(1) U.S. Air Date for 'Arceus and the Jewel of Life' - November 20th [11/2]

K does not equal C.

However, this proves my theory. This Arc(k)eus in the movie, which is a Lv. 100 piece of crap that loses every fight with any other "real" Arceus, which will come soon enough.

By the way, since Darkrai, around after the movie's premier one year, the respective wifi event becomes available. So I would expect to be able to RNG a Shiny 31/31/31/X/31/31 Adamant Arceus soon enough, hopefully in the summer.

Rotom479 said:
Marcus? That sounds so... NOT evil. I kinda liked how Gishin sounded.
Isn't that the great thing about it, though? It doesn't sound evil because he's not supposed to sound evil. :3

I like Marcus. It's a great name for him. Too bad they didn't rename Damos, 'cause he really needs a name ending with -us. *sighs*

InuMimi said:
Now that I remember, I use to call him "are-kay-us" before PBR came out. I like it better than "are-kee-us". "Are-kay-us" just sounds more godly to me. *shrugs*

I used to call Infernape Infer-ape without the N. I thought it was Inferape until I looked at it closer. I have done that wit a few other Pokemon. Sometimes it takes me awhile until I get the names right.:)

"The site's movie trailer also reveals that Arceus' name is pronounced with a hard "C" sound (Ar-kee-iss), contradicting the "Ar-see-us" pronunciation in Pokemon Battle Revolution."

Failure detected. I know why it could be Arkeus as well, it's something they should have thought of when they did it in PBR IMHO. It's coming across as very sloppy.

Btw,Those wallpapers form the movie pwn.
It's time to laugh again at bad voices like they did in the Shaymin movie.

Shaymin Lv.X said:
It's time to laugh again at bad voices like they did in the Shaymin movie.

I do like those wallpapers :]
Oh jeez, I seriously hope they don't screw this movie up. But, they probably will. I hope Arceus' voice isn't stupid. God help them if it is -_-;

Shaymin Lv.X said:
It's time to laugh again at bad voices like they did in the dub

Fixed.
It's not a "weeaboo" thing either, it just sounds like trash. Ash is just not the Ash that I grew up with. I knew that they switched them, but they shouldn't have.

viper.fox said:
Thanks Pokemon International for hiring IDIOTS to do your translatory work and pronunciations.

It's Ar-say-us. A-Ru-Se-U-Su. アルセウス.

Not Arc-eus.

Godpony on a cracker this is going to be woeful this friday to watch.

Totally agree. Watching it is going to be like driving over a bumpy road with beautiful scenery all around. You'll watch the lovely scenery (the film) and every once in a while, you'll hit a bump (in this case, them saying "Arkeus") and be ripped out of being totally absorbed in the film... Kinda ruins the viewing experience... D:

Anyways, I'm glad Damos and Kevin also kept their names, but Gishin was so much cooler than Marcus. I guess I'll get used to that in time...

So glad to finally have a U.S. date for the film. Can't wait to see it. :D

I feel the need to point out that I distinctly heard two separate pronunciations in the trailer. The first one was Ar-kay-us (how it should be), and then at the end it was "Ar-see-us" (which is lame).

I'm with InuMimi here. Ar-kay-us sounds much more "godly", and fits better in my opinion. I actually say it more like "Ar-kay-oos" (The same as Deus is pronounced), but that's just me.

As for the actual movie, I'm not really planning on watching it - at least not anytime soon. I haven't seen a decent Pokémon movie since probably Spell of the Unown, though I've seen all of them to date.

I probably won't watch the movie for a while. I don't know how good it will be. Hopefully a fitting end to the Trilogy, but somehow I'm doubtful. The fact that is has Arceus in it is a good sign that it will be promising, but as Xander stated, there really hasn't been a decent Pokémon movie in a while. I personally think the HeartGold/SoulSilver movie (if it exists) will be better than this, but we'll see.

I will never say Ar-kee-iss >:O /rebel

Hi it's been along time since I last came here but I just find something very interesting in the official site of "Arceus and the Jewel of Life" in the story DUB its says that "Arceus, a Legendary Pokemon that is said to have helped shape the world" so does this means that in the DUBS he isn't the creator of the pokemon world but one of many? or one of two?

