(1) 'Thundurus vs. Tornadus Gift Set' Revealed [10/12]

Frost said:
The problem for me is more that I just don't like the CGI style in the first place, though. It's gotten better over the years but it still feels too basic and boring to me, no matter which one of the multiple CGI artists is doing it.

I prefer the hand-drawn artwork because there's many more artists/styles and each of the artists actually draw the Pokemon with different settings/poses/etc. Which I guess also leads to me agreeing with your point about the lack of variation of the CGI artwork, but even if the CGI art had more variety, I would still prefer the hand-drawn stuff.
Would you be satisfied with psuedo-hand-drawn art? Just to at least mix up the textures?

Textures would help the CGI artwork. But so would having actual backgrounds... I really really do not like the 5ban Graphics generic, mid-90's VR Troopers-esque backgrounds that you can see even on the Thundurus and Zekrom cards in this set.

Wow these cards look pretty cool. Strangely enough that these cards are coming out on a 3 month span since they were last announced. Why is it 3 months for promos and 2 months for unlimited or limited sets? I am confused XD.:)

Haha, another version of our BW Zekrom? AND Reshiram? OK then. I guess I'll get this for the Tornadus too. Gift set's got some pretty solid cards in there. Very nice.

One thing I must say since I've been thinking of it periodically throughout the day:

Since ReshiPhlosion/Reshiboar, Speedkrom, Reuniclus/Dragons, along with Rainbow Energy/Dragons teched into many decks are pretty much the most popular decks out there, at least we'll see different artwork looking on down the table at any given tournament :p

^I know. Its like they assume we don't care about anything else. At least its not reprints of starters, though. Ugh.

At least Reshiram EX and Zekrom EX were not reprints. But they had to by stroger so they couldn't be. Zekrom and Reshiram's attacks are good, though!

EeveeLv99 said:
One thing I must say since I've been thinking of it periodically throughout the day:

Since ReshiPhlosion/Reshiboar, Speedkrom, Reuniclus/Dragons, along with Rainbow Energy/Dragons teched into many decks are pretty much the most popular decks out there, at least we'll see different artwork looking on down the table at any given tournament :p

:D Haha yeah. That's a great point.

Back