(1) XY14 Trevenant and XY15 Slurpuff in 'Furious Fists' Blisters [8/2]

Water Pokémon Master said:
Nickmare said:
If you believe that what they have said is a direct lie on their part, and it will effect your communities, or your own online image - seek legal advice.

Well, it's 100% a lie. I mean, I even showed you all the proof. But I'm not petty enough to sue them or whatever. Like I've been saying this whole time, I'm just shocked that they think it's okay to act like that when they're that big of a website. Hopefully others see what they are.

Legal action doesn't just have to be about charging them. In cases like this it can force them to write an apology to yourself/your site, and post it in places such as their private twitter, their website, etc.

Luispipe8 said:
Sadly enough, I think that this might get to that point IF it goes further. But even if WPM did that, it's not going to be easy. I mean, if they're capable of this, who knows who is in charge of their legal department and what are they willing to do.
Actually, my best friend, his father, and his grandfather are all lawyers from UCLA, and by association, I know all of their lawyer friends too. :p They always tell me if I ever need anything they'd be more than happy to help, hehe.

Of course this is a stupid issue to make a legal deal out of. Let Bulbagarden's actions speak for itself. I don't think you can get away with blatantly lying and accusing someone of what they did without the public thinking bad of them. Hopefully I'm not wrong about that.

Nickmare said:
Legal action doesn't just have to be about charging them. In cases like this it can force them to write an apology to yourself/your site, and post it in places such as their private twitter, their website, etc.

I actually love that idea. Hmm...

This whole thing is ridiculous. I have used Bulbanews for news and have used Bulbapedia a lot for them being a Pokémon Wiki. I will no longer be using any of there services and I hope this situation shows everyone how Bulbapedia/Bulbanews really is.

I normally never knock anyone or any businesses, but this... This is horrible.

> I post them up, give the guy credit, it's just another card collecting story.
Andreas B: He didn't even remember my name! D:

I'm glad you guys were able to expose what Bulbgarden (Which I honestly didn't even know existed until today)did. As a person that gets credit stolen from them more often than it should happen, I couldn't help but smile when I saw how stupid they sounded on the Twitter posts.

I've seen cases like this before too and it's funny because the same thing always happens. Like seriously? "we simply cannot see what was stolen" I'm really surprised their supporters didn't notice anything weird, but that's probably because they don't really intend to put much thought to it. It's just one little thing on Twitter and doesn't affect them directly, so don't be offended that the supporters believe Bulbagarden.

BTW maybe you could edit the name of this thread and make a new one for the promos? I was sorta disappointed when I realized only the first five posts were actually about them. Not that this thread wasn't interesting but... yeah.

Carpey said:
> I post them up, give the guy credit, it's just another card collecting story.
Andreas B: He didn't even remember my name! D:

I know who you are, I just didn't want to bring you in to all of this, haha. :D

Seriously, does no one that goes on Bulbanews have eyes. Let's take a closer look featuring Momaster12's college level art skillz shall we?

mcsly8.png

I'm sure I missed something else as I have not been keeping up with the thread. My opinion on the matter is that at this point, Bulba is not gonna fess up and their followers will stay loyal, unfortunately. It's a shame it got this outta hand and I sincerely am glad at how WPM addressed the situation, like a grown person. I hope this doesn't happen again.

Are they purposely bumping down their tweets? Before this the last tweets were from a while ago so they don't seem to post that frequently, but since their false accusations they're just spamming stuff. I think it's clear that they don't want their wrongs being in the spotlight anymore.

Nickmare said:

I actually love that idea. Hmm...

So use it.
When you do stuff like letting the issue slide because "Bulbapedia has already showed how ugly they can be," you aren't actually solving anything. All that is happening is that you are letting them openly bash you while their fan base soaks it up. Not only that, but they have been constantly posting on their twitter now to hide everything. It was quite literally an attempt to slander you, and then bury everything because you exposed them.

If you aren't going to do anything, so be it - but nothing will come of it unless you defend yourself/your site.

Drohn said:
Are they purposely bumping down their tweets? Before this the last tweets were from a while ago so they don't seem to post that frequently, but since their false accusations they're just spamming stuff. I think it's clear that they don't want their wrongs being in the spotlight anymore.

Yes. It's a hit-and-run.

Just another quick post before I go to bed.

You have support from here: (/VP/)
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/20317937 (SFW board, but unlikely a SFW thread. Ever.)

Also, it's probably a good idea to screencap everything that you may feel is of value, such as this:

3noFgWb.png

No telling when Bulba will take it down.

Just wondering if this has been posted yet, and it seems incredibly passive aggressive.

I however cannot confirm if this is an actual tweet or was edited.

1407118318209.jpg

As a parent of two Pokemon players, I'm deeply upset by Bulbapedia's actions. I know Pokemon webmasters probably bicker back and forth, this one steals from that one, etc. etc., but like many of you said, Bulbapedia's response was completely vicious and uncalled for (especially when they were in the wrong). I will not let any of my League players use their website anymore, and I will be discussing this with my fellow TOs at Worlds. It's the only thing I can do, but word of mouth spreads far when it comes to Pokemon players, especially when it involves every player's favorite TCG website. Props to Pokebeach for taking a stance.

Fangarde said:
Just wondering if this has been posted yet, and it seems incredibly passive aggressive.

I however cannot confirm if this is an actual tweet or was edited.

1407118318209.jpg

Pretty sure that one is made-up. Though the last time I said that, the Tweets were real, so nothing will surprise me at this point. XD

Alright, after some digging around I can say, with 99% accuracy, that previous tweet is probably fake. However, I will be leaving it up there for people so they don't wonder who you quoted.

Fangarde said:
Alright, after some digging around I can say, with 99% accuracy, that previous tweet is probably fake. However, I will be leaving it up there for people so they don't wonder who you quoted.

"Reply | Delete | Favorite"

Always check the lower left corner when people post those tweet printscreens.

Mario With Lasers said:
Fangarde said:

"Reply | Delete | Favorite"

Always check the lower left corner when people post those tweet printscreens.

Alright, now that I know that trick I shall use it from now on.

This has probably been said a million times already, but whatever. Honestly, for a website as big as Bulba it's insanely childish and more importantly unprofessional for them to be doing what they did: throwing shade and trying to make Pokebeach look like the bad guy all while Bulba backpedals and tries to hide their unprofessional actions. Like seriously this is the internet, you can't take back and hide something you said because millions of people have already seen it and replicated it. They were caught stealing from a site, like seriously, you've been caught. Put on your big-kid pants and accept the consequences. There's no point in hiding and backtracking when you've been blatantly caught. They're probably all adults, they should start acting like one and take responsibility for their actions. WPM I'm so sorry you have to deal with this bullcrap, we're all supporting you in this one.

OMG! I've heard about Bulbapedia's shady practices over the years. This is a new low. Its an accepted practice to credit your sources. Do they think they're so bloody important they can do as they please?

Bulbagarden/Bulbapedia/Bulbanews plagiarizing and rewording content from other Pokemon websites has been going on for years. When they do source, its generally not the originating article or source either.

What is actually quite bad is they are supposed to adhere to the CC license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5 and http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bulbanews:Copyrights

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

So they are basically saying, we can copy and reword information without attribution, but other sites can't. They've been caught doing this countless times. What's even more annoying is as soon as copied content is added to their wiki its 'covered' by the Collective Commons license.

Even if the images weren't stolen, it's generally good form to credit whoever "broke" a news story first.

Unless you're ESPN. ;)

Back