evolutions, with Talonflame being the last of them. This would mean that there's still the middle stage we've yet to see.
But Fire/Flying heck yea! I'm hoping that because of this, it will open up more possibilities in future gens for *interestingtype*/Flying.

I dislike them doing Fletchling evolve into a Fire/Flying. Fletchling was good with its type and design (best of the gen IMO maybe after Xerneas) but I dislike Talonflame because Fletchling was very natural to make it that way. Fire/Flying isn't a good typing either (Stealth Rocks). Fire/Flying has been done already so it "doesn't open possibilities for *Interesting type*/Flying" because it would have been done since gen 1 (not saying that they won't just that the possibility was there since the beginning). Even though I agree that it will probably have a pre evo.

We haven't had a fire/flying since the 1st gen, save for Ho-oh [legendary], and those were the last evo of the fire starter and a legendary. If it stayed normal it would be just another regional bird with hardly anything special; the designs are just what they look like and don't do anything for actual gameplay unlike typing, stats, etc.

Stealth rocks can go jump in a lake.

xayshade said:
Mitja said:

That is the single case I would not consider to be a "casual evolution".

A better example would have been Masquerain, Ninjask or Drapion.

But my point was that usually a pokemon gaining a secondary type didn't have one already (that list would be much longer than 3 or 4 examples). Being secondary Normal is already something odd on its own, and kind of pointless to even do if the pokemon are going to lose it upon evolving anyway.

I like how we have a group of friends in this Generation. I liked Bianca and Cheren last gen but overtime they got annoying in my opinion.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
P.DelSlayer said:

I dislike them doing Fletchling evolve into a Fire/Flying. Fletchling was good with its type and design (best of the gen IMO maybe after Xerneas) but I dislike Talonflame because Fletchling was very natural to make it that way. Fire/Flying isn't a good typing either (Stealth Rocks). Fire/Flying has been done already so it "doesn't open possibilities for *Interesting type*/Flying" because it would have been done since gen 1 (not saying that they won't just that the possibility was there since the beginning). Even though I agree that it will probably have a pre evo.

I meant that it could mean the regional birds may have interesting types, as opposed to Normal.

Whitefire said:
We haven't had a fire/flying since the 1st gen, and those were the last evo of the fire starter and a legendary. If it stayed normal it would be just another regional bird with hardly anything special; the designs are just what they look like and don't do anything for actual gameplay unlike typing, stats, etc.

Stealth rocks can go jump in a lake.

We have had another Fire/Flying since Gen.1, Ho-Oh.

Ah, right, forgot about the Ho-oh. Still a legend, though. I'm glad we have a common fire/flying now.

Mitja said:
xayshade said:

That is the single case I would not consider to be a "casual evolution".

A better example would have been Masquerain, Ninjask or Drapion.

But my point was that usually a pokemon gaining a secondary type didn't have one already (that list would be much longer than 3 or 4 examples). Being secondary Normal is already something odd on its own, and kind of pointless to even do if the pokemon are going to lose it upon evolving anyway.

I think it opens up to possibilities
like yes it could stay normal or give way to a different type, as normal is pretty good at transitioning into whatever
and I understand, I was just saying that at this stage, gamefreak is throwing out a lot of rules so you shouldn't just say "this won't happen cause makes no sense"

With Helioptile and now Shishiko having a secondary Normal-type, I'm starting to wonder if there isn't some kind of new gameplay element we haven't been told about. I heard someone suggest the primary type would give more STAB than a secondary, but I'm not sure how that would work out.

It just seems rather...strange to me to have Normal as a secondary type. As a primary type it can make sense, as the secondary type can then represent a slight affinity for a type, but Normal seems more like the "default," the unspecialized type

GOD! OH MY GOD!

I was like reaching page 19 yesterday and had a four hour class today and now THIS?!

I... I...

*Faints*

EDIT: Horde Encounters!!!

*Faints Again*

Back