(1) X/Y Pokemon Direct [9/4]

bacon said:
professorlight said:
And if you are at your aunt's and absolutely need to access the bank, well, let me just tell you *CENSORED*... and that's how babies are made. hmm hmmm.

What on earth are you waffling on about?

I'll tell you when you are older, honey.

Loved the new mini sprites. Their color is much more accurate and the art is more detailed.

tumblr_msmnuied2C1r6xrqvo1_1280.png

tumblr_msmnuied2C1r6xrqvo2_1280.png

I really don't know what to think of Magnezone's gender. Was it a mistake?
I mean, the official spanish site had a clear error in the same screenshot, listing Jolteon as a Electric/Normal type (look above Pikachu).

sept_bank_p3_01_quoa3.jpg
sept_bank_p3_01_es_quoa3.jpg

The saddest thing about this update is that I want to use Fennekin as my Kalos starter, but Charizard is my favourite of the new mega forms. *sobs uncontrollably*

Bank is cool; I don't really understand why people are so upset about it, but it'll blow over, I guess. Not sure if I'll actually pay for it since I don't usually transfer over Pokémon, but I do have some shiny/event Pokémon I should probably transfer over during the free period, just to be safe. Though, I have a feeling my partner will want the bank since he's a "gotta catch 'em all" type. :p

Also, for the record, it's not stated clearly in the news article, but the Pokémon 3DSes will be released in Europe as well. I think I'm going to poke my partner to see if we can buy the red one, since currently we only have 1 3DS that we share between us, and I think the red would match well with our blue FE 3DS. :D

CMP said:
Mega Kanto Starters look pretty good...except for the flower on Mega Venusaur's forehead. Mega Blastoise looks very similar to a lot of fan art I've seen of it, actually.

No. They don't. XD

In Transformers, there is a term known as "kibble". It originally arose from the animal pieces often left hanging off of Transformers: Beast Wars action figures that often looked back and got in the way. The term (unfortunately) has become useful for describing when any figure has bits and pieces that aren't important to the current "configuration" but get in the way...

...and I find it quite useful to refer to similar elements often found in character designs that don't have to deal with anything remotely "real". Now, sometimes it can look cool, but mostly it doesn't. This would be an example. Venusaur looks the best... but that is probably because its original design was my least favorite (despite green being my favorite color!) so it is a matter of hurting the original appearance the "least". Charizard probably comes in the middle, with its arms looking even more fragile (over the years, Charmeleon impresses me more and more, while Charizard less and less). Blastoise was always my favorite, so the new form hurts it the most. The overly large cannon is just goofy, and not in a fun "Lol its so stupid its cool!" kind of way. I think I like the additional forearm armor and cannons though.

Of course, I am not particularly fond of the "Mega" concept anyway, so expecting me to "like" them is probably pushing it. To give an idea of how it might be better... for a creature with a form that is already patterned after something "real" (like an animal)... why not make the Mega form patterned after another similar animal? Imagine a Blastoise based on a snapping turtle or even some form of ankylosaur!

Love the new Mega Blastoise (must have). Venusaur is OK. Charizard not so much, don't know why but it seems a little dumb compared to the Original...

Bank is indeed not crucial. Gamers like me who want to own ONLY 1 of each pokémon have more than enough box room as it is (ingame) so, ...
I like how the meaning of the bracelet is finally ravealed. (Hopefully you don't get it right at the start. That would be pretty lame and too easy).

Not getting your pokemon from the professor (directly) seems to be a new trend since BW2 so no issue there!

So we'll get a Kalos Starter, a Kanto Starter, and Torchic(Hoenn Starter) on launch day? Sweetness.

Shampoo Thief said:
Does anyone know how much later in the game we get the Kanto starters? I would assume post-Elite 4.

The bank costing money bothered meat first, but I can spare $5 a year. That isn't bad at all.

The Charizard Mega is amazing. I think it is changed enough from Charizard. Venusaur isn't bad, but didn't impress me or anything. It just grew some more foliage. As for Blastoise... Sorry but don't like it very much. That huge cannon just looks ridiculous.

It says you're supposed to get them as soon as you meet the professor in Lumiose City.

cookymonster760 said:
Is no one excited for the pokemon 3ds I will be buying both of them since they look superbly nice

I am. Talk about being overlooked. And they come out 2 weeks early.

Rick Rhone said:
CMP said:
An annual fee required for Pokémon Bank? Probably won't make too many people happy.

To everyone complaining about the paid service:

It's 5 fricking DOLLARS A YEAR. Are you guys really that tight up for money?

The complaining is a little too much. Not that serious.

So excited about the X and Y 3DS XL systems. I'll be getting one on the first day. Now to wait and see what deals the stores give out.....