Giratina86 said:
Hi it's been along time since I last came here but I just find something very interesting in the official site of "Arceus and the Jewel of Life" in the story DUB its says that "Arceus, a Legendary Pokemon that is said to have helped shape the world" so does this means that in the DUBS he isn't the creator of the pokemon world but one of many? or one of two?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think they mean "world" as in the tangible and intangible aspects of life - like how it made Dialga to control time, Palkia to control Space, Giratina to be the balance of the two, and then the Lake Spirits to make knowledge, willpower, and emotion. So in that regard, it had some help, I guess? Like it didn't totally control every aspect of shaping the world (unless you count making the dragons and pixies from itself)... I'm not sure. Perhaps they just say that because it made the universe and the basic shape of the planet, but then Kyogre, Groudon, and Regigigas shaped the oceans and continents?

Really, though, they just seem to flip-flop between what they say Arceus actually did, depending on where you're looking. They refuse to just say one thing and stick to it. For example, looking at the TCG section says it shaped the Pokémon Universe. Looking at the film's description says it simply shaped the world. So it's hard to take what they say seriously or draw any concrete conclusions when they can't seem to get their story straight.

That's a good explanation, but i think that Arceus's different explanations about it creating the world or universe is because they don't want to get heat from the church, because the existence of Arceus itself is a conflict with reality, (and by that I mean the subject that it was before everything and the only one who has this characteristics is GOD and i think that in the USA this can draw a ton of heat from the church for putting the role of GOD to a pokemon and not just leave that aspect of life and creation empty or to everyone's guess) now I know that its just a game and fantasy but you know how people is.

Giratina86 said:
That's a good explanation, but i think that Arceus's different explanations about it creating the world or universe is because they don't want to get heat from the church, because the existence of Arceus itself is a conflict with reality, (and by that I mean the subject that it was before everything and the only one who has this characteristics is GOD and i think that in the USA this can draw a ton of heat from the church for putting the role of GOD to a pokemon and not just leave that aspect of life and creation empty or to everyone's guess) now I know that its just a game and fantasy but you know how people is.

Yeah, that's most likely it. Which is a shame because, like you said, it's just a game. xP

Anyways... Yeah... Can't wait to see the film. xP Hopefully they don't pull the same flip-flopping when the movie describes what it did. *Shrugs*

Giratina86 said:
When Arceus creates Dialga/Palkia/Giratina in HG/SS, it can't do it on its own. Why should he be able to "shape the world" without help? x3

This adds to my "UNOWN IS GOD! ARCEUS IS PROXY!"-theory. Thank ye~

Too bad it isn't this week. Right before Thanksgiving though. I'll be sure to watch it.

And the pronunciation of Archeus sucks. It should definitely be Arseeus.

dmaster out.

Giratina86 said:

I know what you mean. People flip out about the littlest of things. Remember the Jynx or the Kadabra incident? People seem to always want to find a "flaw" and claim the franchise to be discriminating. Yeah, Arceus is essentially the God of all Pokemon but...come one, it's part of a game/anime series created for entertainment by a Japanese gaming company. I, for one, love the idea of a god Pokemon. It really fascinates me and gets the creative juices flowing. Before Arceus and Generation VI came along, I use to write legends based on the legendary Pokemon and what I saw/heard about them in the games, anime, and so forth. I’d revere them as gods and guardians and I still think of them as such today. It’s just so fascinating to me and is something I enjoy learning about. Some people do take it seriously but so what? As long as they aren’t actually hurting anyone or anything then I don’t see what’s wrong with it. Of course, this is just my opinion and I’m sure there is someone out there who would love to try and contradict everything I said, stating that it’s desecrating to Christianity or any monotheistic religion for that matter. :/

The pronunciation: It doesn't matter that much to me. I've been saying it the way that PBR has been saying it for a long time, but I have to yield to an agreement that is generally accepted by the community: However it is pronounced in the anime is how it goes. So, I say it with the hard "c", as silly as it seems at first. It fits, because it has two arcs on opposite sides of it's mandala.

Arceus's interpretation as a god pokemon: I think Nintendo is flip-flopping on Arceus's exact role in the Pokemon universe for a reason: Arceus was intended to ignite the imagination of the person who is playing the game, and allowing them to attempt to draw their own conclusions. Isn't it appropriate that a mysterious pokemon like Arceus should always have some amount of mystery surrounding it (such as Mew, which still does)?

It is pronounced "Arkeus"? I thought it was "Arseaus" If it is "Arkeus" and not"Arseaus" it will really sound weird when they say it. I thought it was "Arseaus" ever since it came out before the offical release of the Pokemon. I have had my Arceus for almost 2 years now.:)

Back