2 weeks early for the special edition consoles is a nice treat. We won't have the games yet, but we'll be able to have the consoles two weeks before the games are out. It'll make those last two weeks go by faster

To people complaining the games won't come bundled with this:
Well for one, they're being released later this month, so it was obvious that they wouldn't have the games with them. Besides, a lot of people were worried that these would have came with digital copies. Now that they don't people could still go out and buy their physical copies. Like what Teeboy said, I wanna see what deals the stores will offer too. Target and TRU had some really good deals with the Pikachu 3DS. Like to see what they offer this time.

I've got to say that I am very pleased with the designs of the Kanto Mega Evolutions. (Mega Blastoise being my favorite =o).

The large flower on Mega Venusaur's head... and back, just look plain awful, imo. I would have rather preferred if they had some sort of design (like the diamond shape above its nose), and continued with the leaves around the trunk, like Venusaur.

Pokemon Bank is going to be something that I probably won't use.

KurowaSan said:
Loved the new mini sprites. Their color is much more accurate and the art is more detailed.

Those are really nice on the whole. In some cases though, I think the original sprites were actually better. Mewtwo, Ampharos, and Jigglypuff for example

Teeboy23 said:
Shampoo Thief said:
Does anyone know how much later in the game we get the Kanto starters? I would assume post-Elite 4.

It says you're supposed to get them as soon as you meet the professor in Lumiose City.

Do you have a source for this? I'm just curious because the pokemon direct and pokemon.com have both been vague about when you receive the Kanto starters. They just say "later on" or "when the professor gives you a pokemon" and don't mention Lumiose.

The bank was inevitable.

It doesn't just solve the gen V -> gen VI transfer, but all transfers to come.
When gen VII shows up, they won't even need to make a transporter app as XY are already fully compatible with the bank.

garbodorable said:
KurowaSan said:

Those are really nice on the whole. In some cases though, I think the original sprites were actually better. Mewtwo, Ampharos, and Jigglypuff for example

Teeboy23 said:

Do you have a source for this? I'm just curious because the pokemon direct and pokemon.com have both been vague about when you receive the Kanto starters. They just say "later on" or "when the professor gives you a pokemon" and don't mention Lumiose.

Its just that its a safe guess that you would come across the regional professor at some point in the main part of the game.

Whats with all the 'i want this starter and that starter but theyre the same type D:'

I'm getting Fennekin, Charmander, and the Torchic. I'll also be training a Fletchling.

Forget all that typing jazz; pick that up after you get your favs, i say.

Not that im trying to tell ya'll what to do; Here listen to me, some random internet person who obviously knows /everything/. Do whatever, im just saying.

KurowaSan said:
really don't know what to think of Magnezone's gender. Was it a mistake?
I mean, the official spanish site had a clear error in the same screenshot, listing Jolteon as a Electric/Normal type (look above Pikachu).

I think those screenshots were put together from assets, not taken from the game. The spanish translations are the literal words, they don't take into account the fact that the words are connected to the word "nature" which in spanish is gendered.

Rash is "alocado", when it should be "alocada", since it's referring to "naturaleza".

Besides, jolteon's wrong typing is the same as helioptile (and in the english one the error is not there), and magnezone's gender appears in ampharos and helioptile, also, "marking" is not in the middle of it's respective field, and the english words are all in uppercase, while the spanish ones are in lowercase.

KurowaSan said:

Agreed. I think Mewtwo, Zapdos, and Rayquaza are the biggest improvements out of them.

KurowaSan said:

I really don't know what to think of Magnezone's gender. Was it a mistake?

Thank goodness they finally changed Rayquaza's mini sprite! I'm really OCD, and the way it looked totally messed with my head. Something about it just looked...wrong.

About the Magnezone thing: I'm stumped. I really don't have any idea why it shows Magnezone having a gender. It seems odd to me that they would suddenly give the Magnemite line genders after 5 generations.

Jolteon being Normal-type also confuses me. I'm 99% sure it's a mistake, but I find it weird that there would be 2 misprints on the same release.

Made this if anyone is wondering what Shiny Mega Kanto Starters would probably look like...
Nx5DGT8.jpg
smaller:
n7GdV3U.png

dr.professor kevin said:
I don't get why there are so many people that are upset by the five dollars a year price tag for pokemon bank. I think it's perfectly reasonable.

^This

1) an optional service you can try for a month for free, and then never use again
2) an en mass way to move Pokemon over instead of catching a bazillion [insert generic first route Pokemon] to trade in a 5+ hour span of time or constantly busting yourself in a very funky mini game
3) A one month trial hack check to make sure you Pokemon are legit (or to test if your hacks are good *cough cough* >_>)

In the future you never know-they could start doing a rewards thing for people who have held long time subscriptions, fill all their boxes, have one of each species etc. And if it's DS system tied, go split the fee with a friend (or friends) if it bothers you that much, and transfer through that one system. Share a Bank if 5 bucks a month is so much more money than having internet at home, a router, multiple DS/Gameboy Advance systems and games to trade between, Gamecubes with trade cables, Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness and game link cables/wireless adapters. If you don't have internet, you probably shouldn't be chucking money at consoles let alone games or computers.

Question about the Poke Transporter. Do you actually have to pay for Poke Bank to use the transporter to transfer Pokemo? It says in the news story that you just need to download Poke Bank to use Poke Transporter. I did not see anything about paying for Poke Bank just to transfer Pokemon. All I saw was that you need to download bank to use the transporter. If you just need to download back and transporter I will do tnat to use the transporter but I will notpay for bank if that works that way. Also how many boxes of storage will there be in X & Y? I hope it is higher than 30 boxes XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Question about the Poke Transporter. Do you actually have to pay for Poke Bank to use the transporter to transfer Pokemo? It says in the news story that you just need to download Poke Bank to use Poke Transporter. I did not see anything about paying for Poke Bank just to transfer Pokemon. All I saw was that you need to download bank to use the transporter. If you just need to download back and transporter I will do tnat to use the transporter but I will notpay for bank if that works that way. Also how many boxes of storage will there be in X & Y? I hope it is higher than 30 boxes XD.:)

It is assumed that you will have to pay for the Pokemon Bank in order to download it, so more than likely yes, you will have to pay to use the Pokemon Transporter. As far as how much storage there will be in X and Y, no one knows officially. However DNA did do some math and came up with a logical explanation as to how much there might be:

DNA said:
The # of in-game boxes will probably be at least the same, if not more, than B/W.

Gen 3 = 386 Pokemon species = 14 boxes @ 30 apiece = 420 slots
Gen 4 = 493 Pokemon species = 18 boxes @ 30 apiece = 540 slots
Gen 5 = 649 Pokemon species = 24 boxes @ 30 apiece = 720 slots
Gen 6 = 750+? Pokemon species = ?? boxes @ 30 apiece = ??? slots

Excluding that Gen 4 anomaly (I stand corrected), the box slots have always had more slots than the available species. Gen 6 will, I'm predicting, have 30 in-game boxes, resulting in 900 slots in-game. That should be plenty. They could get away with 24, but they have enough to bump it up to 30. 30 is also a nice round number, so it can work out. They could do 27 or 28 boxes, but 30 seems the most likely.
(Do not take any of this as fact. This is merely speculation.)

Though I will admit I am one of those people who had to continually clean out his boxes in Black 1 because of overcrowding.

Zielo said:
xxashxx said:

It is assumed that you will have to pay for the Pokemon Bank in order to download it, so more than likely yes, you will have to pay to use the Pokemon Transporter. As far as how much storage there will be in X and Y, no one knows officially. However DNA did do some math and came up with a logical explanation as to how much there might be:

DNA said:
The # of in-game boxes will probably be at least the same, if not more, than B/W.

Gen 3 = 386 Pokemon species = 14 boxes @ 30 apiece = 420 slots
Gen 4 = 493 Pokemon species = 18 boxes @ 30 apiece = 540 slots
Gen 5 = 649 Pokemon species = 24 boxes @ 30 apiece = 720 slots
Gen 6 = 750+? Pokemon species = ?? boxes @ 30 apiece = ??? slots

Excluding that Gen 4 anomaly (I stand corrected), the box slots have always had more slots than the available species. Gen 6 will, I'm predicting, have 30 in-game boxes, resulting in 900 slots in-game. That should be plenty. They could get away with 24, but they have enough to bump it up to 30. 30 is also a nice round number, so it can work out. They could do 27 or 28 boxes, but 30 seems the most likely.
(Do not take any of this as fact. This is merely speculation.)

Though I will admit I am one of those people who had to continually clean out his boxes in Black 1 because of overcrowding.

In the upper left corner you can see 247/3000. So, 3000 slots. Is that enough for ya, guys?

Ok so there could either be 28 or 30 boxes. That is my estimate or they could have 100 boxes like there will be on the cloud XD.:)

EDIT: My guess is we might have to pay to download bank but I don't think you have to pay the $5.00 fee to use transporter. That does not make sense. I hope they include the traditional way as well. I hope the transfer feature will be still the same or similar or I will just clone my Pokemon with someone and have them transfer my Pokemon or have someone that can transfer do it like I have always done.:)

Back